• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About how much money do you spend on anime/manga goods?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm just wondering how much money anime/manga fans spend every year on anime/manga goods. For me, I just really started buying manga so I can't really say, but some people I know spend up to $200-$400 on a/m goods. What about you?

Years
  • I don't have necessarily an "average amount" that I spend on anime yet, but so far, I've spent about $170 ($385 including imported doujin aka Touhou goods) on all the anime related things I own. I want to spend more. I want more things.

Years
  • I really couldn't say how much. I have a lot of manga, and quite a few anime DVDs from back when I was buying those. At the moment it's probably just $20 for the couple of things I bought last month, but I've easily spent at least $500 over time on manga alone.

Ask me how much I've spent on Japanese music and that answer will scare you.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I spend $12.50 NZD a month on Shonen Jump (damn import costs), and I buy DVDs when I can. I usually only do that with gift vouchers, though, because I have more important things to spend actual money on (like childrens' trading cards orz). So I've spent very little on actual anime/manga stuff. I did burn about $80 at last year's Armageddon expo though, which was awesome. I got a few posters and other stuff. Beyblades ftw! Nostalgiaaaaaaaaa.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I've spent a fair amount of money on a/m goods.. probably around 100$? I'm trying to save for Anime Expo in July though.. That's when I plan on splurging, haha.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ~100-200 per con, so about $300, +200 if you count Gen Con (which really doesn't)
    After that, about 30 per month on Dengeki G's, tack on another 70 if it's the month's G's Festival is relevant to my interests (only one per year usually)
    About $50-100 on DVDs, as I buy the series i find exceptionally good, and get brought over (and hopefully have good dubs, sometimes i check on that before buying)
    another $100 for anime-based video games occasionally
    Then a good $100 or so if Weiss Schwarz counts.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I don't remember the last time I bought an anime or a manga. Nowadays, I just download them. I don't watch a whole lot of anime at the same time and my manga reading is VERY limited.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    hmm in 08 i spend over 300$ on manga,in 09 i spent 200$ and something on manga,010 i spent only a 100$ on manga,and this year i only bought 1 manga volume.

i dont know how much i spend on anime but i own alot i got a trunk full and some dont even fit gotta lay em on top,and i just bought lucky star complete series and ova,im waiting for it in the mail.and muisc about 20mins. ago i bought a janne da arc cd from itunes.

Audihertz

MATHEMATICAL
    Years
  • Too much than I'd like to say...
    probably though, about 150$ every con. And outside of cons, maybe.. I buy 10$ worth of manga a month.

I don't spend much on anything else though; anime / manga / video games are just.. THE hobby I spend money on. .__.,

Back