• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Challenger Has Appeared!

GloomyFrost13

Commander of the Almighty Bergmite Army
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Gloomy, (not to be confused with our lord and saviour Goomy), and I've been playing Pokemon for ten years (that is, I got my first game ten years ago. I haven't been playing for ten straight years. Cause that's just crazy).

....Anyhoo, I gotta admit I'm a little dubious about joining another PokeForum - I've tried a couple, and I've found that a lot of competitive players are.... kinda sorta the worst people in existence. Competitive players I've met before have LOVED to tell me exactly how I should be playing the game, and jumping down my throat with unprovoked hate should I deviate from their precious Smogon rules even a little. They seem to think there is only one way to play the game - theirs.
    ...That said, I'm giving this one more chance. But the minute people start throwing Smogon and tiers and Talonflames at me, I'm done.

And with that passive-aggressiveness out of the way... Hi!

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
  • Hi, Dude. Don't Worry about People Bash Ya Around here. We Are Friends here. Though I Know how That Feels. Trust me. :/

Anyways, Nice to meet Ya. The Name's MusicClues. Hope we see each Other Soon!

Years
  • PC isn't like that at all. We're not hugely focused on competitive... and from what I've seen, our competitive players in the Battling & Team Building forum are really nice. I like to breed competitive Pokémon but don't actually battle others or anything haha. To each their own.

Welcome Gloomy. ^^ Hopefully PC will end up being a forum you'll like. Smogon is a totally different type of community with its own type of people, and understandably it's not everyone's cup of tea (wasn't mine, either). Let us know if you need anything and see you around. =)

Years
  • Hi everyone!
    My name is Gloomy, (not to be confused with our lord and saviour Goomy), and I've been playing Pokemon for ten years (that is, I got my first game ten years ago. I haven't been playing for ten straight years. Cause that's just crazy).

....Anyhoo, I gotta admit I'm a little dubious about joining another PokeForum - I've tried a couple, and I've found that a lot of competitive players are.... kinda sorta the worst people in existence. Competitive players I've met before have LOVED to tell me exactly how I should be playing the game, and jumping down my throat with unprovoked hate should I deviate from their precious Smogon rules even a little. They seem to think there is only one way to play the game - theirs.
    ...That said, I'm giving this one more chance. But the minute people start throwing Smogon and tiers and Talonflames at me, I'm done.

Well hello! I'm pretty new here too, but don't let that fool ya, I'm here a lot! Me? I haven't rebooted my competitiveness yet with the new games (haven't beaten them yet) but the only rule I like to follow is no legendaries. That's about it. I don't really like using Legendaries and I find it so satisfying ripping teams that use that strategy to shreds with better tactics and cooler Pokémon!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Hi everyone!

Hey GloomyFrost13, welcome to PC.

Haven't been battling competitively for a while now, busy life, but I can understand where u're coming from.

Don't worry, this is a very friendly community & I'm sure u'll have a good time around here.

Hope to see ya around.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back