• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Game On The Way?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I hate it when people say it is too early for another main game. It has been about a year. Crystal came out about a year after GS. RS 10th aniv is coming next year. Geez just because they announce a main game doesn't mean it comes out the day it's announced, it takes time to make the games. If it is a new main game we won't see it in stores for another 4-5 months. And for people saying it won't be remakes because Grey isn't out yet, look back in 3rd gen FRLG came before Emerald.

Then Platinum came out before Heartgold/Soulsilver, so we don't really have a way of knowing at this point. Even if we do get a spin off, as long as it's good, I wouldn't complain.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    I hate it when people say it is too early for another main game. It has been about a year. Crystal came out about a year after GS. RS 10th aniv is coming next year. Geez just because they announce a main game doesn't mean it comes out the day it's announced, it takes time to make the games. If it is a new main game we won't see it in stores for another 4-5 months. And for people saying it won't be remakes because Grey isn't out yet, look back in 3rd gen FRLG came before Emerald.

All they have to do is confirm it and I'm sold. :D

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    my remake theory would be a new pokemon dash game.....

now to be serious, i hope that its ruby and sapphire remake, i loved that generation, but i wouldnt hate to see an XD sequal.

Years
  • Like most people think, I too think it is possibly a remake of R/S/E, but I'm also hoping it's a new Mystery Dungeon game (considering I enjoyed both of the previous MD games).

It could be anything, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with a new region.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I hate it when people say it is too early for another main game. It has been about a year. Crystal came out about a year after GS. RS 10th aniv is coming next year. Geez just because they announce a main game doesn't mean it comes out the day it's announced, it takes time to make the games. If it is a new main game we won't see it in stores for another 4-5 months. And for people saying it won't be remakes because Grey isn't out yet, look back in 3rd gen FRLG came before Emerald.
    It's not too early, and normally patterns shouldn't be relied upon too much, but given the trend of releasing the main Pokemon games around September for Japan in the last five years and around March-May the following year in the western world, and that they're need/likely take well over a month for advertising/etc for the game, I don't see it as being likely we'll see Gray/RS remakes right now. Besides - there was a two year gap between DP and Platinum, so a year is not too long a gap there for Game Freak games. I'm inclined to think they'll stick to that pattern - maybe they won't but I don't see reason for them to change it now. Furthermore, given the noticeable rushed bits in B/W and the fact the team reportedly split in two to get Platinum, HGSS and B/W out in three years it's quite possibly they're joined back up and/or are taking some time to make the next batch of games. Anyways, there's my reasoning for saying why it may not be a game freak game. =p Note - there's a lot of other possibilities for a spin-off Pokemon game, and announcements just for a Pokemon event like this have happened before too.

Also - it can be remakes, and it may not be rs remakes. Firstly - they may not happen at all, which is a possibility (not one I believe will necessarily happen, but all the same... let's not get too caught up about it). Secondly - Platinum came before HGSS - the 'third' game before the remake - so there's no established pattern in that either - just shows that it could be either a remake or Gray. (Mind you that also means nobody should be saying 'the next game freak game will be Gray!', and knowing how expectations of the majority of Pokemon fans tend to turn out wrong though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was neither. ;p)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think they want us to expect the unexpected with either an R/S remake or a third game. There's been enough events over the past few months for B/W so I highly doubt it will be an event and the Mewtwo will be linked into the game that will be revealed I think. I'm 60% sure it's going to be a Mystery Dungeon considering the last version of that was a while back, with Ranger it was at the end of 2010 so it's too early for a 4th expansion to that. Either that or an R/S remake because it fits perfectly into the 10 year anniversary slot or finally it could be a third game because it may be too early but no-one knows how it's going now do they? theres no official pattern to the release of games and the order they are released if you look at the time line over the past 10 years so I'm unsure.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Personally? I'm hoping for a (better) battle sim game, only with a story this time unlike PBR.

Not that unlikely given Genius Sonority, the company who made the last three Pokemon home console games using the main game mechanics are still around and have had nothing to do since the Pokemon typing game, and there's those 3DS Pokedex models as well that could be easily used... but we shall see!

I suggest not getting your hopes up because if it's something you wanted then you're pleasantly surprised, and if it isn't then you're not so disappointed unless you were expecting it. If pre-Pokemon announcements have taught me one thing it is to expect the unexpected/don't assume too much (various non-announcements anticipated to be the GSC remakes at the time turning out not to be the case, the previous 'amazing new game' ending up to be a Battrio set, the fact when Platinum was announced it wasn't called Opal...), bar the case when Pokemon Sunday was jumping up and down with gold and silver celebrations and all in which case it was a bit too obvious. =p

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • Personally? I'm hoping for a (better) battle sim game, only with a story this time unlike PBR.

