• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] A Script Problem(Probably super basic and my issue)

I know I post problems often, and apologize if I am bothering anyone, but have watched and read several tutorials and have up the one by diegoisawesome in another tab right now, but am still having issues figuring out what is wrong with this line of script that I am trying to use.

Spoiler:

0x87403C6 is the offset that I have listed, so I know it is not that. That one got me quite a few times.

When I am walking up to it nothing is happening and nothing is happening when I am walking up to it and pressing A either. It is a little embarrassing in my book that I can add Pokemon to my party but am having very real trouble with the most basic form of in game dialogue. Any help, of course, is greatly appreciated.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    I know I post problems often, and apologize if I am bothering anyone, but have watched and read several tutorials and have up the one by diegoisawesome in another tab right now, but am still having issues figuring out what is wrong with this line of script that I am trying to use.

Spoiler:

0x87403C6 is the offset that I have listed, so I know it is not that. That one got me quite a few times.

When I am walking up to it nothing is happening and nothing is happening when I am walking up to it and pressing A either. It is a little embarrassing in my book that I can add Pokemon to my party but am having very real trouble with the most basic form of in game dialogue. Any help, of course, is greatly appreciated.

Check your offset and make sure the one you pasted has no extra numbers. Because sometimes when you paste the offset into the map editor, they add extra numbers.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years

Spoiler:

Don't be worried about posting problem threads, that is why this is the beginners lounge ^_^
    I can count atleast 3 threads ive started on the first page, then i solved them before anyone replies and i look silly X_X

I think your offset has 1 too many numbers. From my understanding it should be 6 numbers. 0xXXXXXX.
    If it is correct, I wrote a quick script, you can edit it as you see fit if you want to test it.
    Also, I'm not sure if once you compiled it that it "hid" the org @start. That is needed.

Sample Script:
    Spoiler:

Since this is a sign the FacePlayer, Lock, And release commands are not needed since the sign isn't a person.

If i am correct, \v\h01 is yourself AKA Player. alternatively [player] or [rival] can be used instead of calling stored text.

So it could be...

#org @sign
    = [player]'s HOUSE

or

#org @sign
    = [rival]'s HOUSE

This bit of script is for the strings at the bottom of the script. I'm sure you know this, but i am making sure.

Edit: I saw a thread from you earlier and if you are not using XSE, I suggest it. Atleast that is what i used to write the sample script.
    I know PK has some nice features, but i think XSE is overall more stable and reliable in terms of scripting.

Last edited:

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    @Syrex, I am using EXS now but I started on PKSV and blame it for my failure along with global warming and several other things. I kept it for the script generator for if I get stuck but EXS is what is set up to open when I hit "Open Script."

AND RESOLVED! THANKS Y'ALL!

So the script worked for you and resolved the issue?

Great :)

Back