• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: A way to change username?

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    When I registered here in April '12, I was still a big noob.
    And my username actually sucks, so my question is: Is there a way to change it?

Greetz,

Leafgreen2.

Sirfetch’d

Unfortunately username changes were removed as stated in this thread so you will have to create a new account to have a new name. Sorry :(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Unfortunately name changes are unavailable due to the stress they put on our server. What you can do though if you wish to post here under a different username, is to make a new account. It might be bit of a harsh solution, but setting up a new account is relatively quick and very easy! If you'd like any further information about why name changes were disabled, take a look here.

If you have any more questions feel absolutely free to ask them. I would be more than happy to help you out! c:

Years
  • Unfortunately username changes were removed as stated in this thread so you will have to create a new account to have a new name. Sorry :(

Unfortunately name changes are unavailable due to the stress they put on our server. What you can do though if you wish to post here under a different username, is to make a new account. It might be bit of a harsh solution, but setting up a new account is relatively quick and very easy! If you'd like any further information about why name changes were disabled, take a look here.

If you have any more questions feel absolutely free to ask them. I would be more than happy to help you out! c:

Yeah it's what these two said, if you want a new name at this point you'll have to just make a brand new account I'm afraid. The reason name changes were disabled was due to server stress, and they have been disabled for around 3-4 years now.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Staff was thinking of bringing this back in the past and even gave name changes out to some (at the time) lower staff members, they later decided to not go forward with plans to bring it back.

So basically, other then a couple of lucky staff members getting a name change a year ago, name changes have been disabled since early '10.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    You can apply for a new account if you need a name change.
    Sadly from what I know of, total posts and Emblems cannot be transfer to a new account.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'll be more than happy to transfer your emblems over to your new account if you decide to make one. Just give me a shout and I'll be happy to do it for you. c:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    This is coming from a guy who changed accounts in the past, I'm telling you: swapping accounts is a waaay better way to hide your old noobity. Fortunately, you don't seem to have much posts or any emblems, so you don't have to go through any hassle.

That being heard I think you can go on with switching accounts, no harm.

Years
  • Staff was thinking of bringing this back in the past and even gave name changes out to some (at the time) lower staff members, they later decided to not go forward with plans to bring it back.

So basically, other then a couple of lucky staff members getting a name change a year ago, name changes have been disabled since early '10.
    I'm pretty certain the name changes performed on some of the moderators last year were a test to see if the server was able to cope with them, in which it wasn't as in all the instances the tests occurred, PC was down for several hours at a time. However, I may be wrong considering I wasn't on staff at the time they happened.

Years
  • I'm pretty certain the name changes performed on some of the moderators last year were a test to see if the server was able to cope with them, in which it wasn't as in all the instances the tests occurred, PC was down for several hours at a time. However, I may be wrong considering I wasn't on staff at the time they happened.

The three at-the-time staff members in question who had name change tests done on them were Forever, Mac and Livewire. The server sadly crashed after each test was conducted and so name changes still remain disabled today. In each one's case, Forever had her name changed to Requility (only to change back in September last year), Mac had his shortened from his original name (Mac of York) while Livewire originally had numbers and an underscore in his name (Live_wire466) but those were removed, so it basically became just Livewire.

But still, name changes will still be disabled for now.

Back