• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A Smell of Petroleum Pervades Throughout

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
> In what direction did we even came from anyway?

The south. Or, well, it's not really south, but in these games 'behind you' is south, and damn the compass.

> And oh, we should probably prepare for battle.

You've been prepared for a while now. To be any more prepared, you'd probably have to be Robocop or something.

> Also, since the egg is out of your hands, and the Highly Persuasive Handgun is obviously a Flash Cannon in disguise... You can cave in the ceiling to buy you some time. After all, dirt is better than just air as an obstacle to your enemy as you desperately try to come up with a better solution to things.

Othodox used Flash Cannon!

There is a huge crashing and rending of rock, and then the exit to the south is gone. Elm nods approvingly; this was a good plan.

The figure in the distance is still.

(The Highly Persuasive Handgun has 7 PP remaining.)

> Alright, so there is imminent danger nearby, I know. BUT, there may be time to create a new and useful tool out of your items that are on hand.

What exactly would be useful in this situation? You have so many weapons between you that you can't carry them all, and to be honest, you're not sure what else you need. Couldn't it wait until after you save the world?

You hear a distant crash. The Quilava, it seems, has entered the tunnels.

> Try throwing the master ball at the Quilava

It's not exactly within range, but when it turns up, you'll be sure to give that a go.

> Look at the Elegant Carvings and Secrets Writ in Stone, then head north to the figure.

Hum. Whoever built Alph before it was Ruined was very good at carving circles and lines, but apparently terrible at anything that didn't resemble an Unown. You have no idea what the Carvings are meant to represent – snowmen, maybe? Or are those buffalo? – and the Secrets are equally inscrutable; they are written in Unown runes, but someone has smashed chunks out of them, probably with a pickaxe.

You turn your attention to the figure on the other end of the room. It's indistinct in the gloom, but it looks like it might be dark in colour – a statue, perhaps?

There's only one way to find out.

As one, you move towards it, and as you do so a strange sense of familiarity comes over you. You think you have seen this figure, this statue before – but where? The only statue you've seen has been the Fearsome Idol, and you'd recognise a Cthulhu statue a mile off.

You're here, says a voice – a voice that is not a voice; it doesn't sound in the air, like yours, or in your head, like the Gengar's. It just is, in the same way that the rocks and the trees are. It is part of the world.

You think you might have heard it before.

"Who are you?" you ask. No one else speaks. Something tells them that it is your time.

Oh, you know me, the voice replies. I know you, too. We've been through so much together, after all.

You are not far from the figure now, and you can see it is a man: a man in a charcoal-coloured suit, standing with his back to you. He is bald, and his skin is oddly tinted with grey; from the base of his spine a tail snakes back and forth, flicking about in ceaseless motion.

Suddenly, you notice that his legs each have a joint too many, and that on the top of his head you can make out a pair of short horns.

"Who are you?" you repeat. Why does his voice sound so familiar? Where can you have heard it before?

Dear me, says the man. I would have thought you would have recognised me, of all people.

You stare.

You know where you have heard his voice now.

It's been with you all along – from the moment you spawned in your room right up to the present. Sometimes it has spoken with the voices in your head, and in fact you can hear it right now, defining events as they unfold.

It's the medium, stupid, I say, turning around to face you. After all, every text-based world needs a Narrator.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Alright, so first off, the Fearsome Idol is definitely going to be useful. It could be a key (which you should ask the Narrator about). Or, it could be tied to the Narrator? Either way, the Narrator seems to be here to help you.

However, I've got a very nasty hunch that there's a lich of or some similar creature involved, and this is the phylactery that just so happens to belong to them. If it's not a key and not tied to the Narrator (if he's a friendly force), then it's definitely a very wise thing to destroy it right then and there.

Melody

Banned
Years
Perhaps you should:
> Examine the Fearsome Idol, and ask Vesta, Jasmine and Elm if they can do anything with it given what you've learned. Explain to them what you read if necessary and time allows.
> If the above fails, try praying to the God of fire, and talking directly to the Fearsome Idol and/or the voice that is talking to you. Press it for as much information as it will give in the time you have.
> Prepare yourself to face down Eldrich Quilava if absolutely necessary. Else run like a weenie in the direction that the other voices indicate. Create a pathway if necessary using tools you have on hand. If you can't, just be prepared to fight.
You've probably had enough of this running scared, you're a Trainer and you have Vesta, Elm and Jasmine by your side. That should be enough to survive the encounter even if it might not go well. Take care though and plan things out carefully.
> If you have the time, assemble a weapon to use your Focus Punch TM
> Keep your gun and the Sword handy. You might need them.
> Take a recommended dose of MooMoo Milk, and perhaps give the same to Elm.
It might help to be sure that you're in top form so that you can survive the encounter and if needed, fight.

