• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new beggining, and an introduction.

Xaivier

You trust me with a title?
    Years
    Hello! My name is Xaivier, and I would like to introduce myself...

Im currently in high-school, my specialization is in programming (its my greatest talent in school, and have been complimented by my teacher on numerous occasions.)

I have learned 4 programming languages up to this point, which are; Visual Basic, PLC, C++ (My favourite) and Java (very very little =x)

I eventually decided to join this forum due to my interest in hacking a pokemon game. I tried about a year and a half ago, and to say the least I falied horribly. (I had no knowledge of programming, and very little info to start with.) So, after a few faliures I stopped trying. I have come back now to try again, I have read up a bit on POKEscript (Its simple, and simmaler to C++ in ways.) and have tried mapping (which is time consuming, but easy to learn IMHO) I also attempted swapping a pokemon sprite today, just to see if I could (with some tutorials I only had a minor error).

Enough about programming and hacking though...

My other hobbies are art (which is mostly doodling), cooking, and playing DnD. (Yes I am a huge nerd.)

Im a pretty nice guy, but I am lazy.

I would be very pleased with getting to know the members of this community!

P.S.

Also, anyone mind telling me the basic programs Il need to hack? I have advancedmap, a rom, an emulator, Poke Editor Pro, unLZ.gba, and irFanveiw.

Any other major ones I need? (AVmap says I need a program for pokescript for example.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome Xaivier!
    You seem to be an energetic one ^^ be sure to read the rules before starting your posting streak.
    There are a lot of hackers and game makers in here, just hang out at that section of PC, and they are sure to help you out in anything. Are you a graphics artist too?
    See you around~

☆Stardust☆

Your best friend
    Years
    Welcome, Xaivier!

I have no knowledge in programming, but if you wanna talk about Pokemon, just PM me.

I wish you the best of luck on your Pokemon hack!

Xaivier

Years
    Thanks guys! Nice to meet you all!

Anyways, I meant to post this in the romhack forum o_o it seems to have been moved here, or Im just dumb enough to post it in the wrong forum.

Oh well, Il leave it here.

Once again, thanks for the welcome!

Years
    pokemon hack? sweetz gl dude!
    WELCOME TO PC!
    we're all pretty friendly around here, so if you ever need a good dude to talk to about pokemon, final fantasy or something toss me a PM :)

KaniTheri

The Lopunny Queen
    Years
    Haha, it was probably more suited to the introduction forum, but I'm actually very interested in hacking, myself. I know absolutely nothing about the technical/programming aspect, but spriting is way fun. Also welcome.

Edit: I just noticed you're in Canada--Canadians are awesome. I know that's a stereotype in and of itself, but Canadians by and large seem to be way cool people.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'm liking how new people, such as yourself, actually are putting time into your welcome posts.

lol, were all lazy here...
    Like Fable said and the others, really just read the rules and everything will go smoothely man...

Also, have fun, you will if you stay active...

Oh noes, more canadiens, I think that's like the number one population here. xD Also your into hacking, so emulation should be your place ;D

Well hope you enjoy it man! ;D

- Ryan

Xaivier

Years
    Already been to the emulation forum. Read a few torturials and jumped in head first.

I already started mapping (I enjoy art, and have worked with hacking games before.)

The programs for hacking have come A LONG way since I tryed a year and a half ago.

I might eventually post some art up, if I get any hand-drawn stuff I like scanned. I mostly doodle.

Back