• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Wild Najito Appeared!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Hi, Pokemoniacs!

Allow me to introduce myself briefly.

I've been playing Pokemon since generation one. My 1st ever game was Yellow version as a gift from mom, along with a PINK Gameboy Color, for getting an A+ on my math test. She knew how badly I wanted to play Pokemon - I could only watch the cartoon and dream of playing it for months.

Obviously, that was the happiest day of my life! Quickly got addicted to it and I'd swear I used to play it 12 hours a day! (Mom was clearly unhappy lol) but I still did get good grades. :)

After beating the game, I wondered how I was going to complete the Pokedex. Lots of pokemon habitats were unknown on the device! :o

Later, I found out that I needed, not one, but TWO other versions to complete it, Red and Blue. That was a disaster, cuz none of my friends played the game, so trading was not an option. (No wireless communication yet in 1999) lol.

I eventually convinced my lil' brother to play the game. I really couldn't care less if he liked it or not - he better just buy Blue or Red and trade me the missing Pokemon! So, he did buy Blue after all. Three days later, he said he was bored of the game and wanted to return it. I screamed no! He didn't even beat Misty yet! I want that Electabuzz so bad! Eventually, I convinced him to trade his game with me for my skateboard.. :(

Yeah, I was THAT dedicated to my cause. Anyway, the deal went through and I got half of the missing pokemon. Now, I want Red to get the other half. I knew he wasn't buying it, nor is my mom going to for me. So, I decided to save my daily allowance from Dad for it. After long two months of saving and missing out on twinkies and candy, I finally had the money for it! I ran to the only game shop in the neighborhood to get it and there was the disaster... All generation 1 games were sold out and there won't be any future restocks; Gold and Silver were already released. lol

And wasn't this supposed to be a brief introductory? Crap. lol

Anyway, thought I'd at least finish up with some memorable moments during my generation one gaming as a lil kid. :p

Notable achievements:

- Getting out of Rock Tunnel without TM05 Flash on Yellow.
    - One-hit KO'ing LT. Surge's Raichu with Pikachu's slam (no critical hit). Guess my Pikachu's level was pretty high lol.
    - Catching Mewtwo with a Great Ball.

Epic failure moments:

- Failing to catch Moltres. One Pikachu Thunderbolt took it down and I forgot to save before I entered Victory Road.
    - Failing to Catch Articuno because of a scumbag full Box.
    - On Yellow, I only found out about the Squirtle giveaway from Officer Jenny AFTER I had beaten the game.

There's a lot more, but I'm running out of time. lol

Some thoughts on the current generation:

- Emboar is the worst starter I ever picked. I swear he's so bad, there r no silver linings. Should have dumped him for Arcanine when I had the chance to.
    - Generation 5 has some really bad Pokemon in the sense of designing. I think it's the worst of them all.
    - Too many legendary Pokemon? I think there's like 17 who you can actually catch in-game?

And I better stop here. lol

I look forward to get to know the community here. I have loads of questions. Where can I post them? Thanks!

Najito,

Years
    Hey there and welcome Najito. :3 First off, might I ask you where you got this name? It seems awesomely japanese. :D

Also, you really seems to be a big gen-1 gamer. o-o I started playing pokemon from the gen three remake of the gen one pokemon Green version... You've probably guessed it! Pokemon Leaf Green! With bulbausaur(wonder if I typed this right...) on the top of the box. Also, I totaly agree that the design of gen 5 pokemon is AW-EEEEE-FUL. :/ Though gen 4 pokemon design was just perfect, like that little Starly! Aww, it was sooo cute (and my favorite) And Giratina... So scary. :3

Finally, let me just re-welcome you. :D

DarkScrambled

Scrambled Eggs
    Years
    What an interesting Introduction, Najito. Welcome to Pokecommunity, where all your dreams can come true. It seems's you really like pokemon and had your ups and down with it. I too had once failed to catch a pokemon because of full box, and once I accidently killed the legendary pokemon in one hit. I hope I get to see you around some time.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Hey there Najito and welcome!

You have loads of memories from generation one. I do too cause it's the generation that started it all for me. Red was my first game and my older brother got Blue so it was easy for me to trade him for exclusives. I remember Pokemon being so popular back then and that everyone played it. One day in first I got caught bringing my Gameboy to school and playing Red during recess. XD I was so very obsessed with those games and I still pretty much obsesses over Pokemon games nowadays too. Gen 1 definitely holds a special place in my heart. I don't think I've done any of those things before in those games at least, so those are some good achivements there! Anyway, you'd love the Metal & Color Generation section for the nostalgia factor alone. You can talk about both generation 1 and 2 games there. The fi

I personally really liked 5th gen and thought the Pokemon designs were unique. Some of them were bad though I agree, but I honestly think every generation has some bad Pokemon in it; both power wise and design wise. You can have your own opinion on it though and I respect that. It's fine to hate some Pokemon. Personally though I loved Gen III the most so far. My favorite Pokemon, Treecko is in it , the region is gorgeous and the Pokemon are pretty well designed imo. But again, that is my opinion only! Have you seen the Pokemon for Gen 6 or Pokemon X and Y? They look much better than some gen 5 Pokemon I think and you may like alot of then if you like older Pokemon designs. I'm very excited for those games and getting a 3DS just for them. October needs to get here faster so I can play them right away!

Well anyway enjoy your time here!If you have any questions, just ask a staff member in blue, orange and red. There's lots of friendly members too who'd love to talk to you. That includes me of course. Feel free to PM or VM me anytime just to chat! Catch you later man!

Years
    Hi Najito, welcome to PC!

I always feel sad how much 5th Gen gets hated for its Pokemon designs, I actually love them myself and I don't think they look bad, heck I even have loads of faves from that generation alone. But we all have opinions after all. I guess my buddies there have already shown you the Metal/Color Generation section where you can talk all about the old-school Pokemon games. I never played those games because Ruby was my first game, but I still love all Pokemon the same as any other person would.

Anyways, I'm sure you can stick around, be active and hopefully make new friends! The staff are very helpful, they know how to do their job and they love assisting you too if you need help, like Cirno who mods this very section. Don't hesitate to ask her if you need help, yet some of the other non-staff members love showing you around too. If you ever want to talk, I'm always available for a visitor message. Have fun and enjoy it here at PC!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Thanks a lot for the warm welcome, guys!

Now having read my post, it did seem I sounded harsh on gen 5. I don't think it's really bad overall - I just rank it as the least appealing to me. Still, some of the Pokemon look pretty badass like Excadrill, Samurott, Zebstrika and Haxorus. I think my huge disappointment in the fire starter played a part in my feelings toward this generation. <<< Fire type lover since gen 1.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, all of you. :)

One more Q: This is the 1st time I EVER joined a Pokemon forum. Are there clans/guilds in the community or something similar? Do you host tournaments and such?

Back