• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Ability to edit reason for post deletion.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    See title;
    Although I expect, like my poll suggestion, that it's not possible and ultimately comes down to my own personal negligence.

Years
  • I don't think there's a way to do this unless one undeletes the post and then deletes it again o_o;
    Which, according to my knowledge of permissions [as of 4.0], there's only an option to allow Members/Registered users to Delete their own post. I don't think there's a way, from what I've seen, to let them undelete it D: [which is, theoretically, the only way you can change it]

Why not get a mod to do it? oo

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I don't see why you would need too. I mean, would you reason for deleting it be any different from when you did delete it than an hour after? I don't really think so. If you made a spelling error, no big deal, really. You could just slow down if things like that bug you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Why not get a mod to do it? oo
    I expect half of them would go "lol no that's pointless", and I didn't expect they'd have the permissions to do it, and a higher staff member would just be more inclined to the aforementioned response. It's true though my error isn't worth their time.

would you reason for deleting it be any different from when you did delete it than an hour after?
    Effectively so, although it's rather a few seconds later. The best explanation I could give you is that that's just how my mind works; I'll do things then go "oh wait what no".

Back