• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Wandering Blaze

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Ok this is my second fan fic. The first one didn't go over so well but I hope this one will be better. Ok I'm gonna start off with the Prologue then I'll post the first chapter. Tell me what ya think.

I took off the prologue cause I thought maybe everybody thought the it sadi everything.

Chapter 1: Tragedy

?Come on Blaze!? Called the young trainer as she sprinted down the hill. Blaze ,a Vulpix, bounded happily after her. As the girl reached the bottom she tripped and tumbled end over end before landing sprawled at the bottom of the hill. She sat up and brushed her long navy hair out of her brilliant gold eyes. She looked around and saw Blaze leap high into the air. The girl held out her arms and caught her little fox friend before she hit the ground. They both laughed and the girl tossed her Vulpix into the air again before setting her down gently on the grass. They both laid there for a while catching their breath and watching the clouds roll by. Finally the girl spoke. ?Guess we should get moving.?

Blaze nodded. ?You?re right.? She replied in Pokemon tongue. The girl seemed to understand though. She got up and allowed Blaze to jump to her shoulder then to her head. She smiled and walked back up the hill. They walked for a few minutes before arriving in a small town. It had that old timey look about it. The girl straitened her navy tunic before entering one of the houses. Inside the house was dark and musty.

The girl lit an oil lamp and called, ?Mother I?m home.? There was no answer. ?That?s odd. Mother is always home by this time.? She shrugged and deposited Blaze on the floor before walking into another room and sitting down on a soft bed. She pulled off her boots and gauntlets then her belt and dagger. It was late and she should have already been in bed but she had lost track of time outside. She yawned and laid back down on the bed. Blaze jumped up beside her. Without even removing her head band or the fire stone around her neck the girl fell asleep.

?Akira. Akira wake up.? The girl stirred. She opened her eyes and saw old man Vesquaz standing there. He looked worried.

Akira sat up and asked, ?Mr. Vesquaz what?s wrong??

?I am afraid your mother is very ill. We found her early this morning out side the chapel.?

Akira leapt up. She pulled on her boots, gauntlets, belt, and dagger then hurried out of the house. Mr. Vesquaz and Blaze followed. It didn?t take long for Akira and Blaze to reach the chapel. Mr. Vesquaz took a little longer though. A group of people were already there. Most of the village from what Akira could see. She pushed her way through them and bent down beside a woman lying on the ground. Everything became quiet. The woman?s eyes were closed and her breathing was shallow. Her beautiful brown dress was damp with sweat. When Akira touched her face the woman opened her eyes. They were a rich green but their color was faded and her eyes were glazed.

?Mother?? Whispered Akira. Blaze whined. The woman looked at her.

?Akira?? She gasped. ?Akira I?m so sorry. I should have told you earlier but I didn?t want you to worry.?

?What do you mean??

Her mother smiled sadly. ?Akira I have been sick for a long time now. I knew my time was short and I didn?t want you to worry.?

There were tears in Akira?s eyes when she replied. ?Mother don?t talk like that. You?ll get better. No sickness has ever beaten you before.?

?Yes I know but...? Her mother coughed violently then said. ?Listen I want you to go on an adventure. Have fun and live life. Take Blaze with you. I want you to be happy. I don?t want you to mope around and feel sorry. I don?t want you to experience the pain of grief.?

Tears streamed down Akira?s face as watched her mother?s eyes glazed and became dull. ?Mother.? There was no reply. ?Mother please wake up. Don?t leave me. Please.? Still there was no reply. Blaze nudged the woman and felt her skin grow cold. She whined again and stepped back. Akira stood up. Before anyone could stop her she had grabbed Blaze and taken off. Outside the village Blaze jumped out of Akira?s arms and ran beside her. They ran and ran. Akira didn?t know where she was going but she didn?t care. All that mattered now was that she got as far away from the village as she could. Maybe if she just kept running she could leave it all behind. Maybe if she just kept moving all the pain would just go away. Eventually they found them selves deep in a forest full of berries and other kinds of fruit. But neither of them was hungry. Akira collapsed from exhaustion. She sat down with her back against a tree and closed her eyes. Blaze laid down beside her. After a few minutes both of them had drifted off to sleep.

Last edited:

Alana

Years
    Sorry I have to double post but I haven't gotten any replies.

Chapter 2: Sorcery

A cool breeze struck Akira?s face making her open her eyes. Beside her Blaze was stirring. She placed a hand on her Vulpix?s head and looked at the dark blue sky. The sun was low in the sky so that meant it was nearly sun set. She stood up and looked around. She had noticed the berries before but she didn?t have a clue where she was. She could hear the sound of rushing water in the distance. Blaze stood up, stretched, and yawned.

?Where are we?? Asked the young fox.

?I don?t know.? Replied Akira nervously. ?I?ve never been this far from home before.? The mention of home made Akira remember why she was out here in the middle of a forest with no idea where she was. She leaned against the tree. Blaze sat beside her and looked around.

?Maybe we should move on.?

?I think you?re right. We still need to get farther away.?

?Where are we going anyways??

?I don?t know. But mother said we should go on an adventure. I think I?m going to find the answer.?

?The answer to what??

?Why people die, and where they go after they die, and...? Her voice trailed off.

?And what??

?And if there?s a way to bring them back.? She finished quietly. Blaze stared at her.

?But. But you can?t bring some one back. It?s just not possible. You know that.?

?I know but I read once that there is a way. it takes alot of power. And not just physical power but mental power as well.?

?Where did you read that?

?In one of fathers old books. You know the ones he told me to never touch no matter what happened.?

?You mean the ones on fighting and sorcery! The fighting I can understand but why the hell did you read the ones on sorcery? You know that?s forbidden. Those books should never have been written. Don?t you remember the legend your father told you before he left??

