• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Remember that building in Hearthrome that resembles a church?

Are the people there worshipping legendary Pokemon? Or maybe Arceus who some consider the PokeGod.

Last edited:

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    You may have a point.[.. They generally do speak of Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus as deitys...

Years
    maybe it's a conspiracy......but c'mon you could walk in their (hypothetically) and they tell you "we worship Arceus (or any other legend)" and they you can just say, "oh, this dude?" and hold a Pokeball with their god inside...it'd be sorta funny. o.o

Years
    maybe it's a conspiracy......but c'mon you could walk in their (hypothetically) and they tell you "we worship Arceus (or any other legend)" and they you can just say, "oh, this dude?" and hold a Pokeball with their god inside...it'd be sorta funny. o.o

That was a little hard to understand, but when I got it that's pretty funny. xD;;

I always did wonder about that Church building. :o It was pretty.
    I guess they may worship some type of deity, and I can only think it's a pokemon.

Years
    It's technically not a church.
    Yes, it looks and seems like a church, but the name it is given in JP is Foreign Culture Building. .-.;

So, yeah. There definitely is religion in Sinnoh, they just don't emphasize it much ingame because it might cause unnecessary controversy.

Years
    It's technically not a church.
    Yes, it looks and seems like a church, but the name it is given in JP is Foreign Culture Building. .-.;

That...sounds like it'd be some kind of embassy or welcome center. xD
    I guess it is just dodging around unnecessary conflict.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    I thought something weird was up with that place. xD

Game Freak hides it well, though. "Foreign Culture Building" is not a name that suggests a religion. </captainobvious>

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I've thought about this a few times. Surely they have religions if they have god Pokemon.

Would that mean that some people think Mew is god, and some people think Arceus is god?

Years
    Isn't Arceus just the creator of Pokemon? Not people? It's only creation of what's in the game, not real life. (Some people may think that Pokemon is creating beliefs for kids to follow.) It's just a game thing. (I like that building because it's the only one without music playing. It allows you to hear the chimes of the gym badges when you tap them.)

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Just imagine a Pokejihad... Followers of Palkia vs. Followers of Dialga!

Ayselipera

I figured it was along the lines of being a church.
    I don't know, its just pointless I don't even go in it anymore.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    He shaped the universe with OVER 999 arms 8O
    guess thats reason for poke-civilians probably worship the thing

though its not exactly a church, thats what i thought when i first saw it 8O

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    We also know people in the Pokemon world believe in an afterlife as Ghost Pokemon. Also there seem to be monks (remember the Sprout Tower in G/S/C) and those who communicate with dead Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2009
    Given the way that the anime treats him, they might as well be worshipping Ash/Red. ;)

I'm kind of inclined to lean toward the Arceus theory, though - having learned a bit more about him.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Wow! Was it a church? Seriously,I always thought it was that place where people are burried after they are dead lol! XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back