• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A temporary solution

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
    Years
    I use Poccil's Kit... so what? Everyone does. I also use alot of custom scripts, made by people who work with me to create a great game for people to enjoy. Maybe you should try your own game before calling others' games undedicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    EDIT: Also one more thing. As it was said before...most game developers don't get around into releasing demos because they want their games to be perfect. And if you want your game to be perfect, that's what I call dedication. People almost reach the point of releasing a demo, and then they are not satisfied with a piece of interface, or got a new idea, so they delay the demo to work on their game and make it better. This is a better thing than releasing a crappy demo. Making your game better, rather than releasing a rushed demo, makes the "customer" and yourself feel better about the game. After all, who in the world would want to play a crappy, buggy game? If you are so focused on the "customer", then you shouldn't rush into a demo, and a demo shouldn't be your focal point. Because if you actually studied some Business Studies in school you would know that "customers" want a high quality product, and not an incomplete one that sucks. Keep that in mind. You are just constantly contradicting yourself.

Just quoting myself in case you haven't read this.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Just quoting myself in case you haven't read this.
    Yes I totally agree on that, but sometimes it has to be done whether you like it or not. Ok I am a programmer for my High School Robotics team, and I honestly tried to delay our robot going on the field trying to make my code perfect, it never was perfect. Life is not as smooth as you want, problems come up everywhere.

Also there needs to be a balance, beta releases are meant to find bugs also demos are just the surface of the game. Yes people want quality products, but many will get disappointed with all the hype and waiting for years and not getting what they expected

Years
    This isn't about how much progress you've made with your game.

This thread is about whether you're interested in the temporary solution until the actual feature has been programmed and integrated on PC.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    To limit this format to those with a demo available is absolutely moronic. The community is teeming with crappy demos and the like, and most of the quality projects posted are ones which haven't had demos posted.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    I think it all stemmed from the temporary solution discussion on whether or not it should be restricted.

Regardless.

I would love to see the temporary solution implemented until the real deal arrives.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    I'm thinking on using this Avatar, can you send the code to me please =x?

Regarding the demo thing: Even though I DID release a demo, I think it's just ridiculous to private people from that just because they weren't "dedicated". It's hard to get a bugless, sprite complete gameplay done, even if it's a short part of the game. And since there are only like 5 games with demo released, it would be silly to the mods/admins spend their time including that feature to just these 5 people to use it on their thread... Actually, I just think you don't know ANYTHING about the game creation process, you just know the coding theory, ONLY that.

Years
    I don't particularly care about the progress of the game of whoever uses this.
    This is not a competition to measure your ego.

As I've said if anyone wants to use it they can, but I should warn you that as I've stated in the OP it is far from a perfect solution and it does have some bugs.
    If you don't mind you can use it and tweak it however you like.

Years
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

Please take into account that not all users of PC are experts at CSS.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I think it's good that we are upgrading with the hack section instead of a year later :)
    It looks great Avatar.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    Well, it worked really well on my game thread, congrats ^^. Peeky Chew, I know how to use CSS pretty well, but I wouldn't think of a so pratical layout and that also saved me a lot of time, so it's pretty useful.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Well, it worked really well on my game thread, congrats ^^. Peeky Chew, I know how to use CSS pretty well, but I wouldn't think of a so pratical layout and that also saved me a lot of time, so it's pretty useful.
    It is a good layout. Did you have to change it much from the original or was it sound? I want to know before I use it.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    It is a good layout. Did you have to change it much from the original or was it sound? I want to know before I use it.

Nahh, I just needed to remove the achievements part since I don't have any and naturally change the images on it, thats it.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Nahh, I just needed to remove the achievements part since I don't have any and naturally change the images on it, thats it.
    Great. I don't have to wait for Avatar to come back on, I can just copy off Uranium (apart from the colours and stuff obviously).

Years
    If anyone else wants to use it,
    Code:
    [div="border: 1px solid #000; float: right; min-width: 350px; min-height: 100px; padding: 1px; background-color: #999;"][div="background-color: #333; color: #FFF; min-height: 20px; display: block; padding: 5px;"]Game test[/div][div="padding: 5px; background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px;"][IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/DarkChronic/Heart.png[/IMG][/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; padding: 5px;"][URL="#"]Download now[/URL][/div][div="background-color: #666; color: #FFF; min-height: 20px; display: block; padding: 5px; margin-top: 1px;"]Game information[/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Avatar[/div][div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999;"]Author[/div][/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px;; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Team members go here[/div][div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999;"]Team[/div][/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]On hold[/div][div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; border-right: 1px solid #999; max-width: 90px;"]Status[/div][/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px; display: block;"][div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"]Alpha[/div][div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999;"]Release[/div][/div][div="background-color: #666; color: #FFF; min-height: 20px; display: block; padding: 5px; margin-top: 1px;"]Achievements[/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px;"][div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"][B]Award name[/B]
    Description here[/div][div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 90px; border-right: 1px solid #999; min-height: 50px; min-width: 90px;"][CENTER][IMG]https://www.deliciousrocket.com/hiaudy/harhar.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/div][/div][div="background-color: #FFF; margin-top: 1px;"][div="background-color: #FFF; padding: 5px; float: right; min-width: 235px;"][B]Award name[/B]
    Description here[/div][div="background-color: #E0E0E0; padding: 5px; max-width: 50px; border-right: 1px solid #999; min-height: 50px; min-width: 90px;"][CENTER][IMG]https://www.deliciousrocket.com/hiaudy/harhar.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/div][/div][/div]

Back