?Of course I do.?

?Then you must remember what happened to the last person who tried to use sorcery unprepared.?

?Yes I do. But I?ve read all those books and even tried a little.?

?YOU WHAT??

?Oh relax. It was only minor stuff. No one knew.?

?But the fact is that you did it. Do you know the kind of punishment given to those who use sorcery. It?s the most brutal kind. The worst. Any sorcerers left are wanted in every nation. They are hated and feared by most.?

?Stop it. I know everything you?ve told me. I know sorcery and I know the legends behind it. I know it should never be used and that the books shouldn?t have been written. I know the consequences for using sorcery, alchemy, potions. All those things. They?re witch craft. Dangerous, never to be used, and punishable by death. But it can be used for good to. It can heal the wounded, turn a barren dessert into a field of flowers, bring rain to an area plagued by drought, and even revive those that have been lost. It?s all in father?s books. That's why I started learning sorcery rather than burning the books when I first laid eyes on them.?

They were both quiet for a while. Both thinking their own thoughts. Finally Blaze spoke. ?I guess you?re right. Sorcery can be used for both good and evil. For you it would be good. And for what you want to do...well if wanting to bring a pure soul back to life isn?t good then I don?t know what is. I guess what I?m saying is I?m with you all the way.?

Akira scooped up Blaze in her arms and held her close. ?I knew I could count on you. Thanks Blaze.? She put her friend down and stood up. ?Come on. Lets get moving we have alot of work to do.?

Alana

Years
    Thanks Gaia. Don't say its better than yours. I bet yours has gotten more than one reply by now right. Any ways I'm on vacation so its going to take me longer to finish the next chapter. For now heres chapter 3.

Chapter 3: Discovery in Tethala Village

They set off shortly after sun set. Blaze had forced Akira to eat some of the berries while not touching a thing herself. Finally Akira had been forced to turn the tables on her friend. The sky was dark and cloudy throwing everything into shadow. The night air was cool and crisp but neither was bothered by it. The trees were thick around them and with out even a sliver of moon light it was difficult to see where they were going. Twice Blaze had to send a blast of fire into the air to make sure they weren't about to walk off a cliff or into a river. Finally after hours of walking the trees began to thin and the moon peeked around the clouds illuminating the area around them. Akira stopped only long enough to pick up a large stick from the ground. She let Blaze light it. They had agreed it would be a bad idea to use a torch in woods so thick but now it was safe. They moved on searching for a place where it would be safe to stop and rest. Finally they stopped in a clearing and sat down. Blaze lit a fire and Akira pulled out some of the berries they had gotten in the forest. They ate in silence for a while wondering what to do. Finally Akira broke the silence.

"You know I read in one of fathers books that there's a powerful sorcerer living in the mountains to the east. I'm not sure if he's still alive or not but it would be worth paying him a visit if he is."

"Sounds like a good plan to me." Blaze laid down and stared at the moon. Akira got up and moved around collecting more wood for the fire. When she sat down again the moon light caught the stone around her neck making it seem to light up from the inside. Blaze walked over to her. "Hey Akira. Why do you have that fire stone anyways?"

"Huh. Oh this thing. Well it was a gift from father. He said it had the power to make a Pokemon evolve and that some day. Some day it would bring back some one who was lost. I didn't understand what he meant then but I do now. He had the gift of sorcery and he could see the future. He knew mother was going to die and he knew it would be up to me to bring her back."

"You really think he could see the future? Maybe he did have the gift of sorcery but that doesn't mean he was right. How can a stone bring back some one who has died?"

"I dunno. I guess its magic. Probably made with sorcery and disguised as a fire stone. They did a good job." She fingered the stone thoughtfully. It looked like a regular old fire stone except that it's sides, top, bottom, and back had a gold cover. The top of the cover had a small hole and a fine gold chain was strung through it. The chain wasn't very long. It was almost a chocker on Akira but it would have fit Blaze almost perfectly. That was the only thing that ever puzzled Akira about the stone. Why was the chain so small? Her father had never told her. The only thing he had told her about the stone apart from the fact that it would one day bring some one back to life was that she should never ever change the chain. So Akira had done as he had told her. Even though her father had left her she still felt that he loved her. But why he had left she would probably never know. While they pondered this a sparse wind picked up blew Akira's around, ruffled Blaze's fur, and made head band that Akira had taken off dance on the ground. Blaze pounced on it and started playing happily which completely ruined the moment. Akira laughed and grabbed the little fox. "Hey you're going to tare that you know."

Blaze laughed and grabbed the head band in her jaws and shook her head happily. Akira laughed again and grabbed the band. She tied it on around her head and said, "As soon as we get to the next village I'll by you a head band just like this one. Then maybe you'll leave mine alone." They both laughed then Akira doused the fire and got up. "Come on lets get moving again." Blaze grinned and jumped to Akira's head before they set off.

The sun glowed a brilliant orange on the horizon as they entered a small town on the out skirts of the forest. A sign at the entrance read, Tethala Village.

"Tethala Village. Sounds like a cheerful place. Come on." They walked around the small village looking for a shop. Finally they found the, Tethala Supplies Shop. They looked at the merchandise for sale. Akira spotted a stripe of navy cloth that could be used as a head band for Blaze. She used what little money she had to buy it. "It looks good on you."

Blaze looked in a puddle and nodded. "I agree. Now I bare a striking resemblance to you."

"I hope you meant that in a good." They started walking again.

"Maybe, maybe not. It depends. If I think you look like a fox would that be good? Just kidding." She added hastily as Akira tapped the hilt of her dagger. They both laughed.

