• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    This challenge is somewhat different from others. The point of this challenge is to see how much money can be earned before the endgame (ie. Elite Four in the Kanto games, Red in the Johto games, Stephen in the Hoenn games, Elite Four in the Sinnoh games, and Alder in the Unova games). However, in B/W it is possible to get you to seven digits of cash, so for those B/W players you can stop after you get $999,99 (or go farther if you want).

Now, the rules stated next are not mandatory, but are highly recommended to get the maximum amount of money.
    • No money should be spent on pokeballs or potions. Thats what pokemon centers and your startes are for.
    • Try catching a Meowth early on in the game (This is the one time I recommend spending money on a pokeball. Meowth's Pay Day is invaluable) However, if the game does not have Meowth, you can trade the Meowth in after you beat the second gym.
    • Give your pokemon either the Amulet Coin or Luck Incense.
    These rules are MANDATORY.
    • You cannot use the V.S. Seeker
    • If you lose any money as a result of losing a battle (for those games that do this) you have lost the challenge. :(
    • Any money you spend (other than for buying the needed # of pokeballs to catch Meowth. This does NOT include money spent to catch a pokemon that will be traded to a Meowth. Use a pokemon given to you) will cause you to fail the challenge.

Notes: Emulaters are allowed (as are hacks). However, hacking or trading in pokemon is not allowed.

Application Form:
    Name:
    Game:
    Date of Application:
    Comments:

My Application:
    ledzepization
    Crystal
    Feb. 28 2012
    This challenge looks fun...

Challengers:
    Rafael

Ultimate Run Challengers:
    Blissy

Really Rich People (Challengers):

Well get to it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Name: Rafael
    Game: Emerald
    Date of Application: 2/29/12
    Comments: Love to try :P

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Name: Kobora (On forums, I perfer Blissy)
    Game: LeafGreen, Crystal, Sapphire, Light Platinum (The only Gen 4 related game I have), White
    Date of Application: 3/4/13
    Comments: This is an ultimate run. I'm going to do these games one at a time. All but White are emulators.

Back