• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A new Cast.. form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • Didn't they say they're having a completely new Isshu Pokedex, which means no old Pokemon? =P Doesn't that mean Castform won't be in the dex, since a new form would still mean Castform's original form, and Castform won't fit in the new Isshu dex?
    xD;
    But I would love a Sandstorm form. And the Fog form for Castform I think is its original form, since in the fog in D/P/Pt, Weather Ball is normal.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Didn't they say they're having a completely new Isshu Pokedex, which means no old Pokemon? =P Doesn't that mean Castform won't be in the dex, since a new form would still mean Castform's original form, and Castform won't fit in the new Isshu dex?
    xD;
    But I would love a Sandstorm form. And the Fog form for Castform I think is its original form, since in the fog in D/P/Pt, Weather Ball is normal.

Please see my larger post earlier. Castform won't be available in Black and White until After you get the National Dex.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    There is no move to make Fog so that one is highly unlikely until they add a move for it.
    I know, but it would be nice to have as new from.
    And a Fog move would be sweet, it would lower the enemy's accuracy every turn automatically.

And the Fog form for Castform I think is its original form, since in the fog in D/P/Pt, Weather Ball is normal.
    I'm OK with that.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I don't think it'd be that strange for a new castform form. Think about DP. Magmortar. It's a new pokemon in gen4 but wasn't available in the main game (pre nat-dex), in fact there was a massive LACK of fire types...

But back on the point, there's no telling what they'll do. They're implementing new things every generation so it's not out of the question.

There's a difference between hail/rain vs sun vs sandstorm
    all are weather but hail/rain are both precipitation, sunny weather in thr result of the earth's exposure to the sun, and sandstorms are caused by wind blowing around dust... (and google sandstorm and it's funny cos the first web page result it bulbapedia. =P)
    anyway my point is that hail/raindance are both different from sunny day so it's not that strange for another different weather effect to get a castform form.

a fog move or form would be interesting. but fog hasn't really been implemented too much in the games. there wasnt many areas in sinnoh to use defog and there haven't been implementations in hgss of it either... i doubt it'll be used but ya never know. =D

sorry if what i said was kinda confusing. XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't think it'd be that strange for a new castform form. Think about DP. Magmortar. It's a new pokemon in gen4 but wasn't available in the main game (pre nat-dex), in fact there was a massive LACK of fire types...

But back on the point, there's no telling what they'll do. They're implementing new things every generation so it's not out of the question.

There's a difference between hail/rain vs sun vs sandstorm
    all are weather but hail/rain are both precipitation, sunny weather in thr result of the earth's exposure to the sun, and sandstorms are caused by wind blowing around dust... (and google sandstorm and it's funny cos the first web page result it bulbapedia. =P)
    anyway my point is that hail/raindance are both different from sunny day so it's not that strange for another different weather effect to get a castform form.

a fog move or form would be interesting. but fog hasn't really been implemented too much in the games. there wasnt many areas in sinnoh to use defog and there haven't been implementations in hgss of it either... i doubt it'll be used but ya never know. =D

sorry if what i said was kinda confusing. XD

Just want to point out that Sunny day's original name was Clear Skies. Basically not actual weather just clear sky with no cloud cover.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • Am I the only one who doesn´t buy the "sandstorm is a natural disaster and no weather" thing? I mean, hail is ALSO a natural disaster.

I think it would be possible to see a new Castform form(lol), because that absolutely does not depend on where you obtain it. Tons of old pokemon will receive move updates(and have in the past) despite not being in the Isshu dex, which proves that not being in local pokedex doesn´t mean "no updates".

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Am I the only one who doesn´t buy the "sandstorm is a natural disaster and no weather" thing? I mean, hail is ALSO a natural disaster.

I think it would be possible to see a new Castform form(lol), because that absolutely does not depend on where you obtain it. Tons of old pokemon will receive move updates(and have in the past) despite not being in the Isshu dex, which proves that not being in local pokedex doesn´t mean "no updates".
    I agree with this, 100%. Let's also recall that Rotom and Giratina obtained new forms in-between games of the same generation, so don't count Castform out quite yet. I'd give it at least a chance, seeing as how GameFreak's been paying attention to some fan requests. They added the new weather monitor, speeding up the battles, so why not adding some new form changes for good old Casty?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this has ever been said already(I haven't really been bothered to cruise around this thread) but isn't Shijika the new Gen V castform? I doubt we'll be having more castform....forms, especially when another Gen V Pokemon does similar things to it, really. D:

I guess you can call Shijika a Shaymin-esque, but at the same time it does have traces of castform in it, too.
    Yeah but Shijika keeps that form for a longer period of time unlike Castform, that's one difference.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • I just think that with this new Weather System, it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce some more castfroms.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I just think that with this new Weather System, it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce some more castfroms.

What weather system exactly. I know I've seen it discussed vaguely here (this forums) but I've never seen an announcement on it on Bulbapedia or on Serebii.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • What weather system exactly. I know I've seen it discussed vaguely here (this forums) but I've never seen an announce
    ment on it on Bulbapedia or on Serebii.

There is going to be a Weather Indecator, so when the weather changes, there will be a small icon or something telling you what weather is on field.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I'm not really surprised about Castform not having a Sandstorm thing because..well..

1. Droughts are actual weather conditions. So Castform has a form for that.
    2. Hail/Snow are actual weather conditions. So Castform has a form for that.
    3. Rain is a an actual weather condition. So Castform has a form for that.
    4. Sandstorms themselves are not actual weather conditions, but they're caused by weather conditions (i.e. windy conditions.)

The fact that Weather Ball turns into rock (or ground, don't remember) in a Sandstorm but Castform doesn't is a huge contradiction on Gamefreak and Nintendo's parts though.

Oh well. Deal with it?

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I honestly doubt that all of a sudden castform likes sandstorms and transforms... I mean, if there were new weather conditions I would believe a new form but not to a pre-existing weater condition.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm not really surprised about Castform not having a Sandstorm thing because..well..

1. Droughts are actual weather conditions. So Castform has a form for that.
    2. Hail/Snow are actual weather conditions. So Castform has a form for that.
    3. Rain is a an actual weather condition. So Castform has a form for that.
    4. Sandstorms themselves are not actual weather conditions, but they're caused by weather conditions (i.e. windy conditions.)

The fact that Weather Ball turns into rock (or ground, don't remember) in a Sandstorm but Castform doesn't is a huge contradiction on Gamefreak and Nintendo's parts though.

Oh well. Deal with it?

Rain and Snow are byproducts of weather conditions just like Sandstorm. Water evaporates due to heat brought by a clear day that eventually cools off and is pushed around by winds until it has collected enough moisture that the cloud then falls apart and it rains. The Wind is already there and the heat is from a sunny day. Snow is rain but in a colder environment.

A sandstorm may just be sand and dust pushed by wind, but that wind has to be created by a depression in that area, and its not just a wind, its called a sand storm because a storm has to pull the sand with it. There is actual weather involved in it. You can have a storm with no rain, snow or sand. All three are also localized.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A wind-based Castform? I like. I can actually sort of imagine that looking something similar to Altaria.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Sandstorm castform is a no for me. Snow is counted as a weather and sandstorms are caused by weather. I know sandstorms are considered weather in the game and there is sandstorm the move, but it still seems very unlikely IMO.

However there is wind which is a possibility. But what move would make it windy? We have hail and rain dance and sunny day, but no windy move.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I honestly think that Castfom is replaced by Shijika and Castform will be forgotten. Castform was good at the time but now they have a new form pokemon that changes through seasons not weather. I think they have just moved on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back