• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a new protaganist?

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
  • I highly doubt it, there are always so many random rumours on the internet. I wouldn't mind not seeing Ash anymore, but Team Rocket would follow and I don't want that to happen!

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • It'd be dumb to get rid of Naruto in Naruto, Luffy in One Piece or general stupidity in Lucky Star. Getting rid of Ash is the same principle- these characters are to their series as Mario is to Nintendo. Ash is the hallmark character, and the writers won't be making creative risks any time soon.

Besides, he's still very popular. He comes on top time and time again in various official and unofficial polls. They're not getting rid of him- EVER.

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • I actually think ash is cool,but I wouldn't want him to go hypothetically get his chance to retire until he wins a league championship. :D

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I actually think ash is cool,but I wouldn't want him to go hypothetically get his chance to retire until he wins a league championship. :D

Ash is boring, but overall, I don't have an issue with Ash. I too, want him to win a league championship. Too bad they like to reset him.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Gosh yes. Ash is the main reason why I depise the anime so much. Watching Best Wishes, he arrives in Uouva and apparently loses the ability to battle?

Time for change I say!

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • No.

My personal opinion is that nothing would actually change. You'd get some other noob trainer at the start who eventually does well in the championship tournament only to forget everything and revert back to the status of noob when he starts another region. I mean that's unless they change the main protaganist at the end of every region (then that'll be too much change and people would be moaning about that). It's a problem with the nature of the show, not the charachters.

I would definately stop watching the show if Ash left. As I've said I don't enjoy the show on a intellectual or dramatic level - the only reason I watch is to find out what happens to that young trainer I first met 11 years ago. He's an ambassador of the show and he means a lot to a lot of fans.

Either way there would be people complaining about the show if Ash did leave and a new guy (assuming a male, don't know why I'm being sexist) came in, "he's does't do this", "Ash used to do things this way", "He's boring" etc etc. It's a no win for the writers.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time". John Lydgate

Last edited:

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I'd love a new protagonist. I hate Ash. And his personality is so bland. A select few of his pokemon are the only things he has going for him.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I would be estatic if they chose a new protagonist.

I mean, there are so many leagues a 10 year old can lose before one loses interest..

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • we coAsh is boring to me. Simply cause as said before he gets reset all the time. I mean sure he likes the Challange but why is Pikachu who has been through Kanto, Orange Islands (Taking out a Dragonite here), Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, Sinnoh and now he is in Unova losing to a lv 5 Snivy who a trainer had just gotten. Ash should at least keep some powers he had before a new region. We all know Pikachu didn't get reset Attack wise.

Maybe we could get a spin-off (Pokemon Special anyone?)

Back