Not that unlikely given Genius Sonority, the company who made the last three Pokemon home console games using the main game mechanics are still around and have had nothing to do since the Pokemon typing game, and there's those 3DS Pokedex models as well that could be easily used... but we shall see!

I suggest not getting your hopes up because if it's something you wanted then you're pleasantly surprised, and if it isn't then you're not so disappointed unless you were expecting it. If pre-Pokemon announcements have taught me one thing it is to expect the unexpected/don't assume too much (various non-announcements anticipated to be the GSC remakes at the time turning out not to be the case, the previous 'amazing new game' ending up to be a Battrio set, the fact when Platinum was announced it wasn't called Opal...), bar the case when Pokemon Sunday was jumping up and down with gold and silver celebrations and all in which case it was a bit too obvious. =p
    very true.
    after hearing this i immediately came to the conclusion that it would be a wii game seeing as iwata mentioning that a pokemon wii game was on its way earlier this year, yet we still haven't seen anything for it. but seeing as no one has mentioned it i'm assuming that that plans must have changed. if they haven't, then i definatelly expect a wii game considering the wii u is supposedly coming out next year.
    as to what the game would be, i have no idea. as long as its something that has a decent amount of content unlike pbr, i'm sure it will be great.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ahahahahaha.

You guys should check serebii.net

The first details from CoroCoro have started coming and have revealed the new game. This game is called PokéPark 2 Beyond the World and is the sequel to the Wii game; PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure. It is not currently known what format the game is to be released on.
    So much for a RS remake, eh? =p As I said, don't get those expectations up. =p

As for Mewtwo, it's a Japanese Wifi event, with the usual ability of Pressure to boot. How exciting. -_-

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would like to see a Pokemon Colosseum/XD type of game for the Wii as I enjoyed them both, specifically Colosseum.

Ahahahahaha.

You guys should check serebii.net

So much for a RS remake, eh? =p As I said, don't get those expectations up. =p

As for Mewtwo, it's a Japanese Wifi event, with the usual ability of Pressure to boot. How exciting. -_-

It's not on Serebii for me but I'll take your word for it

That's a slight disappointment.. I did like Pokepark but I was expecting something more exciting, ah well.. maybe next year!

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Poképark isn't a main series game, it's a spinoff. Speaking of which, I don't understand why Junichi Masuda would announce a spinoff, considering that he's the Director of the main series games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There might be more to it, like Pyrax said, I doubt HE would announce a game like that, they built lots of anticipation up for next week and it seems like too much just for a Pokepark sequel, I think there's COULD be more to come.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Refresh serebii.net then, shows up for me.

And... unlikely imo. A whole new game that evidently sold well enough in japan to get a sequel so soon on top of the wifi event announcement is plenty to have him on the show for. He was on Pokemon Sunday before just to talk about the notched-ear pichu iirc anyways. Besides, how much 'attention' should have been given to this outside of the show saying 'Next week on the show!' and a blurb on the site/coro coro? =/ That's not much at all - what is much is the unnecessary hype us fans give it. =p

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh yay~ I just started Playing Pokepark Wii~ Its fun and not one I expected to have a sequel. If CoroCoro is talking about it it seems pretty apparent that that is the game that Pokemon Smash is gunna talk about.

Like I said it would have to be something no one talked about.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    There might be more to it, like Pyrax said, I doubt HE would announce a game like that, they built lots of anticipation up for next week and it seems like too much just for a Pokepark sequel, I think there's COULD be more to come.

Seems weird to me as well but I guess we'll have to wait to see if anything else is revealed.

Tbh, in a way, I'm happy that it wasn't RS remakes or Gray that were revealed, yet. That would mean that they are planned for later which means more time put into making them the amazing games they should be(if they both are even made).

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I wasn't expecting the new games to be R/S remakes or the third game in B/W. Personally, I was expecting something Pokemon, but completely different in a way.

There might be more to it, like Pyrax said, I doubt HE would announce a game like that, they built lots of anticipation up for next week and it seems like too much just for a Pokepark sequel, I think there's COULD be more to come.

Hopefully the announcement on Smash is worth being called a "massive shock". If the mystery game actually ends up being the PokePark sequel... then I guess you could still call it a "massive shock" as well.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Seems weird to me as well but I guess we'll have to wait to see if anything else is revealed.

Tbh, in a way, I'm happy that it wasn't RS remakes or Gray that were revealed, yet. That would mean that they are planned for later which means more time put into making them the amazing games they should be(if they both are even made).

That's a good point, I'd rather have time and effort put in to an awesome game especially if it's an R/S remake than have it rushed, it will be worth the wait when it eventually gets announced, my estimate early 2012.

Back