When they reached the center of the village they saw a group of people gathered around something she couldn't see. Akira and Blaze looked at each other then moved closer. It took a bit of pushing and shoving to get through the crowd but they finally managed it. Blaze jumped into Akira's arms and quivered slightly.

"Settle down." Whispered Akira as they stared at the symbols drawn on the ground. These symbols had popped up several times in some of the old books Akira had read. They were the symbols of sorcery. These particular symbols were used for creation. But simple creation. It used to create things like dolls and flowers. This type of sorcery was also some times referred to as alchemy.

"This is the fifth time this week. I can't figure it out. Whose doing it?" Said a man wearing farmers cloths.

"It must be a sorcerer. But nobody in this village is a sorcerer." Replied an old woman in a pale pink/orange dress.

"A sorcerer." Said Akira quietly.

Blaze looked at her. "It would be best not to ask where you think this sorcerer went. people will get suspicious."

"You're right. Well then plan b."

"What's plan b?"

"Eavesdrop."

"Oh brother." They moved closer. Everyone in the village seemed to be there now. Finally the mayor arrived and after carefully listening to everything the people could tell him sighed.

"There is only one thing to do. Nobody will leave this village until we find the one who drew these symbols. I want guards at every entrance and exit. I am sorry but this is the only way."

Akira and Blaze looked at each other. They could tell they were thinking the same thought. Being locked up until the sorcerer was found. Sorcerers can stay hidden as long as they please. Even after they die people may never have known they used magic. As long as they didn't show any sign of sorcery in public you couldn't tell the difference between the most powerful sorcerer and a common peasant. It was obvious to both of them that they would be here a while. But what really bothered them was that being locked inside a village with every one searching for the slightest sign of magic meant that if Akira wasn't careful she could wined up in very deep trouble. She just had to go about normally and keep her mouth shut. Though she would never tell any one she knew sorcery there were some people that could tell just by hearing you say the word sorcery whether or not you knew magic. They were very rare and specially trainer people called Magic Hunters. She hoped desperately that there were no Magic Hunters in this village.

Akira and Blaze looked around at all the people as they began to set guards at the all the entrances and exits of the town. She shivered slightly and hoping no one had noticed headed for a nearby inn were she could rest and think.

Gaia

I'm ur God
    Years
    again nice job.Though hw does akira know what blaze is saying?Is she like Yellow?Cuz she's been with her for a long time?Or just lucky guesses

Alana

Years
    Yeah its like yellow. She's been with Blaze for a long time so they undersand each other.

Alana

Years
    Heres the next chapter. Enjoy

Chapter 4: The Sorcerer

Three days past and there was no sign of the one who had drawn the symbols. People were starting to give up hope. The security was slacking off and Akira knew that soon they would be lifted all together. Or at least she hoped. When the mayor noticed the slack however he began appointing different people of the town to stand guard. Each of them had a day and a time to stand guard. This ,he assured them, would help stop people from slacking off. On the day he picked new guards Akira was unlucky enough to be buying some food in that part of town. The mayor noticed she carried a dagger and had a Pokemon so he gave her night watches every other day.

"Sir I'm not from Tethala Village. I am a traveler who was locked in when the symbols were found."

"I am sorry child but we need all the help we can get. Even those who do not live in this village. The sooner we get this mess cleared up the sooner we can let the people leave the village again." It was this more than anything that made Akira agree.

Akira and Blaze paced back and forth in front of the southeast entrance. She kept her hand on the hilt of her dagger and she kept all her senses alert. This was her third night on patrol. Well at least she had something to do. But the mayor couldn't keep them all locked up forever. Eventually the food supply in the village would run out and the people would have to leave and get more or starve. Suddenly Akira heard some one approaching. She pulled out her dagger and stood blocking the gate. Blaze was beside her. The stranger held up a hand. In his palm was a ball of bright blue fire. Akira stared. Then she pointed her dagger at the stranger.

"Are you the sorcerer who drew those markings in the soil?" She asked even though she already knew the answer.

"Yes I am." Replied the sorcerer in a cool voice.

Akira stepped forward. "Then you may not leave this village. Turn yourself in or I will be forced to strike." This stuff is so lame. Thought Akira. She had been taught what to say if the sorcerer made an appearance.

From the fire he held Akira could see him grinning. "You do not mean that young one. I can read it in your eyes. You have a mission and you have been trapped inside this village. I have been watching you for many days now young sorceress."

Akira stared at him. Blaze growled the fur on her back on end. "What do you mean sorceress?" Demanded the Vulpix.

"You know very well what I mean little fox."

Blaze growled. Akira stepped in. "Why did you call me a sorceress?"

The sorcerer sighed. "You are stubborn. I called you what you are."

"What makes you think I know magic?"

"I can tell just by the way you say the word sorcerer. It is a talent I am sure you are familiar with."

"Yes I know of it." Muttered Akira.

"We know of your tricks what do you want with us? Are you trying to use black mail? It will not work. Nobody will trust a sorcerer."

"You do young Vulpix."

Blaze looked at him for a moment then said, "That is because she is my friend and I know I can trust her. Now answer my question."

"Very well. I am not here to try to black mail you. All I wish for is to leave this village just like you. I offer a proposition."

"What might that be?" Asked Akira. She knew it was foolish to trust this man. She had no idea who he was or if he used his magic for good or bad. Still she would love nothing more than to leave this village and continue on her quest.

The man smiled. "It is simple. You help me leave the village and I will help you leave the village."

Blaze was intrigued by this. She shared the same feelings as Akira though she was more wary of this stranger. "How can we help you with out having this village put a price on our heads?" Inquired the little Pokemon.

