• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New And Superior Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Okay so i've looked through the forums and couldn't find one like this anywhere so i decided to create one. =) Am I the only person who has taught "Hey, you know what would be cool? A New pokémon game where you start off in Kanto with the first 151 pokémon, move to Johto and 251 pokémon, Hoeen, Sinnoh and so on . . ."? I think it would be an awesome idea you would get an endless amount of playing time on it trying to complete the game and ultimately, trying to 'Catch 'em all'. How cool would it be? And it would be even cooler if they made it possible to catch those pokemon that were never included in the game e.g. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc. But made it challenging like you had to beat the Sinnoh region and do various tasks first. I would easily pay €80 or possibly even more for a game like this. Your taughts on this?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • The only person huh?

Anyway it would be cool starting off in Kanto then going to Johto but not being able to bring your Pokemon and having to start of with new Pokemon but after you beat the Elite 4 you can use any of the Pokemon you've obtained and so on for the other regions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    I knew there would be others out there =D This game would be kick ass =D My friend taught the exact same as what you just said there =)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Not only does the scope of such a game leave nearly nothing left for any new content to be made, it doesn't sound great for players to be forced to go from one place to another without much choice in the matter (God knows we've had enough retreads through Kanto to satisfy anyone for the rest of time).

At least giving the player the option for where to start and to go next would be a lot better off, but making that work together pushes an idea even further into "too much to be practical" territory.

DempseyBoy

All will end in Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2018
    no way thats awful ''The 100 Mega Shock'' starting off at kanto is the best idea cause your therefore starting off with the first 151 pokemon and then into the next 250 and so on i think hylandboy has something good to say and your just ruining it johto and kanto are the best and will always be the best.
    Me and my friend in school were just thinking the exact same thing. so i think hylandboy has the better idea and not the 100 mega shoch idea
    thumbs down for ''the 100 mega shock''
    thumbs up for ''hylandboy''

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • no way thats awful ''The 100 Mega Shock'' starting off at kanto is the best idea cause your therefore starting off with the first 151 pokemon and then into the next 250 and so on i think hylandboy has something good to say and your just ruining it johto and kanto are the best and will always be the best.

Hahaha. Hahaha. Ha. Haha. That's just your opinion though. Not everyone here thinks that Kanto and Johto are the best. I sure don't. I personally am sick and tired of Kanto and if there was a game like this, I would rather have the choice of my starting region, because I sure would hate to have to get through Kanto again just to go to other regions.

And he wasn't "ruining" what HylandBoy said, he was giving his opinion on the matter, just like you did in your post. That's what we do in threads like these, we voice our opinions.

My "taughts" on a game like this though...I personally wouldn't want it. What would be a big difference between this mash up game from the originals other than graphics and music? Not much. Personally, if I want to play through all the regions, I'll just pick up the game for that generation. I don't need a mash up game with everything in it. Besides, I don't know if a DS cart can support 5 regions. But I'm no expert with that stuff.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    As it stands you'd struggle. BW use about 200 megabytes on a DS card. Aside from like one game, the biggest DS carts around will hold 256MB max. Even with very creative asset recycling I don't think you could fit 5 whole regions in a 256MB card. It could be possible with a 512MB card but that most likely ends up costing a fair bit more to produce. This also doesn't take any possible engine limitations into account.

Right now it's not really possible with DS technology.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Awh =( looks like I could be waiting another while for a game like this so =(

DempseyBoy

All will end in Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2018
    damn i reali wanted to see a game like this ... where did u get all dis information

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I agree with The 100 Mega Shock on choose were you would like to start from. Starting from Kanto and being forced to go to Johto and only Johto is not doing it for me. I wonder how all the rival, evil teams, champions, and Professors dynamics would work out. Would they coordinate with one another in multiple regions and would the slate be clean and it would be like a whole new game. I personally would like to see interactions from recurring characters in multiple regions. Like seeing Steven or Cynthia in Johto or Adeku and Lance in Hoenn and Red and Green have more of a story. I think a game of this proportion if it ever happens with at the very least be on 3DS. The real question I have is Gamefreak every going to do that? Since it would take away purchases from their previous games since they can catch them all on one game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    Hmmm...Now I'm wondering if it would be possible to stitch together every Pokemon game using an emulator. Particularly, I wonder if you could combine the main games with Ranger? Collosseum/XD would be completely out of the question, due to problems with cross-platform emulation, and genre switches would probably be impossible. But you could probably get the four main regions together if you used data from the metal remakes.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    We already have that.
    It's called having all mainstream Pokémon games.
    ---------

Are you guys even thinking about the amount of data a game like it would have?
    A hypothetical game with all regions would have enough space for:
    • 649 Pokémon
    • 5 regions
    • And everything else.
    Personally, I don't see it happening.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    This sounds like a good idea for a home console, but they, at least, should not include Unova to keep the appeal of the DS versions.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    We already have that.

But you still can't take the exact same character with the exact same party through all the regions without breaks. It's not the same. The world doesn't feel truly connected.

• 649 Pokémon
    • 5 regions
    • And everything else.

That is a paltry amount of data for a computer or console disc. It's only a problem for the DS, which is not the only platform Pokemon games are released on.

...Incidentally, has it occurred to anyone else how weird it is that a game as insanely popular as Pokemon is almost exclusively handheld?

coolmansam123

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    I think this can be possible for a home counsel also but why keep Unova out, its still a region from the creators of pokemon

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • We already have that.
    ---------

• 649 Pokémon
    • 5 regions
    • And everything else.

I agree in that a ds card cannot hold that much potential, less two regions I was told once, don't know if it is true. Besides, if they did make a game like that in some game console, then it would compete, and people would rather play that than the other original, one region games. The business are smarter than you think, they aren't going to use a double edged sword like that.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I'm thinking of this as "Pokemon The End Version," wherein GameFreak and Nintendo is not gaining anything from Pokemon anymore, which will probably be more years later and DS (or Nintendo) handheld technology will be even more awesome. I'd rather do region-picking to be at very much based from a set of questions (like mystery dungeons).

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Okay so i've looked through the forums and couldn't find one like this anywhere so i decided to create one. =) Am I the only person who has taught "Hey, you know what would be cool? A New pokémon game where you start off in Kanto with the first 151 pokémon, move to Johto and 251 pokémon, Hoeen, Sinnoh and so on . . ."? I think it would be an awesome idea you would get an endless amount of playing time on it trying to complete the game and ultimately, trying to 'Catch 'em all'. How cool would it be? And it would be even cooler if they made it possible to catch those pokemon that were never included in the game e.g. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc. But made it challenging like you had to beat the Sinnoh region and do various tasks first. I would easily pay €80 or possibly even more for a game like this. Your taughts on this?

no you're not the only one. and i think you're describing the pokemon mmo that everyone wants

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I find this concept cool, but by the time you move to a new region, your Pokemon will be overpowered compared to the previous region's (say you won in one region; when you move to the next, your Pokemon will be at a much higher level compared to the first gym leader in the region you're in).

Back