It could help Elm fight off the oncoming coral infection and help to render him a little more able to fight and/or run. Worse case scenario, the plan backfires and he becomes Eldrich Corsola and you run like a chicken, leaving it behind for Eldrich Quilava to deal with, which could slow it down considerably considering the typing.

I know I'm newly entering here, but I've read the entire story to date, but if any of the voices cares to debate any of these commands because they have better ideas, that's fine.

Cutlerine

Years
> Alright, so first off, the Fearsome Idol is definitely going to be useful. It could be a key (which you should ask the Narrator about). Or, it could be tied to the Narrator? Either way, the Narrator seems to be here to help you.
However, I've got a very nasty hunch that there's a lich of or some similar creature involved, and this is the phylactery that just so happens to belong to them. If it's not a key and not tied to the Narrator (if he's a friendly force), then it's definitely a very wise thing to destroy it right then and there.

Right. Because liches are so Lovecraft.

"You're the Narrator," you say. "You're, uh... what?"

Forget what the voice says, I tell you. Never mind about the Idol. You used it already. I gave you everything you have for a purpose. I pause. Well. Except Jasmine. I have to say you snatched her up yourself.

> Try praying to the God of fire.

Prayer. That's a bloody good idea.

Past caring what the others think of you, you make obeisance to Tabiti. What the effects are, if any, remains to be seen.

> Prepare yourself to face down Eldrich Quilava if absolutely necessary. Else run like a weenie in the direction that the other voices indicate. Create a pathway if necessary using tools you have on hand. If you can't, just be prepared to fight.

You're pretty prepared already. You have a sword on your back (although to be honest, it's purely ceremonial and would have a hard time cutting a cabbage) and a Highly Persuasive Handgun in on hand. Elm has his Blessed Staff (which might conceivably be good for hitting things) and Jasmine and Vesta are, well, Jasmine and Vesta.

You're still pretty keen on running, though.

> If you have the time, assemble a weapon to use your Focus Punch TM

There really isn't time for that.

> Keep your gun and the Sword handy. You might need them.

They're right where you left them.

> Take a recommended dose of MooMoo Milk, and perhaps give the same to Elm.

I watch you as you each take a sip of the Milk. You are preparing for trouble, of course, which is all very well, but it seems that you have misjudged the circumstances.

The Milk strengthens the coral, but it strengthens Elm too. Both glow with health.

> Try talking directly to the Fearsome Idol and/or the voice that is talking to you. Press it for as much information as it will give in the time you have

"Why are you here?" you ask me.

The others are silent. You could hear a pin drop, if it weren't for the relentless, faraway burrowing of the Quilava.

You're too close to the end. I shrug. You know how it works. I'm from the real world too, you know, but the Dreaming changed me. I'm not ready to give up my new power.

You shake your head.

"You have to see," you say, "none of this—"

Do you know what I can do now? I ask. For me, reality is malleable. I didn't write the description, but I dictate the plot: I can reach into the past, push an event into action, nudge a Totodile towards a front door. All I have to do is keep talking.

I smile.

You may have noticed by now, I say, but I'm pretty good at that.

You have noticed. It's been really, really annoying.

"I," you begin, but get no further.

No, I say. I know already. I'm the brain of this world. Cthulhu is the heart, and the Unown are the blood, but I – I'm the brain. I direct it all; I know everything. I can control it, too. That includes you.
You wonder what to say to that, if maybe the voices will tell you something, but—

Nope, I say. No voices. Not yet. I take a step towards you. Let's have you talk to them, shall we? Why don't you tell us all what you've found out. Might as well give them something before I let the Quilava through the wall.

You are suddenly acutely aware that the Quilava's scratching has got a whole lot closer. It's as if it teleported towards you.

"You can't do this," you say, but even as your mouths form the words you know it isn't true. I am the Narrator, after all, and I can do anything. I can even choose what you say, and make it seem as if you are deciding, and that is exactly what happens now as you begin to outline your theory about the Dreaming.

