• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Question Came to Me Over Dinner

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Simple question. How do you prefer your steak?

Grilled? Broiled? Buttered? Bone-On? Plain? Montréal Steak Spice? Marinated? Temperature? Cut?

Personally, I prefer a short loin cut (strip steak most often, though T-bone preferred) with bone-on. Cooked demi-anglais (or "medium"), though I'm okay with à point ("medium rare") if it's not too soft. Never marinated. Plain, if broiled. With Montréal Steak Spice if grilled, because I am a Canadian. I don't object to butter, it's often found in steakhouses, but it's entirely superfluous.

(interestingly, I thought of this question while eating chicken. Go figure)

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Steak is steak. Cook it whatever way you want. Flavor it however you want. As long as it's done enough to where it's not dripping blood or what have you... then I'll eat it. Bone or no bone. Marinated or not. Spiced or not. Steak is love, steak is life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'll take any steak as long as it is medium! not medium rare, not medium well, just medium!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I eat mine medium rare. I'm not picky as to kind of steak, and if someone gave me a steak that wasn't medium rare I'm sure I would like it just fine, but medium rare is the optimal steak.

Been craving steak lately. :(

Sirfetch’d

Me too :(

I'm really funny about my steak so I reallly only eat it if I cook it myself. That said, I prefer mine medium rare as well. Just the best overall way to eat a steak imo. It's how I've eaten it since a kid and I don't see myself changing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Me too :(

I'm really funny about my steak so I reallly only eat it if I cook it myself. That said, I prefer mine medium rare as well. Just the best overall way to eat a steak imo. It's how I've eaten it since a kid and I don't see myself changing.

I always had everything well as a kid. I didn't know what the words meant and my mom always said well so whenever I was asked I said well. Once my boyfriend made me a medium rare steak. my eyes were opened

Years
    Medium rare porterhouse, scotch or rump steak cuts do it for me. I don't like bones with my steak.

I generally don't like anything other than a bit of coarse ground salt with my steak, but if I do have sauce I go for red wine jus.

I also love kangaroo steak, but I find it so hard to cook properly. :(

I always had everything well as a kid. I didn't know what the words meant and my mom always said well so whenever I was asked I said well. Once my boyfriend made me a medium rare steak. my eyes were opened

I had a similar experience. My parents (especially my dad) always made or ordered steak medium or well done. My eye opening moment was when my friend served me medium rare kangaroo steak in high school (he came running around to everyone from his cooking class force feeding us), yum!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Grilled, a little after blue, no marination, but a good sauce on top always has you covered. Oh, and ribeye is my preferred section.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    What on earth does "broiled" mean and how do you do it to a steak?
    If you have an oven that isn't from the 19th century there should be a little pull-out thing underneath your oven that looks like a little grill thing but it's not it's a BROILER and you can broil things and they come out almost like grilled but not really, and imho second best meat cooking method behind grilling. At fast food joints broiling is a paste they put on the meat that causes constipation, so avoid that kind of broiling if you can.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Oh! Well then that's how I cook mine lol - it's how I cook my everything. I just called it 'baking' for want of a better word.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Oh! Well then that's how I cook mine lol - it's how I cook my everything. I just called it 'baking' for want of a better word.
    Nope it's a separate thing lol.. a broiler is an internal grill thing like I said, the difference between it and baking is that the heat comes from above instead of below and makes delicious beef as opposed to dry rock ****.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I was already in the thread so I hadn't seen your post when I posted mine lol - but I don't think my oven has a broiler, I'm in a rented apartment :P

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I was already in the thread so I hadn't seen your post when I posted mine lol - but I don't think my oven has a broiler, I'm in a rented apartment :P
    yeah baking sucks, you should buy a broiler Andy. Everyone will appreciate your cooking skills that much more… unless you have a grill and are willing to use it. the indoor grills are badass.

Shining Raichu

Years
    I don't make steak enough to warrant it, my housemate knows how to use a frying pan so I usually make him do it lol

Back