• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A Shield with a Twist" Episode Discussion

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I always knew that Barry would eventually be part of their little group.

I don't think he'll leave. Him and his amazing Pokemanz make the show interesting.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Annoyed with all the voices in general. I think it has to do with the recording, or maybe it's the enunciation of the V.A.s, it isn't v. clear what the characters are saying at times - nevermind Fantina's French accent. Actually, I could understand her better than the others, having watched too many stereotypical french characters with heavy accents. Her "Nuuuuuuu" was grating on my nerves, though quite funny now on reflection. I think she has become one of my favourite melodramatic characters ever.

The gym fight was FTW. Really liked the way they drew the attacks and strategies although I couldn't understand why a non-move was given a name. Counter-shield? huh.
    Drifblim defeating 2 pokemon in 5 minutes was awesome tho.
    Jealous Barry...awkward! ^_^||
    Jessie's hair - Sailormoon Powers Activate! was what came to mind. xD

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Just watched it on YouTube. :)

*That judge guy kinda sounds like James...
    *What?! Maybe I should've taken French....
    *We all know he's gonna win.
    *New theme song, please. Preferably one that doesn't make me feel like sleeping...
    *Barry's here?!
    *She said to stop moving, Gengar.
    *It's a draw, right?.......Nope.
    *NOOOOOOoooo!!!
    *Hopefully Jessie will do good with this one...
    *YUUUUM. Shoudn't that be YAAAAAM?
    *Nice hair. The audience creeped me out though.....
    *Boy, Scott from Hoenn would love to see this.
    *NOOOOOOoooo!!!
    *ASH IS TOO MUCH!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!
    You and about...70% of Pokemon fans. xDDD
    *What da heck??!! She won a ribbon already??!!
    *Drifblim can use Psychic moves as well. Like Psyshic.
    That is so incredibly cheesy. I love it!!
    *Like I said. Scott would have loved to see this.
    *I like Drifblim's voice. ^__^
    *Wait, she didn't cry NOOOOOOoooo!!!
    *Yay!! He got the Relic Badge!!

Rating: 10/10!! I wonder what will happen at Iron Island...no doubt the Ash & Riolu supporters are gonna go nuts....

have you noticed that some normal attacks hit ghost types in this battle>>>????
    Errr...like what? :/

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    The episode had no excitement nor tension, and seemed like a cheap attempt to make Ash look better than he actually is. Why didn't he try this shielding crap when it came to fighting Barry is beyond me...

Years
    I think its great that Jessie won her second ribbon although I would liked to have seen more of her contest battle. She has finally gotten serious about contests, can't wait to see her in The Grand Festival next season.

Now a question, many gyms have places for an audience but most of the time the seats are empty except for Dawn, Brock and a few of their Pokemon plus an occasional visitor. Why do gyms have all that seating?

I loved when Barry kept complaining about Fantina's interaction with Ash during the battle and not understanding basic battle strategy. To quote Rymoa Echizen, "You've still got a ways to go."

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Now a question, many gyms have places for an audience but most of the time the seats are empty except for Dawn, Brock and a few of their Pokemon plus an occasional visitor. Why do gyms have all that seating?
    It's probably made like that on the off-chance a whole lot of people come to see the match. Not all challengers are unknown people with a small group of friends. The guy could be a local favourite. :P

Back