"Yet again there is a simple answer to that. I will..." But the man did not get to finish his answer. There were noises coming from the exit a few feet away. The guard there seemed to have fallen asleep and was being reprimanded. Akira gulped. These were the inspectors. They came around every hour or so to make sure that everything was ok and that none of the guards were slacking off. "Quickly." Said the sorcerer in a low voice. "Raise your dagger. Pretend I have just appeared."

Akira didn't know what else to do. If they were caught talking to this sorcerer rather than trying to stop him the people of the village would accuse her of helping the enemy. Maybe even accuse her of being a sorceress. She raised her dagger and pointed it at the man. Then reading his expression called, "Stop. State your name and your reasons for being here." The sorcerer who had doused the flames in his hand a moment before waited until the footsteps of the inspectors to draw near. Then he threw up a wall of white hot flame around him. He smiled menacingly as Akira dropped her dagger and stepped backward. Shielding her eyes from the blinding light. Blaze rushed forward eyes half closed and seized it. Akira took it and, keeping her eyes shielded, looked up. The inspectors were standing around trying to see through the flames. But they didn't have to see the person conjuring the flames to guess who he was.

One of the inspectors placed his hands around his mouth and shouted as loud as he could, "We've got the sorcerer. He's by the southeast gate." Footsteps could be heard all around as people every where came running.

Another person called, "Hey guard are you ok?"

"I'm unharmed." Replied Akira.

"Alright sorcerer give it up. You can't defeat the whole town." It was the mayor.

The sorcerer looked around at all the people gathered around. Some held swords, others had guns, some had daggers. It didn't matter what they carried everyone of them held some kind of weapon. He grinned then suddenly swung around and punched Akira hard in the stomach. She fell to the ground panting. She didn't have enough breath left to speak. The villagers closed in around them preventing any means of escape. Blaze was snarling and snapping. She lunged for the man but stopped in mid leap. The sorcerer had Akira in front of him her own dagger at her throat. She didn't have enough energy to fight back. Every person stood still watching.

The sorcerer smiled maliciously. "I'd advise that all of you step back a pace or two. You wouldn't want this pore child to get hurt would you?"

Nobody moved or said a word. The mayor was staring from Akira to the sorcerer who held her. The sorcerer pressed the dagger against Akira's throat. A small amount of blood oozed from the place where the dagger penetrated. At the sight of blood Blaze went crazy. She snarled and snapped her jaws. She quivered violently as she ran back and forth in front of the villagers.

"I said step back. I would like to leave this village without blood shed." A drop of blood landed on the hand holding the dagger and he laughed. "Well that wish has been spoiled. I suggest you move before I press harder."

Still nobody moved except Blaze. It seemed that everyone of them was trying to decide what to do. If they moved the sorcerer would escape but the girl would be saved. If they didn't move the sorcerer would not escape but the girl would die. What should they do? The sorcerer pressed down harder making Akira pass out. Her face was pale from the lose of blood. Blaze sat down and howled. That seemed to do it for most of the villagers. Most of them stepped back. A few remained though their faces were white. They looked ready to strike but when the sorcerer moved forward they did nothing.

Outside the gate the sorcerer turned. Akira was still in his grip. "I thank you for your cooperation I do hope none of you take this personally." He turned to leave.

The mayor stepped forward. "Hold it. We have let you pass now release the girl."

The sorcerer turned back smiling. "Oh no no no. I could not do that. You see being a sorcerer means I get lonely rather often. I think this girl will be a wonderful companion." Several of the villagers moved forward including Blaze. He merely raised his hand and the gates began to close. They locked themselves forcing the villagers to hurry to the others only to find them locked too. Only Blaze managed to squeeze through the bars and follow the sorcerer as he moved on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    i just realised. you cant post the next chapter with out double posting. so ill help. its a really good fan fic .keep up the good work alana.

Alana

Years
    Thanks Trainer Phoebe. Ok heres the next chapter.

Chapter 5: Lessons

Once he was out of sight of the village the sorcerer transferred Akira to both arms and sped up looking worried. He had to wanted to hurt her so but the villagers had been more stubborn that he had thought. It didn?t help that he hadn?t counted on her dagger being so **** sharp.

Blaze noticed the abrupt change in the sorcerer and frowned. She had suspected the man to put on a show but after he had cut Akira she was sheer that he wasn?t bluffing. Now she was confused. Was this man their friend or their enemy? She would find out soon enough.

The sorcerer stopped beside a small lake in the middle of a forest. He set Akira down at the waters edge and checked her pulse. It was faint but there. There wasn?t much time. He placed his hand gently on her throat and began to mutter a spell. Blaze came out of the trees and snarled. He ignored her and continued to mutter. There was a flicker of light an he removed his hand. The wound had stopped bleeding and Akira?s face was less pale.

?It?ll take about three more spells before she is completely healed. Then another two to make sure there won?t be a scar. I wish I knew more advanced magic.?

Blaze cocked her head from side to side. ?I?d say you know highly advanced spells.?

?Not really.? Said the sorcerer in a tired voice.

?What do you call that fire you created??

?That?s simple stuff. Fire is one of the first things a sorcerer learns. I?m sure this girl could conger flames.?

Blaze grinned in spite of herself. ?She probably learned that from me.?

The sorcerer laughed quietly. ?I wouldn?t be surprised.? He then began to chant a spell again so Blaze became quiet. The wound on Akira?s neck was beginning to heal which made Blaze come and sit next to the sorcerer. Apparently her trust had been regained.

?Why don?t you use quick spells? You know like the one for fire. That just takes the spark of the mind doesn?t it??

?Yes it does. But as I said I don?t know that kind of magic. I know a chant for healing but it?s mild healing so it has to be repeated many times to heal a serious wound like this.?