"It's the Unown," you say, glancing at Elm, at Vesta and Jasmine. "They sort of exist between two worlds, like Oak said on the broadcast. The real world, and a dream world, which they can populate with figments from people's dreams."

"Go on," says Elm, interested despite the situation – or is it me, making him interested? It may be both. You will never know.

"The stars are aligned," you say. "Cthulhu is closest to waking. His dreams are broadcasting strongly."

"THE NIGHTMARES," says Jasmine.

"Yes. The dreams we all have – those are Cthulhu's dreams. Dreams of waking. But they're not just being broadcast to us, they're being broadcast to creatures that can change what we perceive as reality – creatures that are hugely sensitive to dreams."

"The Unown," says Elm softly. "Bloody hell..."

"That's right," you say. "It must have driven them mad. They're creating a weird, impossible dreamworld, spreading right out over Johto. Wherever one of them dies, the dream fails – the broken dock, the ruined Pokémart, the dead Ho-Oh – these are all things that happened in real life. Pockets of reality in a dreamworld that's been going on for years. We've slept and slept and God knows how many people have died in car accidents or from planes where the pilots fell asleep – but many of us are still alive."

"HO-OH," says Jasmine. "IT FELL FROM THE TOWER ONTO THE UNOWN AND BROKE THE DREAM AROUND IT..."

"But how do we wake up?" asks Elm. "How can we go back? Pinching ourselves doesn't seem like it will work, given the pain we've all been through."

You take out the Bad Egg, holding it close to your chest.

"This," you say. "I hear voices in my head – the voices of Players, I think, guiding me. One of them told me that a Bad Egg would break the world. 'Crash' it, I think they called it. I don't know for sure if it will work, but... if it hatches, I think we'll fracture the dream. Enough to wake up, anyway."

You look at me.

"And now you want to stop it."

That's right, I affirm. I can't stop you directly, unfortunately. When this world remade me, I ceased to be able to directly affect things. I cannot reach out and take the Egg from you. I'm no longer an actor; I work backstage. Which is why I'm first going to ask you nicely to throw the Egg on the floor and break it, and then, when you refuse, going to force you to do it.

"We won't let you," says Vesta, flaring suddenly. "We won't—"

Ah, of course. I nod affably. And what do you think happens to you when the world ends, Vesta? Do you really think you have a body to wake up in, back in the real world? I shake my head. You are a figment of the collective imagination, I say. Think about it – all of you. What happens to you, Jasmine, when you wake? You hate this body – well, you'll like the real thing still less, after what happened when you fell asleep.

"NOTHING IS WORSE THAN THIS," she replies, but she does not sound convinced.

And you, Professor, I say. What of you? You fell asleep examining a Cyndaquil. The flames have not been kind – to you or your family.

Elm does not reply. You aren't sure that he can.

And of course there's Othodox, I say, turning to you again. Othodox, the player character. Spawned into the Dreaming by a Developer to fix the problem with the guidance of Players. Do you have a counterpart in reality? What happens to you when this ends? I smile. It is not a nice smile, you notice. I have too many teeth, and they are too sharp. It's too bad you won't live, I say. But then again, who does?

You can't reply. You have pushed the thoughts away, again and again – what happens to Vesta when it ends, what happens to you, to everyone, what happens, what happens – but you can't hide any more. You have to face up to the questions.

I fix my eyes on yours.

No pressure, I say. Give it a think.

You have no idea what to say. You have to save the world, you keep telling yourself – but the thought of not existing, the thought of not even leaving a shadow behind on the waking world, terrifies you.

You hope you can get some good advice.

Oh, OK, I say. Sure. Talk to them if you like. Listen, Othodox. What do your precious voices say?

I know I'm newly entering here, but I've read the entire story to date, but if any of the voices cares to debate any of these commands because they have better ideas, that's fine.

Fear not. It doesn't matter if you joined ten minutes ago or ten weeks ago; all voices are equal in the soundless void of the subconscious. I suppose, anyway. I mean, I don't actually have any experience of diving into anyone's subconscious.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
I just returned after being horrendously busy to notice that THE CLIMAX FREAKING HAPPENED AND MY MIND IS A MASSIVE PILE OF WTF. I do also have to brag a little, sorry, on predicting how the Bad Egg would work and for evolving Vesta.

Now, however, we have the major problem. Do we want to wake up? Morals and what not say yes. It is not morally right to keep the entire population of humanity asleep, minus several large death counts, to save a few figments of mass imagination. Self-interest says yes we sleep forever. We have found a family in here in the form of Vesta and Elm and Jasmine.

