• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A wild idea!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hi guys, I don't know if anybody thought about this but anyway
    Why don't Nintendo and Game Freak make the ultimate Pokemon game
    It would feature all the five regions, you get to choose to start from any region you want and then you start your journey through all regions.
    I know the game would be so big but still it would be an amazing game
    so what do you think?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Sounds like a wild idea.

Yeah, this has been pretty much suggested by a load of people already. I personally feel that this could only work on a non-handheld console (i.e. the Wii or Wii U).

I doubt it'll ever happen though. It would cost a lot to produce and it might not be as profitable as it would need to be, which may discourage Nintendo/Game Freak from even considering it.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • This is a refreshing idea.

Anyway, like said above, may not be worth it. Honestly, if it was all the same regions and nothing really new about them, I wouldn't pay for it. I'd just play those games I already paid for.

They already did the next best thing - took all important trainers from said regions all in one tournament.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Moved this to Pokemon Gaming Central as this doesn't pertain to Black 2 or White2, nor does it specify any other game.

However, i don't think they'll be making a game like this anytime soon. Personally, I wouldn't buy the game if they did. That's just a little...too much, ya know? :c

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Once a wild idea, sure. Overdone, common idea now. Lots of people post this type of thread, I'm afraid. I've lost count of how many times I've see the same idea. But yeah idk...having all five regions in the game and such would take the charm out of having the other games, in a sense. Plus, I don't think a DS cart could fit all that, or even a 3DS cart, but that kind of stuff isn't my forte, so I can't be 100% sure. But that would be a lot to cram in. idk. It'd kind of defeat the purpose of all the other main games.

Years
  • I don't know if it'd be amazing considering it's much like the original games but all together. Unless they did something different or unique like completely removing the gyms or having a great plot, I wouldn't be interested in such a game.

And like Sydian said, I think it's just too much for a DS cart and would most likely need something that can store a lot more memory or data, but don't quote me on any of this hardware talk. D:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Going with what the others said, making a game with all 5 regions may be a bit too much. There might not be enough space in the game card to fit in all the region data.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I think a game with all five regions is a terrible idea. You'd beat region one with your team who are probably all level 40+, or a few Pokemon who are like 60+, then move onto the next region, where every trainer would also need high leveled Pokes or you'd OHKO everything. Anyone get what I mean? I think another game with a post-game like FireRed would be awesome, though. You make your way through the main region, then get to explore a new region "close" by. Not a big region, but one the size of all of Sevii, and then after that you could go to someplace like the Orange Islands for additional challenges.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    Well well, as a matter of fact I am planing to do that but with a interesting connection between the regions
    well ill just paste what i wrote :
    "Hello

I am a big pokemon fan of the anime and gaming and I have a idea/dream that I hope will come true sooner or later. Well lets start.
    Think of an utopia where all 5 regions are combined into one game ( such as S/G/C or HG/SS)but with all 5 regions Johto => Kanto trough the way that is in the game,Kanto => Honnen by boat and so on. Well to do this I need all your help from programing to just ideas. Whell All the pokemon will have an infection ( by Genesect), which will change/modify their types,atacks and in some cases even stats.Giovannis top 2 guys will become leaders of Magma and Aqua after you beat team rocket in Kanto and so on,You can catch all the pokemon but Gen I pokemon in Kanto,Gen II in Johto and so on. So I ask you from my heart to help me in any way you can ( p.s: i am learning the C++ language so I can make a program that can have all 5 regions and so on , but any help would be just excellent if it is from just a hint to sounds or program suggestions or even doing SOME work for me) I will be eternally grateful and your names will be in the game,depending from your help)

Thank you for any help what so ever and If you want more info about this just ask

BEST REGARDS
    Zane ^^ a.k.a. KageKyouRyuu"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The idea was presented to masuda during an interview and i believe he said what the common answer here seems to be. The handheld devices cannot hold that much data and would most likely have to be made for a home system which when asked if game freak intended to make just a home system game, he said no. Masuda is against a home system game becaus pokemon were made for travel and physical connection. Going out and meeting others. Sure we have gts now, but that was made to link countries together not neighbors and small communities.

Since the director is against the idea of a main game on a home console and the current game cards not being large enough for all the regions, we may never get a game like this. We may get another dream worldesque thing for future games, but there is a nearly invisible chance that we'll get a huge all region game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Plus it's just simple marketing sense. Why put everything in one game and then hurt sales of newer games with less regions instead of do the same thing as before; that is, introduce a new region every gen and at most keep to two regions at most (and in GSC they were smaller than the average region and there's the claim they were intended to be end games too). That method's sold millions of games every gen too, so there's no reason to make a all-regions game

Plus there's other issue too (e.g. levelling; what happens by say the third region?)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Not to mention the quality would go down the toilet for the sake of quantity anyway..

And yeah, people have been suggesting this every other week for a decade at least. It doesn't seem interesting at all after thinking about it for 10 minutes.

It sounds like a waste of work and development time, which could be used for something more creative.

Years
  • i tink it would be great, but you would have to level up slowly otherwise you would hit lvl. 100 before you finished the game

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Cool idea but that would require them to want to change their game mechanics.

Pothus

The Necromancer
    Years
  • The perfect Pokemon game, in my opinion would have to be (Like your idea) all five regions, but with 'Skyrim' graphics. If somehow, someway they could make that I wouldn't hesitate paying more then $200.00 USD for it.

Years
  • In my opinion, this would be an AWESOME Pokemon game. It would be perfect if it could utilize the gen 5 graphics and could use the Pokemon Stadium battle system :)

Back