• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Game On The Way?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I seriously doubt Junichi Masuda would show up to reveal a simple Pokemon Event. I highly doubt thats the announcement. There has to be more to it than that.
    Yet such a thing happened with the spiked-ear Pichu event obtained via the shiny pichu event from the movies a couple of years ago iirc (basically - for a few days it was 'WHAT NEW POKEMON WILL YOU SEE IN THE MOVIE!? IT'S OBSCURED BY THIS BLACK QUESTION MARK IN A CIRCLE!!! FIND OUT NEXT WEEK!', and the following week it was revealed that it was CANCER PICHU!') - it was hyped similarly to this but that was all the announcement was about. Remember, Pokemon is more popular in Japan so it's not that out of place for there.

How does Mewtwo Relate to Ruby and Sapphire? He was from Red, Green, and Blue. owo;;
    He was being sarcastic, I think. =p

IMO - if it is a game, it would be likely an announcemnt for a spin off game. The next Game Freak game you're more likely to see out by next september in Japan, and on western shores the following year.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We just have to wait for Coro Coro if it is a game announcement IF GameFreak sends in a column.

Speaking of which, Coro Coro is usually released on the 15th, with scan leaks on the 11th. So expect scans within the next few hours.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Can't wait o see what the announcement is. Hoping for Emerald remake (though it was 10 fold beetter than R/S) but any new game would be awesome. I think its a little too early for Pokemon B/W's thrid game to come out as Platinum and Emerald were realeased 2 YEARS after the first two games came out so i don't think we'll be seeing "Grey" for awhile.

Dumb question but is the Mewtwo event for the Main series or Smash?

Years
  • I honestly don't see it being a B/W remake since announcing it a year after the first versions' release seems a tad early, so I'm hoping it's a remake myself. Might be a spin-off game, in which case my interest will dissolve instantly since I don't play them at all Q_Q; Anyways, I be excited.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yet such a thing happened with the spiked-ear Pichu event obtained via the shiny pichu event from the movies a couple of years ago iirc (basically - for a few days it was 'WHAT NEW POKEMON WILL YOU SEE IN THE MOVIE!? IT'S OBSCURED BY THIS BLACK QUESTION MARK IN A CIRCLE!!! FIND OUT NEXT WEEK!', and the following week it was revealed that it was CANCER PICHU!') - it was hyped similarly to this but that was all the announcement was about. Remember, Pokemon is more popular in Japan so it's not that out of place for there.

He was being sarcastic, I think. =p

IMO - if it is a game, it would be likely an announcemnt for a spin off game. The next Game Freak game you're more likely to see out by next september in Japan, and on western shores the following year.

I never knew about the Pichu announcement....Seeing as basically there appears to be a New Movie for Mewtwo coming out...it could be exactly that. Still want another Wii Stadium title for Black and White.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Hoping it's a sequel too Colosseum and XD for the Wii U. But this announcement would come to fruition in a long long time if that were the case. I don't know why they would throw the word "shocking" around if it was a Spin Off. I know I am personally not shocked or in awe about Spinoffs, even if they did do a sequel to the two aforementioned games. It's shocking cause it's going to be a remake of Yellow ;).

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • It's way too early for "Grey", if that was the announcement I probably wouldn't buy the game.
    On the side of R/S remakes, I would so buy that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Mystery Dungeon for B/W though.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Hoping it's a sequel too Colosseum and XD for the Wii U.

I hope it's also a spin off, hopefully what you stated, an XD sequel. I don't know why a lot of people disliked them, but C and XD were some of my favorite Gamecube games. I hope that it isn't just on a Wii type version though, they could just as well add it to the 3ds also(would make me really happy and would still be a shock, considering how long ago XD was).

I don't see what everyone's problems with spin off games are, though, I love some of them(Mystery Dungeons, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, Main Series games are the absolute best imo as well, but wouldn't you want them to get a spin off out of the way now to buy them more time to make what we want, RS remakes and the third version of BW, the very best they could be? I mean obviously BW was rushed and tbh I think the RS remakes would be much better off being released on the 3ds(still being compatible with the Ds, so to help with the other versions' pokemon).

Just think how much more amazing the games could be if we would be a little more patient.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I hope its R/S/E remake. Or very different spin-offs than ever before. Pokemon that similar to the main game but for console? I might end buy Wii U if they really create one.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I highly doubt it is something close to a Third B/W game. For many reasons I don't want to mention. Even though R/S/E was not My very top Gen of all, I still anticipate its remake. The game was good and I'd like to see it get the same Spotlight as HG/SS.

As long as the announcement is a new Pokemon DS (or 3DS) console game, I am happy. I am not a huge fan of the Spin-offs but I do respect your opinions on liking it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Either R/S Remake or the 3rd B/W game. I can't see it being anything else.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really want it to be an R/S remake, that's the most plausable outcome currently that is, if it's a game either that or a new Mystery Dungeon expansion.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    A new Gen III remake could be good, but personally I'd like to see them remake the Yellow, Crystal, etc games. That'd be pretty cool, especially if they kept the Pikachu theme in yellow and maybe made Gary's starter (Eevee) a choice too? More Mystery Dungeon games would be good too!

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • Yeah, I think it's either an RSE remake or a spinoff, probably a new Mystery Dungeon. But, if Masuda, who I hear is very important in terms of the Pokemon games, is making an appearance, it may just be an RSE remake.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • If it has Pokemon Battles in it, is available to the 3DS/DS consoles, then I'm interested! lol
    But really I hope it is an R/S/E Remake...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I hate it when people say it is too early for another main game. It has been about a year. Crystal came out about a year after GS. RS 10th aniv is coming next year. Geez just because they announce a main game doesn't mean it comes out the day it's announced, it takes time to make the games. If it is a new main game we won't see it in stores for another 4-5 months. And for people saying it won't be remakes because Grey isn't out yet, look back in 3rd gen FRLG came before Emerald.

(Lugia)

Flying Until I Find The One.
    Years
  • I really hope there is going to be a remake. I am just going to love the fact that there is going to be 4th and 5th Gen pokemon in 3rd Gen. I love remakes. <3

Back