Blaze nodded. ?Well I hope it doesn?t take long. From Akira?s expression it looks like your spell doesn?t relieve pain.?

?No it doesn?t. But it sure takes the strength out of me.? He replied as he started the chant again. Three spells later the sorcerer was exhausted. It seemed he had used every ounce of energy to heal Akira. It was impossible to tell that Akira had been in risk of knocking on deaths door just a few hours before. The sorcerer laid down and Blaze curled up next to Akira.

She didn?t fall asleep until Akira rolled over onto her side and whispered, ?Go to sleep you crazy fox. I?m alright.?

Blaze grinned. ?Good night to you to.? She yawned.

The sorcerer woke up before either of the others. It took him a minute to remember why he was lying on the bank of a river. Then he sat up and looked around. Akira and Blaze were still asleep and Akira seemed to be fine. He sighed and stood up. He walked over to the sleeping girl and shook her gently. Akira opened her eyes slowly. She didn?t recognize the person who had awakened her but she knew who he was. She sat up and looked him over. It was obvious he was doing the same. He seemed to be around eighteen. This surprised her. She had thought he was much older. He wore a cloak over a black t-shirt and faded jeans. His hair was coal black and his eyes were dark green. Though she was surprised at how young he was it seemed he was more surprised at her age.

?How old are you?? He asked curiously.

?I?m thirteen and you??

?Eighteen and a half to be precise.?

Akira smiled. ?So I guess not all sorcerers are old enough to be my grandfather.?

This made the sorcerer laugh. ?True but only the sorcerers old enough to be a grandfather have powerful magic. That?s why they?re so famous.?

Akira nodded. ?Makes sense. They would have had the most training. Speaking of which. I?m looking for an old sorcerer who lives in the east. Since you?re a sorcerer maybe you could help us find him.?

The man thought for a moment then nodded. ?Yes I have heard of him. He is said to be a powerful sorcerer. It would be an honor to meet him but I?m afraid that his location has been kept secret. He is not found of publicity.?

Akira sighed. ?I was afraid of that. Well at last we know he?s still alive.? She looked at the young man and smiled slightly. ?You know magic. I?ve learned some from books but I don? have any with me. It?s to dangerous to carry books on sorcery.?

He grinned. ?So you want me to teach you as much sorcery as I can correct??

?Yep.?

He shook his head. ?I don?t know much I promise you. Like you I learned all I could out of books. But if you never finished learning from books then I will teach you what I can.?

?Great. But first I should introduce myself. I am Akira Cubon and this is Blaze.? She scratched her Vulpix?s ears affectionately.

?I?m Michel Alsper. Well now that we?ve been introduced lets get started. First you need to tell me what you already know.?

?Well I know some fire magic, a little alchemy, and some simple potions.? She knew more than this but it was stuff she had discovered on accident so she figured it didn?t matter.

?Then we?ll start with healing. I only know basic healing. It requires a spell to work. But you also have to be focusing. More advanced healing spells only require you to use your mind but I don?t know any. Alright first you need to learn the chant.? He recited the chant he had used earlier. Akira listened carefully then tried to recite it. She messed up several times but practiced and practiced until she had the chant memorized.

?Good. Now you have to focus your mind. Let?s see.? He looked around and picked up a stick. He snapped it in half and handed it to Akira. ?Here this should be good to practiced on. It?s easier to heal things that are no longer living or things like trees and plants so it?s good practice.?

Akira placed the pieces of wood together, placed her hand on the wound as Michel instructed, then recited the chant. The first try was a failure. Nothing happened. Michel told her she had to focus her mind on the stick.

?Think of the two pieces as one not two.? Akira nodded and tried again. This time there was a small burst of light and her hand felt warm. She removed her hand and saw that the stick was whole again. ?Good. Now try again.? They spent a couple of hours finding different objects for Akira to practice on. Finally Michel said he thought she was ready to try it on skin.

?Skin? But none of us is wounded.?

Michel smiled and moved his cloak off his arm. ?Give me your dagger.? He held out his hand.

Akira started. ?What are you gonna do, cut yourself??

?Yep.? Before she could protest he had snatched the dagger and in one quick movement cut a deep gash in his arm. He held his arm out to her.

Akira?s hand shook slightly as she placed it over the wound. She closed her eyes and began the chant. ?Let this wound that now causes you pain disappear. Heal and be gone. Do not plague this soul any longer, heal and be gone.? She opened her eyes. The cut looked a little better but it wasn?t healed.

?Don?t be discouraged. With this spell you may have to repeat the chant five times before the wound is fully healed.?

Akira looked at him. His face was white from blood lose. She grimaced. She didn?t want to risk having to perform the spell five times. She placed her hand over the cut again and began her own version of the spell. ?Let this wound be healed and let the pain recede. Let this plague of the flesh and blood vanish and remove all traces from the skin. Let this wound be healed and let the strength return.? Michel was looking at her with an odd expression on his face. Akira felt a slight jolt inside her as a small blast of bright gold light erupted from her hand. She removed it to find the wound completely healed and no trace of it was left.

Michel flexed his hand looking at his arm. Then he looked at her his face impassive. His eyes gave him away though. Akira was startled to see that he seemed to be scared. ?How did you do that?? He asked. His tone was light and easy but his eyes remained wary.

?I just did the same thing you taught me only with a different chant.? She shrugged. ?Is something wrong?? Blaze walked up to her and sat down staring at Michel curiously.

Michel shrugged. ?No nothings wrong. Good job.? He reached in his pocket and pulled out a pocket watch. ?Let?s leave it there for now. It?s getting late and we should get some rest.?

