• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ability Capsule

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    It is a one time use item. Is anybody else disappointed by this? For 200 BP you can change the Ability of ONE Pokemon and it can't be changed to OR from a Hidden Ability. Thoughts?

Years
  • I craved for the said item and found how ridiculous it is.
    Honestly, I like it at the price of 200 BP. It motivates those who are craving to get this item to battle more in the Battle Maison.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • 200 BP is a pretty high price when you start out, but with a good team, it's quite easy to get at a streak of at least 50, which gives you 244 BP, which is enough to buy the Ability Capsule.

The item itself is really useful, except when you want a Hidden Ability, however, I can understand why they did this.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's worth it IMO, especially at times when you pull out a 5 IV Pokemon with the wrong ability
    That happened to me a couple of days ago. Luckily I remembered this item, even though it took me quite a while to get enough BP to buy it xD

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I can see it being useful. The problem I see is 200 for a one time use item. It just seem expensive. Like someone posted above, 50 battles? What a terrible waste of time in my mind. With 5 and 6 IV breeding parents it's almost easier to just keep breeding while leaving the possibility of hatching a Shiny. The only time I see myself using one again is if I get a 5 or 6 IV Shiny with the wrong ability. Otherwise it is trade fodder.

Years
  • Its use is very situational, but when you need it, it's extremely handy. What if you hatch a shiny 5IV adamant Inkay and it has Suction Cups? At least you're not completely ****ed then.

Years
  • I see it being used as gts bait. I found it to be an upset when I read somewhere that it will not switch to a hidden ability ... to me its useless then, because in my own experience when you start getting to the 5 IV eggs they become more common than the beginning process. So there is more of a chance the next batch of eggs has the ability and the IV's you want... which is superrrrrr less time consuming then amassing 200 bp.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I see it being used as gts bait. I found it to be an upset when I read somewhere that it will not switch to a hidden ability ... to me its useless then, because in my own experience when you start getting to the 5 IV eggs they become more common than the beginning process. So there is more of a chance the next batch of eggs has the ability and the IV's you want... which is superrrrrr less time consuming then amassing 200 bp.

My thoughts exactly. It's just so easy to breed more. Then you get the added bonus of more Pokemon to trade and increases your chance of hatching a Shiny. 200 BP is just way too much in my eyes for a single use item.

Like I said earlier, the only time I see this being useful is on a Shiny 5 or 6 IV Pokemon with the wrong ability. Like Scyther without Technician.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Extremely happy this was introduced. Landed a 5IV Marill with Thick Fat, and was saved by the Ability Capsule. Granted, it doesn't help when you're looking for that Hidden Ability, but there are still quite a lot of Pokemon for which the capsule is useful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never used Ability Capsule before to be honest, so I can't be sure, but… does the item change your ability permanently, or is it just temporary? If it's the former, then yes, Ability Capsule does sound like an extremely useful item. d:

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I've never used Ability Capsule before to be honest, so I can't be sure, but… does the item change your ability permanently, or is it just temporary? If it's the former, then yes, Ability Capsule does sound like an extremely useful item. d:

It's permanent. You use it like a Vitamin or something, and it changes one normal ability to the other.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    It can be useful since it can save you some time if you have it and need it in that specific moment; when you think about the amount of battles you have to do and the price (and you don't battle that much to save BP or you're lazy) of course you would feel is time consuming. It's about perspective, of course, not being able to change to HA is a drawback, but we have to remember that there are some HA that aren't worth in some pokemon anyway.

Years
  • It can be useful since it can save you some time if you have it and need it in that specific moment; when you think about the amount of battles you have to do and the price (and you don't battle that much to save BP or you're lazy) of course you would feel is time consuming. It's about perspective, of course, not being able to change to HA is a drawback, but we have to remember that there are some HA that aren't worth in some pokemon anyway.

On the other hand, if you have the Pokemon with HA that you want to change, you're ****ed. Ability Capsule is definitely better than nothing, though.

Years
  • I do admit the high BP cost just to get this item is insane, you'd have to be grinding like hell in the Battle Maison just to reach the amount of BP needed. The only good use I see with this item is if you have like a shiny with good IVs but it had the wrong ability.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I really only think that it would be good for breeding purposes. For the price, using it in a battle...I just couldn't do it. All that work, and poof! At least with breeding you could use it on a multitude of pokemon.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I really only think that it would be good for breeding purposes. For the price, using it in a battle...I just couldn't do it. All that work, and poof! At least with breeding you could use it on a multitude of pokemon.

I don't understand what you're saying. Do you know what the Ability Capsule does?

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • I haven't had to use the Ability Capsule yet, but I love the fact that it exists...I remember trying to breed a Poison Heal Shroomish in Gen. IV and I kept getting Effect Spore whenever I got the nature I needed...lol...So frustrating...

Back