• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A question for you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
Years
  • Okay, here's the question. When I was EV training with Magikarps, I came across my first shiny. Yup, Gold Magikarp. I caught it and evolved it into a Red Gyarados. Then, once I got Platinum, I was doing the same thing.

I came across ANOTHER Gold Magikarp. But I didn't catch it because I was using the Pokemodifier to help with my EV training. I didn't use a hack for Shiny Pokemon. Heck, I don't even know it. So, this is why I ask. Is it possible that pokemon have different shiny percentages?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    The only one I have come across was an Onix.

D:

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • yeah your quite lucky to get a gold karp. wish it was me
    but we can trade?

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • I came across a shiny spearow and a shiny rattatta once... Big deal... I have no Pokeballs... :(

Hey, just how can you get a shiny starter?

Nevertheless... Shiny collecting is a hard job, and it only appears in a small percentage... Unless you alter it.

P.S. :)

I came across a shiny spearow and a shiny rattatta once... Big deal... I have no Pokeballs... :(

Hey, just how can you get a shiny starter?

Nevertheless... Shiny collecting is a hard job, and it only appears in a small percentage... Unless you alter it.

P.S. :)

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    You can save before you receive your starter and soft reset (L + R + Select + Start) until you get one (not very likely).

Oh really now? I didn't know about the soft reset function.

o_o

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I found both a shiny rattata and marril on gold, and a shiny unown Z on firered... I have since lent that game to my cousin and he restarted it.>< ah well. once I get it back, I might try taking shinies from the the people at trainer tower. XD yes, I'd do that, but of course I'd keep them to myself, so nobody gets an illegal pokemon from me (unless specifically requested once I have wifi).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Like what jpp8 said, it's always a 1/8192 chance of finding one. If using the PokéRadar, your odds increase by some, if you chain the same Pokémon. Remember, chaining can only be accomplished if you defeat/catch the Pokémon your chaining, and to see that Pokémon again so the chain doesn't break, goto a grass patch that was exactly the same as the other, and don't goto a grass patch in any of the eight tiles around the trainer.

sambo626

Pokemon Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
  • Well the first and only shiny I have ever encountered was after i restarted my emerald, it was the part before you could get pokeballs and i ran into a shiny poochyena it was a real shame because that was the only shiny i had ever seen and I couldn't catch it.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Yes, the odds of finding a shiny Pokémon under normal circumstances is always 1/8192. The only way to enhance these chances is with a PokéRadar. It seems you were just incredibly lucky.

And since this should have been asked in the Q&A thread, I'll close it.

*locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back