• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Game On The Way?

blue

gucci
Years
  • TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement. While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes

(Source: Serebii)

So, what dya think? Do you see a possible R/S remake or a third game to B/W? let's hope so!

Years
  • They probably only denied the creation of a third version of B/W so people wouldn't put off buying them in favor of the third game. It's good marketing; they want B/W to sell as many copies as possible before giving hints of a new game.

I'm actually hoping it's a R/S remake but either way, anything's fine with me. R/S could use some tuning up and B/W was my favorite of the mainstream games, so... <3 I'm going to be excited about whatever's coming up. It's been a year since B/W came out so I think it's about time for news of a new main series game.

Years
  • Probably a third game in the B/W series. They usually do a third game in a series before doing a remake, like how they did Platinum before HGSS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Whilst it still seems too quick to keep rushing into releasing games, if it is what I think it is then the resulting product will probably have had enough time to come out more polished than Black and White did.

Also they don't 'usually' do anything. Of all the (two) remakes we've seen, one of them came out before a revision (FRLG before Emerald) and the other one came out after a revision (HGSS after Plat). There's literally no pattern to follow.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a strong feeling that the new games would be the R/S remakes or the third version of B/W. If not, then it could be a new Mystery Dungeon game or the Gen V version of Battle Revolution.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    When HGSS were announced, Pokémon Sunday had those gold and silver balls. For those who are gonna watch Pokémon Smash, keep a lookout for Junichi Masuda mentioning something about revisiting an old region (or something similar) and/or red & blue balls during the preview for next week's episode, 'cos it might indictate that this new game = R/S remakes.

EDIT:

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can't wait till Sunday now regardless of what iit is, the fact that by the looks of things that a new game is coming gets my hopes up really high and although I shouldn't it still does. The one thing I'm hoping for is an R/S remake and I doubt they would build such suspension for a spin off, it will be a major title most probally and if it is a spin-off it will be another Mystery Dungeon, we not long had Ranger 3.. Either way I think we will find out around Tuesday considering Corocoro has some relation to this which is due to release any day now.
    If its a major title theres slightly more chance of it being the third game to B/W than an R/S remake however saying that like Mega Shock said there is no pattern it could go in any order now, I mean as I've previously said early 2012 marks the 10 year anniversary for Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire so that would fit perfectly assuming they are now going by the 10 year anniversary as they did with HG/SS, because they normally release a game a few months after revealing them so let's just wait one more week, get your speculation caps on.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They announced a Mewtwo event. Yeah, the chances of this being an RS remake is really high.

How does Mewtwo Relate to Ruby and Sapphire? He was from Red, Green, and Blue. owo;;

I checked the Pokemon Main Site and got this:

Broadcasting soon celebrate the first anniversary of "Pokémon Smash!" In the show, the legendary Pokemon "Mewtwo" start planning for the present!
    September 18 (Sunday) at the other TV series - TOKYO 7:30 The "Pokémon Smash!" with each movement Arurashii great! Do not miss!
    ※ Some areas have different broadcast contents broadcast date

and Serebii added two edits:

Edit @ 20:58 BST; The official site's Pokémon Smash site also details this, but doesn't reference Masuda's appearance, but states that "Latest Game Information" is to be revealed. This does not necessarily confirm the above, but leads in the right direction

Edit @ 00:34 BST; Something that may destroy the flames; Pokémon Smash's episode just aired in Japan and mentioned that Mewtwo is to be given away through an event soon with details to be revealed next week. The preview showcased Masuda coming in and showing a sign, blanked out, with a caption saying that there's a revelation of the Present.

Now considering that both the Remakes and the Third are Highly requested....it wouldn't be a shocking announcement for them to say that they are or were working on it. >> It be more shocking for a Spin Off or Side one that allows them to link up. Black and White still doesn't have its Stadium like game yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    If it is a new stadium like game, they should make it on other platforms other than the Wii. If it goes to Xbox 360, the game will get more buyers towards the game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They wouldn't make a remake of a remake it just removes the whole point of the remake itself.

mentioned that Mewtwo is to be given away through an event soon with details to be revealed next week. The preview showcased Masuda coming in and showing a sign, blanked out, with a caption saying that there's a revelation of the Present.

I hope this isn't the announcement.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I seriously doubt Junichi Masuda would show up to reveal a simple Pokemon Event. I highly doubt thats the announcement. There has to be more to it than that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If its an event for a Pokemon that hasn't been officially released, then its possible.

One line kept bothering me in Serebii's quote.

"Something that may destroy the flames" Ok IT MAY be just the new caster for Serebii being dramatic, but there IS a legend in Black and White about a Pokemon that HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED. We already know about it but it doesn't exist as far as official status is concerned.

Though if you try looking at it differently...this passage has way too many meaning.

The "Flames" could be Pokemon Related. They could be related to Fan demand for specific games. Anything really. Something Shocking....Well most shocking news I can think of...No more Pokemon Games...though even I agree that would be stupid. Third Game....Remakes...Those would not be a shocking announcement. Most of the fan base wants them. Hell....They could announce Gen 6's development. That would make people foam at the mouth from shock.

We just have to wait for Coro Coro if it is a game announcement IF GameFreak sends in a column.

EDIT: Forgot about this passage on the Blank Board:
    " there's a revelation of the Present"

Revelations...They bring Changes. Present. Current Generation is 5. So a Change to Generation 5. This does not mean Grey as that would not be a Change. Really all I can see possible from this is Additions to older information. Like Lock Capsule. Adding in the three Missing Pokemon. There is just way too much missing to come to a solid conclusion.

Back