• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A silent member becomes active!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2021
    Hello peoples of the Community for Pokemon!

So I've had this account for a while, but I haven't done much. You know, browsing, reading, downloading, what most people do.

But I've decided I'd contribute to this forum from this point on!

I'm mostly into ROM hacking, so you can expect to see me in those sections at some point in the near future. I may start off will simple, improved versions of "vanilla" ROMs, but as my skills improve, so will my content!

And with that, I end this introduction of super longness. You can expect my first game towards the end of summer! (That's what I'm planning, anyway. {XD})

Years
  • Welcome! I was a lurker once upon a time, being silent for almost five years, so I totally get where you're coming from. But you won't regret your decision I can tell you that much. And please do contribute in the sideshow hacks because that's all I play now ^_^ (cuz they actually get finished :P).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Welcome to PC!

Simple-edits/improvements for pokémon games are really welcome in the sideshow showcase forum.

The folk over at ROM Hacking are very helpful if you need help with anything, there are a few Q&A threads and loads of great tutorials.

Are you working on anything original as well? :)

Years
  • Hi there Cobalon, welcome (back) to PC!

If you came for ROM hacks you definitely came to the right place, the Emulation & ROM Hacking board specifically, which SwiftSign showed you to. It's full of fun hacks, and resources that can be used to make them as well. And then you can show off your creations as well, hacking seems like fun but it can get a bit messy if you can't remember all those tricky codes. It's the main reason why I'm always kept out of that section. But you may enjoy it nonetheless.

And if you ever need a break from hacks, PC has loads of other sections that can entertain and keep you busy and since we are a big forum, you'll make loads of new friends as well. Don't hesitate to contact those moderators in the blue and they'd be happy to assist you with anything. Have fun here at PC and I do hope to see you stick around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • You've got quite a bit to learn if you're a ROM hacker. PC has a very extensive library of hacks and resources.. so much that you might even get lost, haha. xD; Welcome to the forum!

It's a good idea to start off simple if you don't have the knowledge for bigger things yet. On that note, I feel like I've seen a lot of newbies aim to make big things right away and that kind of deterred them from hack-making later down the road. :( It's best to stick within your abilities; you'll learn as you progress and end up making great games. The patience is more than worth it! I used to want to create my own hack but never took that anywhere.. guess I'm more of someone who's interested in playing hacks than making 'em. What's your favorite hack, by the way? I'll be looking forward to your project by the end of summer so be sure to work extra hard on it! Wouldn't want you to forget about the game and disappear, after all.. definitely not something we'd want. All that hard work will pay off and you'll get a lot of feedback from our amazing members.

Anything else you can tell us about yourself other than being a hacker? ROM hacking is indeed popular here but there is so much more to do on PC. You can delve into discussions about pretty much anything, from roleplaying to chit-chat threads and spinoff game discussions. Maybe you can participate in the amazing Fifth Generation Gaming board if you're into the fifth generation? I get the feeling that you are from your signature so it'd be awesome to have a new face participate in the myriads of discussions there. There's tons to contribute to outside of hacking, especially if you're knowledgeable in a particular area. We have people asking for help with Pokemon games, the anime, and other things relatively often; maybe you'd be interested in lending a hand? :D

But anyways, have a blast around here all righty! Hopefully you end up enjoying this place as much as the rest of us. You're free to contact me if you'd like to chat or need help, but our other wonderful members are always around anytime. Being shy is something you should avoid doing since there's no reason at all to feel that way!

See you arooound. :)

Back