• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A small ASCII to Hex Converter

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
  • This is an ASCII to Hex converter in Java (English vocabulary to Hex) that works specifically for Pokemon games.

It currently forces you to manually select the Table.txt file which I've included in the zip & can also be found inside the jar by opening it with a zip viewer (So its always there), and it only does ASCII --> Hex, I'll update this later to make it go the other way around later, so if you really want it, just chillax for a bit & I'll add it.

This is mostly aimed at those who either work with ASM or for some reason work on translating the game's text to Hex.

Before you go to the comments and say "Why, this is so pointless and anyone can do it", I know anybody can do it, yet during all the time I've been on PC I haven't seen one (since either others have made it, but haven't released it, they manually do it using the table.txt file, or the links have been removed...)

This is very basic and doesn't have much glamour since its just a little time saver instead of a do-it-all program. If you want to make this visually pleasing, port it to another language, or improve it/add it to your program, PM/VM me and I'll give you the source code.

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JVUpHMmKl7M19MMEl2dWkzQVE/view?usp=sharing

Back