Gaia

I'm ur God
    Years
    Gawd I haven't been here for a while Alana gret work! Ur spelling is quite good so is the describing

Alana

Years
    Sorry it took so long to finish this chapter. The next one will be quicker.

Chapter 6: The Bandits

When Akira and Blaze woke up the next morning they discovered that Michel had left. He had left a note though. ?Sorry to leave with out telling you good bye but I have business else where. Keep training bye, Michel.?

?He?s lying.? Commented Blaze. ?It?s because you made up your own spell. He?s scared of your abilities.?

?For once I agree with you. But why was he so scared when I made up that healing spell??

?I bet it?s not something your everyday sorceress in training can do.?

?What, you think I have some special power??

?Yes I do. And it?s not just me. He did too and it scared him.?

Akira fingered the fire stone around her neck. She remembered something her father had told her long ago. ?Your destined for great things Akira. You will bring the war between two worlds to an end. But in order to do this you will have to give up something.

?Like what papa??

?I can not tell you that. But with the help of a dear friend and the help of this stone you will be able to get it back.?

?Papa I still don?t understand.?

Her father had smiled and patted her on the head. ?Don?t worry dear. You will, you will.?

?Akira?? Said Blaze uncertainly.

Akira looked at her. ?Hmm??

?I asked you what you were thinking about.?

?Oh. I was just thinking about what father told me.?

?About the fire stone??

?No. After he gave me the stone he told me that I was destined for great things. That some day I would bring an end to a war between two worlds, but that I would have to give up something. I?m guessing he meant that I would bring back mother. I don?t get how that would end a war though.? She smiled. ?He also said that with the help of a friend I would be able to get it back.?

Blaze grinned slyly. ?Who do you think he meant by that?? She asked in mock puzzlement.

Akira grinned to and picked up the young Vulpix. ?Hmm. I?d guess it?s small, red, sarcastic, loves to ask stupid questions, and is the best friend I?ve ever had.? Blaze yipped and Akira tossed her into the air and caught her again.

They moved on after scrounging up some breakfast. Akira let Blaze ride on her shoulder while she walked. Eventually Blaze fell asleep and Akira had to shift her to her arms due to the fact the she kept falling off.

They hadn?t traveled long when they arrived at a small camp of people. There was a fire burning and small pot hung over it. There was the smell of food in the air that was smelled so nice it even woke up Blaze. Neither of them had had a proper meal since they had left their home town. There had been so much going on and so much planning and worrying they had hardly even thought about food. But now the smell reminded them of how hungry they were. As they approached the camp one of the men looked up. When he saw them he stood up and walked over to them.

?Hullo youngin.? He said in a friendly Voice. ?Might I ask what a young lass like yourself is doin so far from home??

?I?m on a journey with my friend Blaze.? Replied Akira. She was slightly wary of this man. Not because he was being so nice but because he kept staring at the fire stone around her neck.

?A journey ay? Well then ye must be hungry. We got some chicken stew cookin. How bouts you and ye tiny friend come and have a bite to eat.?

Blaze jumped back onto Akira?s shoulder and muttered. ?We should be careful. These people may seem friendly but I don?t think they really are. If you ask me they look like a bunch of bandits.?

Akira patted Blaze fondly and said, ?Of course you can have some. I wouldn?t let you go hungry.?

The man laughed. ?So your friend wants her share as well. don?t worry foxy we won?t leave you out.? The man turned around and started walking back to the camp. Akira held her hands over her mouth so none of them could her laughing. Blaze had a look of murder on her face from being called foxy. The man stopped by the biggest man and muttered something, then smiled and beckoned Akira over. She sat down beside him and accepted a bowl of stew. The other people paid her no mind and just ate and talked among them selves. The stew was as good as it smelled. Even Blaze ate some though she refused to take any from the man they had talked to.

?Shy little fox.? He commented.

?Not really. She?s just a little sore about being called, foxy.?

The man guffawed and said, ?Tell the little fella I said sorry.?

Akira grinned and Blaze shoved her nose into her bowl of stew. She raised her head and licked her muzzle. ?Oops.?

The man guffawed again. He wiped his eyes and said, ?That little Vulpix is feisty one.?

Akira patted Blaze making her scowl and said, ?Well sometimes. She?s just fond of holding grudges.? They ate in silence for a while. Blaze curled up and went to sleep beside Akira. After she had finished eating she talked to the man who had invited them to share a meal.

?So where ye from lassy, if you don?t mind me asking.?

?From Secara Village.? She replied.

?Secara Village? I?ve never heard of that place. Must be a ways from here.?

?It is. At least I think it is. I?m following what ever path I can find. For all I know I could walk through those woods and be home.?

The man chuckled. ?No need to worry about that lass. So do ye be needing any directions??

?Yes we do. Just tell us where the nearest town is.?

The man pointed through the woods to the east of them. ?Ye go that way for a while. Once ye go about a mile you?ll reach a river. Follow it north-west and it?ll take ye to Masquell Town.?

Akira listened and nodded. ?What about that way?? She pointed to a small section of woods to the west.

?There be no need to go that way. It?s nothin important.? Akira knew there was no reason to go that way but, it seemed as though something was calling her. She shrugged and nodded. ?So tell me lass. Why did a young thing like yeself leave home to go on a journey??

Akira shrugged again. ?I?m lookin for my dad. He left on a journey one day and never came back.?

?That weren?t very nice of him. Leavin his daughter to go on a journey.?

Akira thought for a moment before answering. ?No it wasn?t but he said he?d be back soon. Only he never did. I think something happened. He never broke his word to anyone. If he said he was going to do something then he did it.? Their conversation ended there because another man had come up and started talking to her friend. He nodded and the other left.

?Sorry about that lassy. So what be your name??

