• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New and Upcomming Video Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
  • A Buddy and myself are currently trying to go to school for Game Design, We have a plot Idea for the game we want to make, we just need some Artists to be able to draw up characters, weapons, and other things and maybe do some level designs for us.. and we also need some Writers. If you are interested in being apart of the making of a Video Game, please PM me for further details.

Details on the game

The game is going to be a Fantasy Type RPG Style Game. It's main story is about 2 Warriors who have magic.. Both had the ability to turn into Dragons, however one was that of white magic, and the other was black magic. A fight broke out between the 2 and they both sealed eachother up in seperate sides of the world. 150 Years later after the fight had happend, 2 humans, stumble onto the places the 2 dragons were sealed.. one with intentions on freeing the White Dragon and restoring peace to his home land. and the other with dark intentions to control the dark dragon and rule the world. I am looking for a good AI Programmer as well, so if anyone is interested please PM me for more info.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Maybe if you posted more details you'll get more offers for help. And also this may be in the wrong section, I could be wrong though.

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Atla
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Where's the story? What you gave was just a basic and incredibly useless overview of what you'd like... you haven't shown us anything you can offer, it's almost like you want someone else to make it for you so you can steal it and take full credit for it.

Develop a story, characters and environment.
    Stray from the cliche of most stories and games these days, mix it up, though Aliens don't usually mix in with medieval themed games, it's not often done so it's not cliche.

Humans turning into dragons is common =/ infact human protagonists and antagonists are too common, it's boring. I don't want to wail on some human again and again and again. Even if thye can be a dragon =/ Something I liked about Eragon was the fact that Eragon and his Dragon Saphira were two separate characters, but were meshed well, the story does very well because of the emotional aspect. Will your game make sensitive players cry at sad parts? Or feel outraged at betrayals? A game is never all about the Gameplay as much as those jerk reviewers make it otu to be. A game is about telling a story and letting the player control just how it goes. Games that let the player decide for themselves how a story goes are popular, one's that are static and happen no matter what you do are boring and cliche.

Don't attempt something bigger than yourself. You are not Ubisoft or Sierra. Don't bother making a game as good as theirs. At best you might achieve something that was popular in 2004.

Who will we play as? What species are in the story? What activities will we take part in? What's the combat system like? What skill sets can we have?

I'd highly suggest ditching the Elf/Human main characters, too cliche, do something original. Making an... Anthro wolf the main character, for instance, would be kind of new and interesting ;)

Play other RPG games, get an idea and feel for what's done in them. Try to avoid scenarios that have been done before, or put your own interesting spin to them.
    I've recently played the RPG, Blue Dragon, it was rather like Final Fantasy, but the way the game flows through storyline and gameplay is amazing, I feel involved when I play. A tribe of some creature falls ill and I suddenly feel this urge to help them because they've been portrayed as nice folk, the evil villain is mysterious, his powers unknown, t he fact that you keep running into him again and again and fail to beat him is awesome, it shows your progress in the game and story as you slowly work your way to a final showdown.

There's so much more I could go on about =/ but I'll leave it at that.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Reading between the lines, the point of this thread seems to be team recruitment rather then showcase a game your working on.
    That's not allowed.
    There is a sticky team recruitment thread.
    If you wish to showcase your project, add a few screens and post in the drawing board section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back