• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A world in black and white

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I would honestly feel sad, haha. Colors are fun! They make life joyful and vibrant, or at least in my opinion.

Years
    It'd be hard to adjust to the world being monochromatic; environments would be very depressing looking I would assume so I would not enjoy it \: But hypothetically should that ever happen, I'd probably start freaking out and thinking my eyes are tripping up @.@

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'd imagine it would be like being in a infomercial -

Everybody would be clumsy and dis-organised and there would be such awful mistakes made that we would all die because we forgot to breathe in a few weeks to to our incompetence.

Years
    I'd freak out at first because I'd think my eyes are broken. It'd probably take a few days of adjustment, but as long as I can still see, I don't think I'd really care in the long run.

It'd probably be confusing to pick out clothes the first few times, though... imagine what funky colors I'd put together, if anyone else could see color. :p

Yukari

I would rather die then live in a world without color. ;-;

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I don't think that there would be much difference for me if suddenly I was seeing in Black and White. It would be like looking at the world in a dogs' field of view wouldn't it?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I probably wouldn't realise that I'd been reincarnated as a dog since it seems like we don't realise those things. I would then proceed to bark and jump on people until I settled down with a nice owner. Unless they weren't nice. In which case I would run away until I found a more pleasant owner.

In seriousness, it'd take me some time to adjust to the whole black/white thing, but at least I'd be able to differentiate between bright and dark things. I'd probably be grateful that the only thing that had happened to me had been a... pretty major loss of perception.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I feel like we would all very quickly lapse into 1920 movie star personalities...

I wouldn't like it at all. I'm a sucker for vivid colors, especially red, so if this happened, I'd be super upset. Few people realize how amazing colors are until they're gone, so I would be sad. On the upside, it would completely eliminate color blindness.

Back