?I?m Akira. And you??

?I be Jerald but everyone calls me Jerry.? He looked at the darkening sky. ?Ye goin to be campin here tonight??

Akira shook her head. ?No I?d better be moving on.? She stood up and poked Blaze who sat up and yawned before jumping to her shoulder. ?Thank you for the food. Maybe I?ll pass this way again.? She turned to leave.

?Hold on lassy.? Akira turned. ?I been meaning to ask you. What is that thing hangin around your neck.?

Akira put her hand around the stone. ?Just a token from my father. He gave it to me before he left.?

?It sure is a pretty thing. Mind if I see it?? His tone changed slightly. Akira didn?t like this. She had guessed that they were bandits and Blaze?s suspicions had confirmed her own thoughts.

?I?m sorry. But it means alot to me. I hardly ever even let my mother hold it.?

?I?m not gonna harm lass. I just want to see it.?

Akira began to move away. Blaze?s fur was standing on end. ?I?m sorry no. Like I said I hardly ever let my mother...? She turned to go but found her path blocked. The man who had been talking to Jerry earlier was standing there cracking his knuckles.

?Go on lass. Let him see da stone.? He said in a deep grunt.

Akira placed her hand on her dagger. ?Step aside and I will leave. If you do not I will strike.? Her tone was calm but her heart was pounding furiously. She knew she didn?t have a chance.

The thief laughed. ?Na lass you be da one to move. After ye give us da stone that is.? Akira looked quickly around. He was blocking the way to Masquell Town. That was the way they expected her to go. Well in that case she?d have to go the other way. She made as though to run to the left towards the woods that led to the town. The thief tried to grab her but Akira swerved right and took off towards the path Jerry had said not to go. ?Catch her!? Shouted the big thief. Akira moved faster. As soon as her feet hit the path she got an odd feeling in her stomach. As though something bad was going to happen . She shivered but did not stop running.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    ooh!exciting!dont hurry with the next chapter but try to get it here as soon as possible!

Alana

Years
    I'm not sure about this chapter. It was so hard to write. And I'm not sure if the ending is very good. But it was hard. And I knew I couldn't draw it out any longer. So here it is. Tell me what you think.

Chapter 7: Akira?s Sacrifice

No matter how fast she kept running. No matter how many times she ran off the path they jus kept following her. The just kept coming. Akira could see light ahead. they were almost out of the woods. If she made it out maybe she could make it to a town or a camp. One of the thieves lunged at her. She dodged but tripped and fell down. Blaze leapt and sank her teeth into the thief that had tried to grab her. He yelled and threw her off. Blaze snarled and lunged again. By this time Akira was on her feet again. She grabbed the young fox and ran off again. The light ahead was growing larger every second. They were almost there. Then they were out of the woods and the bright light of the sun blinded them momentarily. As soon as she could see Akira stopped dead. She had almost run right off a cliff. She moved closer and looked over the edge. She winced and backed up. The cliff she was standing on was very high off the ground. She could see the other side in the distance. She knew jumping was quite out of the question. The bottom wasn?t visible. It seemed like you would just fall forever. Akira could hear the thieves getting closer. She turned around thinking she could run back into the woods, but it was too late. Jerry and the other thieves were already out of the woods.

They approached and Jerry said, ?Didn?t I tell ye lass. You don?t wanna go this way. But ye wouldn?t listen. Now hand over the pretty stone around your neck before we throw you off the cliff.?

Blaze jumped out of Akira?s arms. ?You will do no such thing!? She howled. The thieves laughed.

?You think your little puppy can save you??

Blaze growled. The fur on her back stood on end. She ran toward and tried to sink her teeth into the large thief's leg. He laughed and kicked out. Blaze whined and landed a few feet away.

?Blaze!? Shouted Akira as she ran towards the young Vulpix. She picked her up and muttered. ?Are you alright.?

Blaze whined again and licked Akira?s face. ?I?ll be alright. Just run. Get away from here.? Two of thieves had pulled out daggers and were drawing nearer. Akira removed the fire stone and placed it beside Blaze, then she pulled out her dagger and faced the thieves.

?I won?t let you come closer. You?ve threatened the item most important to me and now you?ve hurt my best friend. So come and fight me if you will!? She shouted holding the dagger out in front of her. It glowed slightly with blue-gold light. The color of Akira?s sorcery noted Blaze. She forced herself to her feet and stood ready behind Akira, protecting the stone.

The thieves seemed unnerved by the glowing dagger. They hesitated and looked back at their boss. He glared at them. This made up their minds. They charged Akira with their daggers raised. Akira dodged the first one and blocked the other. She swung the blade around and swiped at the man. He moved back as the other lunged forward. Akira swerved out of the way.

Blaze mean while had recovered some of her strength. She spotted two other thieves holding daggers running at Akira. She snarled and ran at them. She managed to sink her teeth into one of the men?s arm. He shouted and dropped the dagger. Blaze let go of him and attacked the other. He yelled when she bit him but didn?t let go of the dagger. He shook his arm as hard as he could but couldn?t make Blaze let go. Finally he dropped the dagger and grabbed Blaze with his other hand. He started to pull her off but she let go and bounded off to help Akira. She had defeated the two thieves she was fighting by that time. She turned around and spotted Blaze. She smiled then looked behind the young fox.

?Blaze look out!? Cried Akira as one of the thieves advanced with his dagger held ready to kill. Blaze snarled and leapt out of the way. But she leapt to far. She hit the edge of the cliff. Akira watched in horror as her friend struggled to hold onto the edge. She ran forward. Blaze pulled herself up but the thief was getting closer. He and Akira reached Blaze at about the same time. The man kicked at the young Vulpix but Akira knocked her friend out of the taking to force of the blow herself. She grabbed for the edge of the cliff but it wasn't there. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw her friend get up and run forward. ?Blaze!? Screamed Akira as she fell into the dark abyss.

