• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A World of Ice and Fire - The End

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I should get a medal for my efforts on eliminating House Stark.

If you guys had killed me earlier, you would've probably won. Why didn't you did so earlier? For the chance I was Euron or did I intimidate you successfully?

We had no night actions :c I just went for people I could pin enough on to hope for a lynch.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    oOo is that why I couldn't pick Young Griff
    Also yo what happened to the rest of my title Klippy
    "Presenting Gendry Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, Ruler of Westeros!"
    where are the Rhoynar and the First Men :P

Could be wrong, but wasn't it mostly 3P who supported the Starks? Nimsy was Strong Belwas and was basically just a "win as long as she makes it to the end" role, and Naku married her so his allegiance changed from Stark to Belwas, but they still weren't a house. Gunner was the only exception, but most of house Martell was decimated pretty early on so I can see why she would try to win with the Starks instead of making it alone. I thought her marriage to Bard would have done that but I guess that just changed Pod's allegiance from Stark to Martell, lol.

I am confused about the phase before the duel though - aeternum was voted to death and Mana bled out, but how did Varys kill Walda?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Technically Nimsy and I were House Belwas, not true third party. And she was only going along with the Starks because a) she knew I'd betray her and b) it was likely her best chance at winning. The thing about being the actual king is that she wasn't allowed to bend the knee to anyone, lol.

And I didn't care for killing Omi because, from how the game was going, Asha seemed pretty useless and there were more dangerous actions to remove from the game. I had hoped Lycan would have used his poison sooner, but once I married Nimsy, I was no longer able to access the Stark Skype chat. It would have made things much simpler.

Killua

Only annoyance I had (besides dying :p) was that everyone(slight exaggeration) decided they wanted to support the Starks. Temporary house alliances are one thing, but for players to forego their house and claim they want the Starks to win because "Starks" was a little bit of a buzzkill. It's fine for third party/non-loyal roles, but if you're in a house then fight for your team. (tbh the Stark house was announced shortly before I died so I didn't actually see how it played out but this is the impression I got before dying. If the Stark house rebirth didn't cause as much of a house allegiance disturbance as I felt then forget this post; but if it did then Klippy maybe take that into account that people might not play their roles properly if their "favorite character is in the game")

Lucky for us that I died early on tokyo ghoul mafia then.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Just a few notes I noticed: Varys was not a House and was simply disguised as Roose. So he killed Walda because his win con was not a House win. She was in his way for Aegon.

Juno won because she challenged CB's rule, and won the duel against him. But CB won because his win con was to reach the Throne. His original win con was to crown Roose. He chose to kill Sun and disguise as him though. Both earned their wins and even more so when you consider Juno didn't align to any house the entire game and not once faced suspicion. CB because he faced little real threat or exposure despite previous Roose Boltons' having attempted to reveal themselves.

I'm definitely satisfied with the end results. :) Plus I made Naku happy with the Brienne reveal.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Now that I've looked back over the phase post for d14, I should've seen it coming. "I can't exactly stab you with my manhood"

Btw I shot Ghost to save myself from dying because I was one of Arianna's lovers. I watched as everyone blamed Universe and decided to support the Starks to gain their trust (not that it lasted long anyway, as they wanted to vote for CB in the round after that, who I thought was Roose.)

Moral of the story: Don't trust CB, he isn't who you think he is. :P
    that makes me feel better. I thought whoever shot me was just being dumb because I could have aligned with someone else after Naku died.

Nakuzami

Years
    and i s2g people mentioned I was probably Roose (or other threatening roles) like half a dozen times but nobody tried to kill me off :P awks

I wanted Mace Tyrell dead

Plus, I figured that Varys had killed either Roose or Mace, but then Mace did that force vote and . . . well, yeah. Lol. Besides, Varys could still have potentially been an ally, since we didn't really know the conditions of his win at that point.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Varys actually got the powers of the person he killed. :P So he would've replicated Mace's powers or Roose's.

Nakuzami

Years
    I thought he might have, but I wasn't sure, as that would have basically just made him another Jaqen. Either way, Varys would have had a different background coming into the abilities than the original Mace, lol.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    My original house from the first game is back on the throne?

Love it, and eat it Starks.

But also House Greyjoy was filled with some banging people this game! It's a shame I died so early, there were a lot of mechanics that seemed super cool in this game.​

speaking of, i gotta ask you why you didn't drown someone before you were killed.

anyway gg! i'm pleased all the Starks died. <3 that was all my little Greyjoy heart wanted.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    speaking of, i gotta ask you why you didn't drown someone before you were killed.

I was trying to play as strategically as I could, especially after I found out my number gift was a crossbow I could use during the daytime, so I was gonna toast whoever I thought was a Stark the following day while still having one kill power to spare. Not like I could've drowned someone the night I died, considering that it turns out NightKrow Walda'd me that night anyway.

Then Kaneki happened, and now the fires of r'hllor and the iron of greyjoy will be after his throat next game. #SaltOverload

Guys should've kept me alive; I knew Candy was Roose and could've helped sort out this Varys mess before it begun.​

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Just as a quick thing I felt/noticed playing this game - I felt a lot less... involved? It's hard to explain - but as a comparison to GoT1, I think the fewer houses and more members per house was more enjoyable than the more houses (and fewer people per house). Just a personal preference, I think though. Would be interested in hearing how other people feel about this dynamic though - for future GMs wanting to try a style akin to this? :3

Nakuzami

Years
    Just as a quick thing I felt/noticed playing this game - I felt a lot less... involved? It's hard to explain - but as a comparison to GoT1, I think the fewer houses and more members per house was more enjoyable than the more houses (and fewer people per house). Just a personal preference, I think though. Would be interested in hearing how other people feel about this dynamic though - for future GMs wanting to try a style akin to this? :3

I think I can understand that sentiment. More houses means more enemies and fewer allies, making the game far more political than the first game, which was still quite political.

For me, personally, I started unaligned in aSoIaF, was promptly N0ed, and came back as a Stark when the Houses were all already pretty damaged, so it was never a large group for me.

In this game, I similarly started out in a "House" of two, was killed N1, and came back as an unaligned role (which was quickly converted into a Stark role), so it was pretty much the same experience for me, though this game relied much more heavily on the games' history and there were more people to try and win over.

The one thing about these games, which I both love and hate, is that it is more politics than mafia. There's no clear target to eliminate; you just have to eliminate anyone not aligned with you. In order to do this, you have to convince others that someone else is a bigger threat---which is often pointless and fruitless. It's dumb and frustrating in that regard, but still entertaining.

My current setup for The Tune of Stone and Ash has five houses, with three having four players initially and two having eight players initially, and another group of four (a "house" in function, but not technically), plus some unaffiliated roles. That's still a major WIP though.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I felt people were less involved overall, but the roles were also dramatically different than aSoIaF. I gave each House a different "set" of roles, whereas aSoIaF had more dynamic Houses. Boltons were offensive/sneaky, Greyjoys offensive/vengeance-y, Martells sneaky/tactical, Tyrells sneaky/defensive, Starks were mixed of course, and Baelish tactical/sneaky.

Originally I was going to allow each House a Skype chat and they could all interact from the start. That didn't really make sense to me longterm because it meant way too easy coordination amongst Houses and then LETTERS only were sent House-to-House. I decided last minute to change that, hence one or two goofs with jd's Ghost PMs because I originally had intended to post his results to House Skype groups.

Back