• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A re-introduction

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
  • Hi, this is Anguscr4p...I made another intro thread a while ago but I previously made an account purely to gain access to ROM hacking tools. Now, I actually intend to be active in the community, and I feel like a different person than I was then anyhow.

As you can tell by my user...flair-type thing, I favor the 3rd generation over the rest. 4th gen is cool too, but aside from a few select pokemon, something about the 5th gen games just kind of irks me. Might try BW2 though.

Aside from pokemon, I play other nintendo games (Metroid, SSBB, The occaisional Zelda) and a few non-nintendo ones (CoD, Crash Bandicoot, Yu-Gi-Oh).

I am an active redditor, you can find me often at /r/pokemon and /r/NFL under this same name.

The rest of the info is on my bio, and I'm a really talkative person, so if you're bored and wanna talk about anything, let me know.

So, anyway, this is the brand new shiny Anguscr4p....have a nice day.

Years
  • Hey there Anguscr4p! Welcome to the forum~

That's really great to hear. ^~^ While Emulation is an awesome board, being active around the entire community means you'll get the most out of this place. I joined for hacking in 2006 too so I can understand how that is, but rejoining in 2011 and actually posting was one of the best things I did online haha. The Advance Generation Gaming board is peeerfect for a third generation fan - perhaps that'll be a good board for you to call home here. I'm a huge third gen fan too and it's always great to see others who love it as much as me. Emerald must be my most replayed Pokemon game to date! What's your favorite third gen starter?! :) Mudkip was my first Hoenn starter and he was so incredibly useful as a Swampert. Nowadays I prefer Treecko though, Sceptile and Leaf Blade are just an awesome combination. Hoping to get a shiny male Treecko one of these days!

And be sure to look at our Video Games board, too! It'll satisfy all your gaming needs hopefully, baha. It's a cool place if you're looking to share what game you're playing right now among other things.. and you can even post your videos/Let's Plays there in the Let's Plays subforum. I've never really played the actual Yu-Gi-Oh card game but I do have the GBA game called Eternal Duelist's Soul and loved it. Ate up a ton of my free time as a kid.

So yeah, have an amazing time here! Glad you're talkative and even more glad you gave us so much to reply to in your thread. I was never that good at intros, which is kind of ironic since I mod this place, but it's just soo much more fun to reply to intros than write your own I feel. See you around and great meeting you! :D;

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
    Years
  • I've played Emerald about 20 times through by now, there's very few pokemon I haven't gotten around to using. I'd say my favorite starter is Torchic, because Blaziken is just way too good with all the coverage he gets, but you can't go wrong with any of the three :3

I'll definitely check out the 3rd gen game board. The thing that impresses me most about the community here is that even with how huge it is, it is still on the whole a friendly and unintimidating place, something that you certainly don't get over at say, Smogon.

And thank you for the warm welcome!

Last edited:
    Back