• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new hobby.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
  • Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Please move it if it isn't. Thank you.

Today, while I was sitting at my computer, I realized something. I really need a new hobby. Pokemon is getting kind of dull to me. Playing through Platinum's storyline 10 times really isn't all too exciting.

Are there any other cool things that you other members like and think I should try out? Any cool online RPGs you play. I used to play Runescape and that is my number one choice as of right now. Any sweet Wii or Nintendo DS games that aren't related to Pokemon that you think are cool?

I was also thinking about something else. I'll be honest, I'm not the most social person on Earth, and I'd like to change my image over the summer so I can be more 'popular'. Being called weird every day by a gay kid named Patrick isn't really what I want to go through everyday next school year.

What do you think?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well, I've gone through a few hobbies that I enjoyed. lol

I spent about $80 on a chicken coup, and I actually raised my own chickens for a summer. A farmer near me lent me four hens to raise, and to take their eggs for myself each morning. This is two years ago, and I really enjoyed it all. ( It's alot more fun than you'd think ).

Now as for Runescape, I can connect with you on that regard. I used to play that game all the time.

Also, as far as computers go, you can try a hand at learning a programming language or learning how to make 3D models.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Have you tried World of Warcraft or Guild Wars? My current game, Counter Strike: Source, is getting kind of old and I'm about to download World of Warcraft and start on a Human Priest.

World of Warcraft is just going to get back into MMORPG games until Aion comes out. <3

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • well, the Conduit is coming out this June for the wii, that's the perfect non-pokemon game!

If your looking for an MMO, i'de go with runescape or WoW, depending on what your willing to pay and your computer.

Other things, well I keep leopard geckos. those are an excellent hobby, especially trying to breed them, granted, they aren't all that fun to watch most of the time.

You could go fishing, that's always fun depending on where you live. Learn how to shoot a gun, that's fun if where you live permits it.

Disc golf!

Or better yet, get a job! then you get money AND kill time!

That's all I can think of!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Reading FTW! You could also try airsoft or paintball.

As for mumorpuguhs, I just started playing Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst. It's a little complicated to get into and most of the players speak Spanish, but it's totally free and the combat's a little more fun than conventional turn-based (in my opinion) because it's real-time.

Other things, well I keep leopard geckos. those are an excellent hobby, especially trying to breed them, granted, they aren't all that fun to watch most of the time.
    Kinda fun to hold, though, if they'll let you. I was lucky enough to inherit an absolute sweetheart from some people that moved away from our neighborhood and couldn't keep her.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Something I'm really into right now is Age of Mythology. I love online strategy games. Reading is good too, so long as you can find a book or comic that captures your attention. And yeah, Geckos are cool.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • If you want to change your image, and try to be more 'popular', then try to be more physical or active as possible, but if this bothers you, then back out. It's best to be yourself than an image.

I used to play Halo, Call of Duty, and God of War with my friends before getting bored of it. Maybe you should play games like that. Those games are generally popular to everybody.

Oh, and try to get a group of friends who would always be there for you. Even if you and your friends are not liked by a lot of people, each one of you would always be there to pick each other up.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • While a lot of people would tell you to "get out more," that just has a really fuzzy definition... Instead, just spend some more time with your friends. You don't really need to change your image, just as long as it's something you're comfortable with.

And for an online RPG... Stick with World of Warcraft. Just remember that you'll have to pay for it every month, which can be a turn-off. Aside from that, it's enjoyable at times. For other games, you might find Team Fortress 2 fun. There's no monthly charge, and aside from being fast-paced, it's hilarious, whether it's the asinine dialogue or the people playing (often times both ;) ).

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Truthfully, I second that you try go learn programming. It can actually be quite fun and challenging at times. Start off with VB.net or Visual Basic. I'm not gonna recommend you to start off with either '05 or '08. I started with '08 and never tried '05, so I can't really make a final decision on what you can start off with.

Then once you get the hang of VB, go with C or C++. Java or Perl is fine as well, but the syntax might vary a little.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • A hobby... Mario games arent half bad, and Zelda games are awesome. :D. If youre into sport, try indoor soccer, if not, well, tery to ignore that gay little kid, if you can't, just whack him one. xD.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • There is soo much you can do I can't even begin!

But I think maybe you can try learning something new! Like it can be anything from sewing, to a new language~ I think that'd be great!

Or write a story, draw some pictures!

And by the way, you really shouldn't care what people say. If he wants to call you weird, just say "Thanks."
    Personally, I like being weird. It means I'm me. I'm different, and I'm not some sort of carbon copy barbie. I love anime and videogames. I'm a girl who likes games and reptiles and things, and I'm proud of it. You should be, too. And tell that kid to become more cultural.

Years
  • Do some exercise. Drink more water, run a good 20 minutes a day.

I assure you... you'll feel much healthier. And you'll be healthier. And when the body is sane, your mind is more relaxed and reactive. With that, you'll be in a better mood, and all of this will make you look much better already. Any other change to your appearance could come next and could look the best.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I usually took care of my garden everyday, in case there's slugs and mealy bugs. Plus, I exercise after that, 2 kms per day. Then I'll go to my room and turn on the PC.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I don't really have a hobby, just stuff I like and do frequently.
    Umm, I exercise a lot. It's fun.
    I like to run barefoot in my garden and water/weed things. Taking care of something is really rewarding, be it a plant or animal.
    Reading maybe? Or is that too boring?
    Drawing is nice too. Maybe you could try that? :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Music and games. i.e. Britney Spears and Trauma Center on DS. Britney Spears' music is really awesome, and Trauma Center is a really good game to play. Buy it if you want.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • To all that suggested WoW, I've tried it before. I really don't think it's all that fun and the monthly fee of 15 dollars is a turnoff.

And honestly, I wish I could just whack that little gaybo, but if I do I'll get suspended and kicked out of my 8th grade graduation, I don't think I want to repeat a grade just because some stupid little kid thinks he's all cool.

My top 3 choices are:
    RuneScape
    Computer Programming
    'Getting out more'

Back