• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Question on Double Rainbow Energy

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
Years
  • Hi all, hypothetically, say I had a Pokemon with an attack that stated I have to discard all steel energy and I nothing but rainbow energy attacked.

As I would have no basic steel energy attached (and it doesn't state I have to discard the energy in order to use the attack), would I have to discard Double Rainbow energy or could I attack without discarding anything?

Heres the card I'm hoping to do this with: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Palkia_&_Dialga_LEGEND_(Triumphant_101), I'm referring to the Time Control attack.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
    Years
  • Well, the rainbow energy is a um... magic energy that basically changes into the energy you want it to. So technically, the rainbow IS a steel energy. So, I don't think you could bypass that, but maybe...

Back