• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ability you value most?

Years
  • Is there an ability you value more than all of the others? The one ability that directly affects your Pokemon's performance and leads you to a win?

The ability that I appreciate more than any other is Magic Guard. It contributes immensely
    to Reuniclus's sweeping ability and of course, nulls status conditions, which are a major hindrance to any Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Must have Magic Guard on whatever can have it. And must have Cursed Body on Burungel. Or else. >:(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Levitate has proven to be a lifesaver with my frequent use of Earthquake. I've also found Technician to be useful in conjunction with moves like Fake Out, Aerial Ace, and Bite.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I value abilities that make my Pokemon immune to attacks (Levitate, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, etc.). I also value Magic Guard.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • I love wonderguard and Shedinja is one of my favorite pokemon so IMO it's epic because only a few type attacks can hit you. So 71% of the time you have the advantage.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'd say that Technician is very useful for my Scyther and Ambipom. Wonder Guard gets annoying after a while.

Whenever I'm bored during my adventures, I would just run around the region with a Pokemon with the Pickup ability. My Linoone always pick up something interesting every time!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Technician in Gen V has become a life saver in competitive play.

Breloom + Technician + Bullet Seed = Death, sometimes :3

But before all this it would have to be Levitate Idk why I just love it :3

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Flame Body, for some reason. XD I have always loved inflicting burns on physical attackers.
    Out of the new abilities, Mischievous heart. Always going first (Well, priority) is just overkill!!

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Wonder Guard or Tinted lens. Both can change a whole Battle.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Sand Power and Speed Boost. Both of them will wreck you, even if you come prepared for Pokemon with those abilities.
    Yes, because it's really hard to defeat a Ninjask. /s

Aside from that little thing, why has no one picked Stench yet? It's like, pretty much a free Repel, which is like, uber awesome and you don't need to waste millions of Poke Dollars on Repel when you have your trusty Stench user with you!

But on a serious note, Herbivore. It's amazing to come in on Leech Seeding Nattorei with an Afrobull and getting a free attack boost from it. Also Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent in Mystery Dungeon, since it's great to see Mega Drain do like, 20 damage to 200 from a small boost.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I never really pay attention to my pokemons' abilities. Though I do love Water Absorb :D

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Technician. It just makes my Scizor more than interesting.

Also other normal stuffs like Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Motor Drive. I can seriously predict what the NPCs would do, and I let my Electivire bring hell to them.

Back