• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A pokemon Live action Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • LOL, the Pokemon look SO fake! XD
    But if it turns out to be real (which I'm SO positive that it won't), I'll just watch it on the computer for laughs. No way am I going in a public theater to watch this. O_O

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Make the pokemon seem realistic without blatantly telling this is CGI and I would watch it.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • aw i was about to post this xD
    anyways I have ALWAYS hoped for a live action pokemon movie
    the pokemon seem a little weird (but better then those fake trailers that use clips out of movies and games DX)
    but their seems to be quite allot of shooting and exploding and yea to be pokemon. if this is fake, then they dont have a life

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • I often follow the good games make bad films and good films make bad games rule and the Pokemon do look fake, but overall I'd quite like to see this, it reminds of the Super Smash Bros. series "There Will Be Brawl" as it takes something thats usually quite nice and happy and makes it delightfully dark =D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but that trailer looks terrible. >:[

It's likely fake anyways. such a thing would never be profitable in the U.S. XD

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • I really doubt the trailer is real. Pokemon is supposed to be kid friendly, and Pokemon also belongs to Nintendo, which is (usually >>) kid friendly.

I doubt they would allow someone to make a Pokemon movie with guns, explosions, and the like in it.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • No. NO. And: NO!

That Dragonball movie is the perfect example of why you don't make a low-budget live action movie. >_<

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Is anyone gonna post the actual article?
    Here's the info you need to know about the clip:

https://shogungamer.com/news/live-action-gr...gamer-exclusive
    Late last night we received an email via our site contact form including a link to a SendSpace.com account containing a password protected zip file. The password we were provided was "gottacatchemall" and the zip file was named "pokemon_live_action_screener.zip".

At this point we assumed I was about to download a Trojan virus, or something ridiculously awesome. Fortunately it wasn't a Trojan. We'll let you decide what you make of it.

The email we recieved read: [NOTE - We published the senders email because it doesn't seem to work and we assume it's fake or closed]
    Subject: [News Tip] Pokemon Live Action Movie Trailer Cam
    Date: September 14, 2010 1:59:19 AM PDT (CA)

Professor Oak sent a message using the contact form at https://www.shogungamer.com/contact.

I've been lurking this site for a while and I wanted to see if you were interested in posting this video I captured tonight. Today after work my friend and I were invited to view a "secret movie trailer screening." We were not told what it would be, but when I got there 30 other people and myself were shown a trailer for a Pokemon live action movie. It was super sketchy but I decided to record the last 30 seconds or so of the trailer which was about 3 min long. The clip is in a zip file and the password is "gottacatchemall." I can't give you much more detail then this. I wasn't supposed to film this, but holy shoot it was awesome. I'll be in touch with you guys when I can talk more about it.

[SendSpace.com URL Removed]

~Professor Oak
    We attempted to contact the user, but the email provided was obviously fake. Our emails just bounce back and Google searches turned up nothing.

From what we can see, this trailer is pretty well done. I'm sure hard core Poke-nuts will get their panties in a knot over a live adaption. But, I never liked the cartoon. I might go check this out. Let us know what you think.

We have no idea who is behind it, if it's studio funded or just a pitch like the recent Mortal Kombat reboot. There's not really much else we can say, simply because we don't know yet. We'll keep you posted if we are contacted again.

So with that being said, here's a world exclusive look at a mysterious Pokemon live action movie trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUD7thPctQ

Ayselipera

That Dragonball movie is the perfect example of why you don't make a low-budget live action movie. >_<

That's the first thing that came to my mind after watching this trailer. :D

I'd love to see a good live action movie of Pokemon. Unfortunately that trailer looks awful. Which leads to me praying that it's not real. I just hate to see a book/game/show that I really like being turned into a terrible movie just to make money. I can be a little too passionate about movies at times, but it really bothers me when a fairly good form of entertainment is taken and then turned into a horrible movie just for a decent profit. If you're going to take the time and the effort to make the movie in the first place then why can't you just try to make it somewhat enjoyable. It's honestly the biggest slap in the face to some fans who have been with Pokemon for years.

:3 rant/over.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I have never seen or heard of a good live action adaptation of a video game or animated series. Dragonball was horrible, Last Airbender was horrible, etc, etc. With those, all you needed was the magical blasts of awesome live-actionified.

You can't live-actionify Pokemon.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Hey, guys, this topic has alread been made.. in the right section, too. So why don't you head over there and continue the discussion?

Oh, that feels good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back