• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
Years
  • Well, this is an interesting discussion indeed!

I've always thought that the people worshipped all of the legendary pokemon, like the Greeks/Romans worshipped Zeus/Jupiter and friends. My theory can be proven further with the fact that all of the legendary pokemon have something that they control/made like Dialga with time and Darkrai with darkness and Cresselia with "I was only made to defeat Darkrai which means that Arceus has some serious problems with pokemon designing since I'm a psycic type. What did he think I was going to do? Stick my toung out and call Darkrai a butt-head until he dies randomly? Seriously, Arceus should be a little smarter considering he is the leader/creator of us legends..." XD!

Also, another thing about their religeon that I don't think anyone has pointed out is that they believe in people going to the spirit world when they die. We know this from Dusknoirs' pokedex page which says "The antenna on its head picks up signals from the spirit world telling it to take people there."

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Good observations Comet=)

I was inclined to believe the pokecitizens leaned towards mythology-esque beliefs as well. Seriously; how much do you have to believe in with ghosts and psychics all around you ans stuff?

walasaka

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • I'm not sure this is entirely on topic, but I remember coming across a forum where some seriously deranged kids (I'm sorry if there are any of you guys here, but really?! And I hope they were all kids!) had the actual real-world Pokemon religion. As in, they thought that Pokemon was real. I can't remember the specifics, but in any case you had to prove yourself worthy of the Pokemon world somehow, and then you could "go" there somehow. Crazy stuff. Unsurprisingly, one of the threads I saw was from a kid (who I feel quite sorry for, in hindsight) who had gone berzerk at school defending his, err, religion, and everyone had laughed at them. Man, the last couple of years of school must have really sucked for that kid.

As far as the church/cathedral/whatever is concerned, I was intrigued when I saw it and often returned after plot-twists to see if anything would happen. Sadly, nothing, which I find scandalous. They really could have done more with that, even if it's just a sidequest.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • It's obviously where they go to worship abra, kadabra, and alakazam..............

Ok for those that don't get it, some of you may remember quite a while back where pokemon was banned by churches (I remember my friend had to throw away his pokemon cards and games, why didn't he give them to me :'( ) well I think it was because the heads of the pokemon I mentioned are shaped like the pentagram or something like that

KATFiSH

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I've always wondered that myself... I don't know, perhaps the creators were merely bringing a subtle taste of reality to the games, since a lot of people are spiritual. But, you know... like most of the others have said, maybe they really are just praising the legendaries, since in gameplay, it's noted numerous times that these pokémon created Sinnoh in some sort of fashion. -shrugs- We may never know...

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I've always found it funny how obsessed everyone in the Pokemon world is with Pokemon! It seems unhealthy :P

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
  • I would be surprised if they were worshipping pokemon because people don't really tend to look up to pokemon in the games. They really just treat them as equals.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I find this to be a bit silly to post about, but it is a decent question. Many people are confused about the culture of the Pokemon world. I don't think Satoshi Tajiri was trying to be confusing when he made the games. This is what I think about the Pokemon world;

I think that the "Pokemon World" is the real world, only with the Unnamed Pokemon nation in Japan's place. I've posted this theory many times, but it is understandable. The architecture, customs, and personalities, are very reflective off of Japan. However the culture is strongly based with Pokemon and this is reflected in the training, battling, and raising.

I believe that Christianity and Buddhism still exist, as do other countries. Now I agree that perhaps "The Nation" does worship Pokemon, but perhaps a demographic believes in other theological ideas. If I were to lived in the fictional regions, I would probably worship Mew.

Anyways, I think that your question is interesting, and as for the "Church", It is called the Foriegn Building, but if you look at their glass art, you can see what appears to be the "1 and 3" symbol.

That's all for now-

Sinerely
    -ChrisTom

The Red Chain

The legendaries did become too God-like in Sinnoh.

The legendaries have always been god-like.
    Mew. That is all.

80% of the people in our world worship something, so I wouldn't be surprised if the people in the Pokeverse worship Arceus or whatever.
    It's not really that mind-blowing considering the Pokeverse is based somewhat off of the real world.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    it's rumoured that the people in pokemon world are jewish. at least some muslims think so. but anybody couldn't find and show a proof for this condition.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hi there. ◕‿◕ Please don't post in threads over a month old. This one's two years, lol.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back