• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A step forward in another direction?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    [css-div="background-color:#FFFFFF;border:solid 1px;height:releitve;"][css-div="float:left;"]
    logo.gif

side-menu.gif
    [/css-div]
    Yes, it does look terrible when featured

[css-div="float:right;"]
    hand.gif
    [/css-div]
    I got some good news today. But before I get to that, and my blog presentation, let me paint a picture for you. My day. Someone actually talking about their life in a blog!? How odd!.I got up today, little more than four hours after I went to bed, then almost fell asleep in the shower. It was quite funny, well, it's funny now at least, but the fright woke me up more than the boiling water crashing down on my back did! But moving on, I got into the car, in this bad mood, only to hear Christmas songs on the radio. Now, I thought to myself for a minute. Christmas? Seems so far away, why would they play that fail music so early? They're trying to make the country which is all ready in debt worry about christmas! Oh lord. So my Dad asked me what I wanted, I hadn't been thinking about it. So I went through a list of the things I needed in my head, a new camera, a piano, clothes etc. etc. Then it hit me that I reheeeaaallly need a new amp for my guitar, as well as a new Wah pedal to play some Hendrix & Satriani songs that have really lacked the "Wah" sound! Let's not divulge any further into a topic dew of you would care about shall we? XD
    School, it was so boring, once again. Things are good in school now though, but the days are so long, and I need a haircut real badly, it's starting to curl around my ears and well, I'm sick of people flicking them! I rather enjoyed most of my school day though, I'll be honest, but what was really the highlight of my day, which shall also explain the blog theme etc. was my English class. Which I'll get to in the end!
    Well, I guess I best speak about some PC related stuff. Recently I talked to Zet about a CSS discussion thread so that others may get help and learn some CSS, rather than making CQ & F threads and vm'ing me and others XD. Glad I finally got it up though, it was well needed in my honest opinion. I've been hacking a lot recently, pretty much doing most of the work alone, though the difficult scripting will be done by Darcy. Really short of good spriters though hint hint. I should have a Fan Fiction coming your way within the next few weeks months years. Something myself and Derk are working on, where we each take a chapter whist closely monitoring each others work. It will be in two parts hopefully, both of which we have planned out. Based on a boy who has lost his soul due to the emptyness of the world, but he only knows this when he wakes up on an island, where an old sage confronts him and speaks of how he must fufill the three parts of his soul to become complete again. This is based on Plato & Aristotle's theory of Duality or Dualism. It's a good story, some treats lined up for you, some great scenes rolling around my head, as well as the fact that there is a lot more depth to it. I'll be honest though, it was first an idea for a hack, but it just fit better within a fanfiction.
    Moving on! POTW is still running for those who said they were interested then completely forgot XD
    I learned a new song on guitar yesterday, didn't want to do anything too difficult so myself and my teacher ran with The Crush Of Love by Joe Satriani -Youtube video. Really fun song to play.
    Anyway, I shall get into the thing I probably should have explained before shall I? :D
    Well in English class today my teacher said she wanted to speak to me after class. She's really nice and I always share my writing with her because there's no one else that can give me honest critisism =[
    So I've shown her stories I've written as well as poems, stuff I haven't posted on PC in fact, stuff I wouldn't post I guess.
    I thought I might have been in trouble or something though, but she told me to enter this competition. It's called the "Sean Dunne Young Writers' Award", where people from the age of 12 to 30 may enter. The overall prize is 2,000 euro as well as some publishing deals and other goods. But if you dont win the overall prize there are age groups too, under 30,under 21 and 16 and younger. So I have a chance to place in those categories too. It's a real chance to get some good work done and possibly get some more doors open. There are three categories also, stories, poetry & plays. Don't know which I should enter but nonetheless I'm really looking forward to get to work! It's a national competition, nothing major but it's still going to be cool. It should push me to writing at the best of my ability!
    Also, MSN is sorta down, I have homework to do yadayada so I might be hard to reach today.
    Also got an A in my worst subject; Biology, life is sweet.
    Fin.

[/css-div]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honey, the word multitalented comes into mind again...

I look forward to that story by you and Derk, and yes enter that competition! Sweeet chance to get attention there, regardless if you win or not ;p

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I didn't exactly want to go technical, it's about the text and not the CSS amirite? XD

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Nooo Maly ;;
    You're supposed to be like "Yay Gavvy posted a moderately sized blog! :D"
    Well, I've written lonnger I guess.

Bay

Years
  • Sorry for commenting late, but I thought the CSS blog is cool and nice looking, but you better do something with the paragraphs. Not sure if you can do in CSS, but double space them! D:

Back