• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

about ash?s father

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    As I said before, please also explain how wanting to take control of the world, steal Pok?mon, and running a big crime business is a "misunderstanding?" Telling his own creation that he's nothing more than a servant to humans and that he was not created by "God" like other Pok?mon were is pretty **** evil.

There's no misunderstanding about it. It's all bad, wrong and evil. It had nothing to do with his childhood considering Sakaki clearly wants more power than his mother wanted and does a more nasty job of running the Rocket Gang by hiring so many goons that are fit for the job of being thieves.

You still gave no evidence backing up the claim that Satoshi and Sakaki are related. You're giving nothing but "I believe it so it must be so."

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Well you are trying to state something that clearly has no evidence of being true. As someone who defends the truth of the series and tries to prevent stupid rumors from floating around, I'd like to know the reasonings for your belief on something like this. There's no proof of him being the father. There IS proof of him being evil and not a "misunderstood man." You've provided ziltch into this yet you insist that it's true. Personal beliefs don't mean anything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ...You know, if you don't have proof to a theory, then just don't say anything. It's a freaking kids show not some top secret be all end all war machine. You're just saying that they are related, yet you show no proof at all...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    You're right, I'm a little crazy. But I just cant find it in my heart to believe Team Rocket is evil. Forget all that official stuff I said. To me and my friends, Team Rocket isn't evil.
    But still it'd be interesting if Sakaki will come clean and say it was a hippie society all along. Maybe that could happen.
    There's only one thing for sure. Only time will tell.

biogenetic

riddle me this.
    Years
    ok sorry for not pointing this out before but they do have the same hair colour in one episode you can see a picture of delia ketchum behind his desk. umm sorry i can't really think of the others right now but i know there are more :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    well i think it could be Giovanni because it was kinda convenient that he didnt battle Satoshi when he went to get his earth badge BUT on the other hand Satoshi doesn't look like his mother so he must look like his father...look at Brock, he looks just like Flint.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Why's it any suprise they didn't have Sakaki battle Satoshi? Satoshi clearly would have lost had he gone up against Myuutsuu. Not to mention, Satoshi's Gym battles in that region haven't all been too exciting. Sakaki's an important man in his profession. He can't just run a Gym all day.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    OKAY! This topic has been brought up many times--and many times shall I announce my theory! Here's what I wrote from November 2003...right here on PC...^_^; (I got my first reputation points from this, too! XD)

*sigh* Unfortunately we STILL don't know who this kid's father is. All we know is that he was an accomplished Pok?mon trainer according to Delia in "Pok?mon Emergency!". I also heard his father was going to be revealed or elaborated more in the fifth season...*cricket noises*...we're now past the fifth season and there was no mention of him. "Pok?mon Live!" the musical indicated Delia was involved with Giovanni somehow since she hung around with a group of bad kids who later became members of Team Rocket. BUT she straightened out once she met Ash's father. So apparently he isn't the Dad. However, that little scene was the American dubber's brainchild. It's up to Japan to determine who Ash's Dad is. And I also wanted to clear this up -- Why in God's name would a supposed man named Giovanni, a name of Italian origin, have the last name Ketchum, a name of Dutch/German origin?! I mean, it happens, but Brock and Misty call her "Mrs. Ketchum". That title means she's married, but who knows the technicalities as to whether or not she kept her maiden name? OKAY I'M GETTING REALLY OFF-TRACK! O_o If you want my opinion (hopefully it's factual), Giovanni is not Ash's father. *takes a deep breath and exhales slowly...*

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    That's really not a good reason to think that. o_o People can share common traits with eachother and not be related. Satoshi may be stubborn but Sakaki certainly isn't. o_O;

Years
    I just have to post in this.

I too also have a strong feeling that Giovanni might be Ash's real father, but... I have another idea that I've thought about.

Well, let's jsut say that Ash's dad is on a Pokemon Journey himself. However, he was taken prisoner by Team Rocket and was given a choice: Join the organization or they go after Ash and Delia. So, to protect them both, Ash's dad joined Team Rocket. And this was like 3 years before Ash started his Pokemon Journey.

So, while Ash goes to the Hoenn league, Ash's dad has bome a very powerful and feared/respected member of Team Rocket.

That's just my take on the whole Ash's dad theme.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Stop calling people/pokemon by their Japanese names. We aren't in Japan.
    Finally someone said something though I do say Sakaki, Kenji, Hazuki and Gonbe but that dont compare to ETR's Nihongo vocabulary. I dont have the time to look up the Japanese names and my school doesn't teach Japanese so why dont you just try to uh use English names a LITTLE more often even if it kills you because it only kills us if we dont know what you're talking about, ETR.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    How about no? :D I prefer to use the ORIGINAL names. Not the Americanized renames. It doesn't take you ages to use Google, nor does it take a rocket scientist to know who I'm talking about since I'm using the names on topic. ;\ So you're basically saying that if anyone has an ethnic name, I have to use an American name for them because we live in America? Real smart.

And no, there is NO confirmation that Sakaki is Satoshi's father.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Shinin said:
    Stop calling people/pokemon by their Japanese names. We aren't in Japan.
    I think it was confirmed in some thing that Giovanni is Ash's dad.
    There are a good number of members in Japan, PC isn't limited to America, y'know. Either way, you can just go look up their names. And it has never once been mentioned anywhere that the two are father and son.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back