I honestly dont know what to think. Yes the Bad Egg will crash the game, but how far? Will it just break the Dreaming or will it go all the way back and reboot the universe? The author seems very capable of providing that plot twist, even without the Narrator's consent.

On the other hand, if the Bad Egg only ends the Dreaming, then this entire group will no longer exist. Will they meet in an afterlife? Do imaginary entities have an afterlife?

These are important questions.

I say we stay asleep. I love stories with unOthodox I mean sorry unorthodox endings. If we stay asleep, Othodox has a family and we dont risk sending the entire world into mass hysteria upon the realization that millions are dead for apparently no reason. Feel free to debate me. It might prove wise to be proven wrong.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I say we stay asleep. I love stories with unOthodox I mean sorry unorthodox endings. If we stay asleep, Othodox has a family and we dont risk sending the entire world into mass hysteria upon the realization that millions are dead for apparently no reason. Feel free to debate me. It might prove wise to be proven wrong.

I am more of a "sacrifice myself for the greater good of the many people" or whatever they call it these days.
Anyway, if we do stay asleep, remember that we can't stay like this forever. I mean, the freaking Narrator's there. He has the power to kill us in an instant, with his narrating powers.
Elm is dying, and the Quilava (probably a Typhlosion now) is a narration away from killing us.

We need to put an end to the Narrator's twisted ways of thinking, despite how sad the things will become.

If we do get killed, we, as players, would just respawn without any knowledge of what just happened, so it'll be useless to keep dreaming anyway.

I'd say, it's time to wake up.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Hatching the bad egg is really more of a beginning than an end. So what if everyone left wakes up? It's not like Cthulhu isn't going to awaken then, unless there's more to that egg than meets the eye, which is also highly likely.

One thing that comes to mind here is that a bad egg doesn't always hatch, or if it does, may hatch into another bad egg, forever. Of course, it's not like that's going to happen, right?

That narrator needs to go down, but is it really worth it?

*Yeah! first comment on a Cutlerine story!*

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
Arguing Jagold's point, Id say its even more tragic to wake up and not remember anything than it is to stay asleep.

On the other hand, I agree with Jagold. If we wake up not remembering or maybe not existing, it wont have even mattered that we or Othodox or Jasmine or Elm or Vesta ever existed. Jasmine is no longer alive, you cant really call her current condition living, either way nor is Elm, as evidenced by what the Narrator said.

But then can we even trust the Narrator? He would likely say anything to keep himself alive. Maybe hes trying to prey on their primal fears in order to stay alive.

Part of me wants to go with Jagold and hatch the Bad Egg just to see what would happen, but then another equally large part of me says to smash the Bad Egg and stay alive.

However the "hatch the egg" side is slowly winning over and I think currently that is where my allegiances lie.

Cutlerine

Years
> ...stay asleep. I love stories with... has a family...
> ...put an end to the Narrator's twisted... despite how sad...
...useless to keep dreaming... wake up...
> …like Cthulhu isn't going to awaken...
> ...trust the Narrator?
> kill him... split...

You bite your lip. Something has gone very wrong. The voices are faint and tinny, and seem to be receding into the distance.

Oh, didn't I say? I ask innocently. I can open and shut that particular door with ease. Let's not have this choice tainted by mere voices, shall we? This should be your decision, and yours alone.

I take a step towards you. You take one back.

It doesn't have to end badly, I say. I could reach back in time and move the Corsola two inches to the left in the dark. It would trip on a stone and never make it to the helicopter. You could live then, Professor. And Jasmine – if that Steelix's gullet had just crushed that little part of your skull there, and destroyed the tissue beneath... I spread my hands. You would be free of pain. I can make it happen, you know. Easy as anything.

And you. I turn to you and Vesta. Your nemesis – the selfsame creature that is right now waiting outside this chamber – that could have tried to attack the Totodile first, instead of the Chikorita, and probably perished in the attempt. It could be gone. All you have to do is throw that Egg on the floor and break it.

You blink.

"You can't do it yourself."

I told you, I say, I can't do much in the way of physical interaction. And it's especially hard to touch you, linked to the outside as you are. But I can fix everything for you if you stay. I can even reach back in time and cause a malfunction on the Magnet Train doors at the time of the Dreaming, so that everyone in the first six carriages survives. Enough to make a town. Enough to repopulate.