?Akira!? Blaze threw herself forward stopping just before she left the cliff. ?Akira!? She called again tears streaming from her eyes. But there was no answer. Her best friend was gone. It took a minute for Blaze to realize the thieves were still behind her. Two of them were moving closer and Jerry was bending over something on the ground. Blaze recognized it as the fire stone Akira had taken off earlier. She didn?t even think about what she was doing. All Blaze knew was that they were going to pay and soon. She darted over to Jerry and snatched the fire stone from his hand. She snarled and left a long gash in his side with her claws before taking off into the woods. Tears were still poring down her face but she didn?t seem to notice. She had no idea where she was going or what she was going to do once she got there. All that mattered right now was getting away from the thieves and the cliff. She didn?t stop until well after night fall. She was in the middle of a large meadow. It?s grasses were blowing gently in the night breeze. The young Vulpix sat down under the clear sky and stared up at the moon. She dropped the fire stone and howled. The tears which had stopped began to fall again. ?Why?? She asked the night. ?Why did you take the fate meant for me Akira?? She shouted to the night. ?Akira.? She sobbed. ?Akira. Why did you have to go??

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    *cries* so sad! true friend friend there a true bond between beings! bravo!

Alana

Years
    I'm sorry it took so long for this one. I had a bit of writters block and plenty of other things But anyway heres the new chapter. The title isn't the best for this one but it'll do.

Chapter 8: The New Quest

It took Blaze several days to fully accept that her friend was gone. She kept looking over her shoulder expecting to see Akira walking towards her but she never was. The shock and pain sent her into an intense depression. She hung around the meadow for days on end only leaving to find food. She didn?t have much will to live any more and after about a week she simply stopped eating. She no longer cared about anything really. She was weak from hunger. She was in a state of incurable depression. Nothing mattered any more, until a few days after she quit eating that is.

Blaze was lying under a large tree just staring out at the meadow. The fire stone that she had picked up before running away from the cliff was lying in front of her. To Blaze this day was no different from any of the others that had come since Akira?s death. The weather was beautiful but the young fox didn?t seem to notice. Because she had not been eating of drinking Blaze was weak, hungry, and severely dehydrated. If she did not pull herself together soon she would die. Blaze knew this but didn?t care.

A light breeze played with her dirty fur. She raised her head and pricked her ears. Akira had always said the wind could talk and that people could hear it if they simply listened. Blaze thought she had an over active imagination but just then she could have sworn she?d heard a voice calling in the distance. She twitched her ears trying to hear it again. Another gentle gust of wind blew through the meadow. This time Blaze sat up wide awake and alert. She was sure she had heard it. A voice soft and soothing calling to her. But it sounded scared too. She stood trying to hear it again. Suddenly a powerful gust of wind hit Blaze full in the face lifting her off her feet and hurling her into the tree behind her. She braced herself against it as the wind swirled through the trees and sent the meadow into a giant stage of dancing grass. The fire stone in front of Blaze suddenly burst into light blinding the young fox. She howled and leapt away from the stone. She shook her head growling and yipping like a rabid animal. The wind was still blowing strong and Blaze was being pushed backward. She heard the clinking of metal and saw the fire stone being swept away. She howled again and tore after it but the wind was too strong she couldn?t fight it with the condition she was in. She leaned into it only one thing on her mind. That stone had been Akira?s. She had treasured it since she was a young child and Blaze no more than a lost pup.

?I won?t let you take it from me.? She muttered as she strained against the wind. She could hear the voice again echoing all around her but she couldn?t make out what it was saying. She didn?t care though. All that mattered was getting hold of that stone. ?You won?t.? She muttered again. The chain had been caught on the branches of a low bush at the other end of the meadow. ?I won?t let you.? She was halfway there but with every step the winds strength seemed to increase. It was as if the was another force at work here doing everything it could to prevent her from reaching the stone. Eventually it was too much for the young fox to bare. She collapsed and watched helplessly as the bush in which the stone was tangled, was bashed around nearly being ripped out of the ground.

Blaze?s eyes stung and she shook the tears away. But she knew there was no way to reach the other end of the meadow in time. But she wasn?t going to let that stop her. She forced herself to her feet still muttering. Maybe if she hadn?t been so desperate to get the stone back she would have found it odd that the wind was blowing at her but the bush in which the stone had been caught was being blown away from her. As she struggled towards it her strength failing all the time Blaze felt something odd. She had been morning for so long wishing the pain of losing Akira would just go away. That her life would end so that she wouldn?t have to face it any more. But now she was putting everything she had trying to protect the only part of Akira she had left. Knowing this gave her strength and she managed to gather all of her strength for one final attempt. She folded her legs under her then launched herself into the wind. It worked she landed right on the bush. The moment her paw touched the stone the wind died. Blaze fell backwards and lay and the cool grass panting. The fire stone lay on her chest.

After a few minutes Blaze struggled to her feet again. She nosed the fire stone until she managed to flip it around her neck. It fit almost perfectly. She dragged herself to a nearby lake and drank until she was no longer thirsty. Then she ate all the berries she could find. After that she was thirsty again so she took another drink before diving into the lake. She came up with a yip. Once she had crawled out of the water she shook her wet fur and looked towards the sky. The fire stone swung gently from side to side as she said, ?Akira I know that you?re out there some where. And I won?t stop until I?ve found a way to bring you back. You said yourself it?s possible. So now I?m on a whole new quest. And nothing will stop me from completing my journey.?

Back