• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Newbie Comes to Town.

Years
    Edit: Oops, I accidentally pushed the Post button before I finished what I wanted to say. Not a good way for a newbie to start her experience here, huh?

I'm Blazing Shadows. I'm a female teenaged gamer who plays Pokemon (obviously), but I'm not one to play online competitively.

Also, PLEASE excuse any thing you may find awkward. I can be strange at times and may post stupid topics with stupid questions to what should be obvious.

Thanks for reading!

- Blazing Shadows

Last edited:

TY

Would you mind telling a bit about yourself so we can get to know you a bit and direct you to forum sections you may like?

Anyways be sure to read the rules, last thing we want is a new person getting a infraction
    Also if you have trouble, dont hesitate and ask a moderator for help.

Have fun here and i hope to see you around!
    Also drop a friend request if you want, and if you wanna talk VM/PM me ^_^

-ShadowE

Years
    Hey there Blazing Shadows, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Yeah, please do tell us a little more about yourself, particularly any interest you may have or the motivation behind you coming to our nice community here! Here at PC, we have lots to offer in terms of Pokémon! We have discussions on the anime, the manga, and sections devoted to each generation of the games! We also have an art gallery, a roleplay corner, and a section for ROM hacking if you're into any of that! And we also have a battle center to boost your skills, a challenges section (eg Nuzlocke) and even a trade corner where you can trade with other members here on PC! And towards the bottom we have off-topic discussions such as entertainment, video games, technology, chit chat, and fandom clubs, and even forum games! So be sure to check out any of these areas you may find comfortable in posting! n_n

As a reminder, though, please be sure to look at the rules, so that you do not wind up getting into trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction simply by repeatedly breaking rules, and I'm sure you do not want that to happen and I have my hopes that you won't break any rules at all ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting anyone around here on staff. They are the users with the bold usernames and they are the most helpful resource we have here! They would also be more than glad to help you out whenever you may need them! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Blazing Shadows! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Years
    Hi there and welcome to PC ^_^

Would you mind telling a bit about yourself so we can get to know you a bit and direct you to forum sections you may like?

Anyways be sure to read the rules, last thing we want is a new person getting a infraction
    Also if you have trouble, dont hesitate and ask a moderator for help.

Have fun here and i hope to see you around!
    Also drop a friend request if you want, and if you wanna talk VM/PM me ^_^

-ShadowE

I'm not one to randomly friend people right away. I rather get to know people first.

More Stuff About Myself:

1) I like to do solo runs using my starter in the games, but like to try monotype later. I'm not a huge fan of Nuzlockes.
    2) I've registered at Serebii once. Although I like Serebii for their news, I'm not a fan of their forums. Same can be said for *ugh* Gamefaqs. The only forums I find decent seem to be Neoseeker' s and these forums.
    3) Other games I like aside from the Pokemon Main Series games: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (but not Gates to Infinty), Super Smash Bros., and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
    4) I don't know if I'll get hate for this sort of thing, but I'm a pegasister (Ya know, it's a My Little Pony thing).
    5) I like numbering things. Just my way of organization, I guess.

I admit I'm not the biggest Nuzlocke fan either.. they never appealed to me so I never even tried them out. I really prefer challenges like monotype/monocolor and especially unevolved challenges, since you have an excuse to keep the Pokemon small and cute, hehe. Looks like our lovely Challenges board is calling your name! Be sure to check that out and involve yourself in some of the existing challenges. You're always allowed to post your own as well, of course, so take advantage of that if you don't see any up that you'd really like to dive into. :) Welcome to the forum!

And naww, you won't get hate for being an MLP fan. In fact we have a very big club dedicated to it in our Clubs & Groups board, so that's another awesome little board to check out. There are some other lovely clubs over there as well so digging around and getting involved in more of them is always worthwhile. But ahh I totally know what you mean about those other forums.. I tried Serebii but the sole fact that you couldn't even have a custom avatar was just so off-putting. I like being able to use my own icons rather than pre-made Pokemon ones from the official games or anime. :( So yay, PC is precious in that regard! Haven't found another forum that I enjoyed more than this one. Hopefully your experience around here will be better than at those other places, right?

Stinks you don't like Gates to Infinity; sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that does. People have said it's different from the other PMD games but I never really played those for more than ten minutes. Maybe I should to get a sense of the how the style of the PMD people know and love is!

Anyways, have an amazing time on the forum, all right? Hope you make plenty of amazing friends and end up sticking around. :D; I'm always here if you need help and no worries if you'd rather talk to people first before friending 'em. That's quite understandable. See you around!

Back