I fix you with eyes that do not seem human.

Last chance, I say warningly. It's a very generous offer.

> …

I told you, I said. I shut that door.

You close your eyes. Too much is happening too fast, and it's all centred on you; everyone is looking at you, asking you to make the choice that no one else can. The Quilava keeps smashing away at the wall of rubble, echoing your heartbeat, growing faster and faster.

Vesta's fingers are woven tightly through yours.

"I don't know!" you cry. "I don't – why do I have to choose?"

If you don't want to, then just put the Egg down, I say. There is no longer any trace of warmth in my voice. Put it down and let the ceiling fall on it.

"I can't. I don't know. I just don't know!"

It's choking you – all of this emotion, all of these ideas and thoughts and suggestions, this whole poisonous world is pouring down your throat and choking you like strangler figs slowly murdering a tree.

"OTHODOX," says Jasmine, taking your other hand. "IT'S OK. I'M DEAD ANYWAY. AND THERE MIGHT BE – MIGHT BE OTHERS YOU CAN SAVE..."

"It seems I'm dead too," adds Elm, patting your shoulder. "Don't worry about us, kid. We'll be better off for it."

And then Vesta hugs you, pressing her silken face into your cheek.

"I love you, Dad," she says. "I have to say it before we go. Because we do have to go. Remember what you told me, when I asked what we were doing?"

You do.

"We're going to save the world," she replies for you. "And now we're here. We did so much, and..."

You fold your arms around her, and feel your tears sizzle as they trickle onto her head.

"OK," you say. "I love you too, Vesta. But I guess we can't hang on any longer."

You turn back towards the Narrator, who is watching with extreme displeasure from the shadows.

"Sorry," you say. "No deal."

Is that so, I reply, and it is not a question. Well, well well. You know what happens now, don't you? When all is said and done – when all the trials and tribulations have been overcome – there remains only a Pokémon battle with the villainous leader. So be it!

Eldritch Mewtwo would like to battle!

Eldritch Mewtwo sent out Typhlosion!

The wall explodes, and through the aperture slides a full twenty-five feet of bone and sinew, spewing green flame from the polyps that stud its back and roaring a foetid gale from its gaping maw.

It appears the Quilava has evolved.

Let's open the door again, shall we? I suggest, stepping away into the shadows and melting out of sight. I'd love to let your voices see this.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
I knew the Narrator was Mewtwo! But well...Typhlosion is super effective against Jasmine. So she cant help. Id say have Vesta do a Fire Blast to the ceiling above the Typhlosion and let the rocks fall on it.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Alright, so Elm is now a form of Eldritch Corsola. Any ideas on what a Corsola can do in the way of using attacks? Have him go on the warpath! Jasmine is able to do the same, cause she's something like an Eldritch Steelix, iirc. Either way, she's a zombie. Those things are hard to kill.

Oh, and hatch the egg. That's likely your best hope.

Oh, and is there a way we can get through to Orthodox? I'd personally like to help and smash the narrator with my fiery Hammer of Justice... or at least give it to Orthodox to use as a weapon.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Ahem, well...

This doesn't look very good at all. We're at the mercy of a twisted narrator, and for that matter an Eldritch Mewtwo (dear god!). That bad egg is our only hope now, unless it's a dud. Alternatively, we do have a Master Ball handy, and that could certainly buy us some time (unless mister narrator decides otherwise).

Allow me to be the first one to say, Ouch.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
pheew....

Eldritch Mewtwo and Typhlosion. Well, we don't have any supereffective moves against fire types but maybe Elm can hold Typhlosion off while the others kill the Narrator, destroy the ceiling and get out of the ruins.

Cutlerine

Years
> I knew the Narrator was Mewtwo!

Good for you. Would you like a bloody cookie?

> Alright, so Elm is now a form of Eldritch Corsola.

No, he isn't. Why do people keep saying that? He has a chunk of Corsola attached to him. That isn't the same thing at all. Having bits of sentient rock attached to you does not give you superpowers.

> Oh, and hatch the egg. That's likely your best hope.

Oh, you're all about the hatching of the Egg. Hatching the Egg is what you're all about. Unfortunately, Eggs don't hatch on command. You have to wait. And God knows how long it's going to take.

> Oh, and is there a way we can get through to Orthodox? I'd personally like to help and smash the narrator with my fiery Hammer of Justice... or at least give it to Orthodox to use as a weapon.

