• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A togepi in your door step.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • [I was kind of wondering this question because some argued that Togepi IS in fact a baby pokemon, and other's don't.]

Say your in a pokemon universe, where of course, pokemon are real. What if right here and now, you hear a doorbell ring from your front door. When you open the door, you look left and right, but no one is there. Then, you look down. You see a togepi, fast asleep in a brown basket with a red blanket over it. Now, at this point, what would you do -- What would you do if you saw a togepi on your doorstep? Would you take care of it, make someone else raise it, or something else?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well... if it's a Togepi, I'm rather conflicted. I've graduated from the school of Pokemopolis, and that place is where "Togepi is an evil life-sucking leech" theory comes from.
    So on one hand, it's evil and manipulative and will first turn me into a zombie-like creature while feeding off my life energy. Then it will get rid of me when it evolves, leaving me to either take a long long time to recover from the effects, stay in a zombie-like state for the rest of my life, or die soon afterward.

On the other hand, it's a Pokemon. And it needs caring for. How can I just leave it there on the doorstep, lost and forlorn as it is? It needs nurturing. And what a chance this is, to have a somewhat rare Pokemon for myself!

Ohgod, it's invading my mind already....

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since I'm a gym leader in the Pokemon world (theoretically speaking), I would raise this lovely Togepi myself, and possibly use it in my gym battles. It's nice to have a random flying-type Togekiss in my team.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've never been a particularly big fan of togepi or its horrendous evolved forms. But being the kindhearted fellow that I am, I'll try to find the poor thing a good home.

Yes, selling the poor thing would give me lots of pocket money. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • There's surely a black market for so-called 'cute, adorable egg-type-dealy' Pokemon isn't there? Off to it the little wretch goes! (I sound like a Dickensian workhouse operator, but I really don't care about Togepi. Like, not. at. all.)

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
  • Even if it was a Derpfish (Stunfisk), I would take care of it, so of course I'd take the Togepi. I'd love to fly on a Togekiss, haha.

EDIT : Though I like Kirbychu's answer LOL

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I'd take care of it.
    It's a baby Pokemon, and if its parents came, I'd give it back.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    "Oh cool, check another off for the Pokédex... now straight to my PC box you go!"

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I would take care of any Pokemon left in my doorstep. Heck, I would even start a day care. I, theoretically speaking, am a Day Care Man in the Pokemon world. I'd take care of that Togepi like its the Pokemon I never had. I would never do breeding though.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Is leaving it in the PC an option?

Just kidding. On a serious note, since in this hypothetical world I would be a Pokemon Trainer and/or Breeder, I suppose I would raise this hypothetical Togepi as my own until it evolved into a Togekiss.

And then I would drop it off at the Daycare and let them finish raising it so that it can give me more hypothetical Togepis.

Years
  • I would take care of it. It is just baby and it needs someone to care for it so I would take very good care of it. I would raise it to be a strong Togekiss too!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd raise the Togepi myself. If I can't, I'd give it to someone else to take care of, namely my sisters or a classmate.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'd thank the kind individual who gave me delightful little creature and prepare it with the utmost care. I'm not sure whether it should be scramble, boiled, or fried... They all sound so delicious!

This, and I'd train it to Level 100 as it attains the full power of a Togekiss. Minus the boiling part, though. *shudders* Though Pokemopolis does have a point... >_>

Spr_4h_175.png

MY GOSH IS THAT THING TINY. -.-

Back