You've been getting through to him ever since the Typhlosion appeared. I did mention opening the door again, remember?

If you think you can hit me with any kind of hammer, no matter how just it is, you haven't quite grasped the fact that I can't do physical interaction. That applies to objects interacting with me as well as me interacting with objects.

> Eldritch Mewtwo and Typhlosion. Well, we don't have any supereffective moves against fire types but maybe Elm can hold Typhlosion off while the others kill the Narrator, destroy the ceiling and get out of the ruins.

Elm again. What is it with you people and your obsession with Elm's superpowers? This isn't a comic book. Being parasitised by coral doesn't give you its powers any more than being bitten by a spider would.

And if you think you're going to somehow be able to kill an entity that is physically incapable of interacting with the physical world, tunnel to the surface through a roof you can't even reach and flee the ruins just like that, then you have another think coming.

> We do have a Master Ball handy, and that could certainly buy us some time (unless mister narrator decides otherwise).

You chuck the Master Ball at the Typhlosion, but your aim is inexplicably off and it goes wide.

Hey, I say. Don't you know the rules? You can't catch another Trainer's Pokémon, Othodox.

> Id say have Vesta do a Fire Blast to the ceiling above the Typhlosion and let the rocks fall on it.

The Typhlosion rears, the intense heat of its flaming head liquefying the stone above it; lava drips down over its skull, pooling in its empty eye sockets and splashing onto the floor, but it does not appear to care. The beast roars, and the room itself shakes with the reverberation of its voice.

"Vesta!" you howl. "The ceiling!"

She nods swiftly and five bursts of golden fire arc from her fingertips, striking at the ceiling above the Typhlosion and exploding into a five-pointed star of flame; clods of lava fall away in massive clumps, splattering on and around the Typhlosion, and some less stable minerals even become gaseous in the extreme heat; unstable plasmas seethe in the hole in the roof and seep furiously down into the chamber below.

"OK," you say, staring. "Let's not do that, or we'll kill ourselves."

The Typhlosion charges, its head and body and legs merging into one long tongue of green flame that scorches a trail across the floor, rushing towards you like an oncoming express train—

The four of you scatter and the Typhlosion tears straight through the Narrator instead; you stare, thinking that perhaps you've won after all – but true to my word, I stand there smiling, the Typhlosion passing straight through me like a ghost.

Told you, I say. I don't work that way.

You can't reply: the Typhlosion is fluid and swift, curling back on itself like a living ampersand and darting towards you with its huge incisors bared.

You are going to need a better plan than what you just came up with.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2014
Hey, we are the players aren't we? We are Gods goddammit! I, Ussaid the leader of mankind, send a water beam from the heavens on to the evil Narrator and his Pokemon!

And if that doesn't work, then, err, order Vesta to throw Elm at the Typhlosion, and while it is busy eating Elm, you have to start a war of words with the Narrator! You need to replace him!

And after you do it spawn a party of ninja turtles and power rangers down there.

However, if you think I have gone off my rocker, especially since I popped at the climax, then offer a prayer to Arceus, and the Scythian god thing.

PS. Isn't Nintendo the real God?

((Offtopic: Man, I really like this one! You have done a great job of mixing humor with horror, and it works! Even though those Lovecraft bits are very creepy, they are also interesting and breathes fresh air into this!))

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Should've seen that coming...

Taunt him! Make Mewtwo writhe at the name Giovanni! Question his existence, insult his nonexistent mother! I doubt he can narrate properly in a rage. Use that to make a run for it, and HATCH THAT EGG!

Other than Mewtwo being the narrator, isn't it at least a bit odd he has control over Typhlosion? It's Othodox's starter, should he not have some form of control over the thing?

Oh, and may the force be with you Othodox, if that's reassuring in any way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2014
Wait, but how can the Narrator change the story? He just have to recite it, and it is the author's job to write it.

I think Orthodox shouldn't be so scared, since that Narrator just could do crap, and the Author has probably written a happy ending where Orthodox kills that horned Narrator.

So, Orthodox, just stay calm and run away.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
(To the other players: ) Okay have you not seen the past couple things? Did you miss the explanation? The Narrator doesnt control everything but hes pretty much calling the shots right now.
(Command: ) Overly powered beings generally have superiority complexes and/or extreme belief in their infallibility. Try to take advantage of that. Tell the Narrator hes just using the Typhlosion to attack you because hes afraid he cant take you on his own. Make him seem little and weak.

Back