• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen About Poison

Kyoto

Hai, wanna pair? ^^
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I miss it, I mean first Pokemon experience.

"Squirtle use tackle!" Opponent uses poison sting. I win the battle. 5 steps, "Oh dear, it seems that you have no pokemon to battle with. _____ whited out." I was like wtf? xD
    Good Times!

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Oddly enough, I miss my screen shaking with every step I took while having a poisoned Pokemon on my team. The first time it happened, I thought it was a technical error. xD

Ah, fond memories.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Yeah, sort of 50/50 you know? I mean, if your running threw Victory Road, and your out of Antidotes...And your last Pokemon dies from poison (has happened to me numerous times *cries*) AND THEN YOU FIND OUT YOU HAD A FULL HEAL! Anyway, I didnt notice this until I beat the E4 the first time >_<. But yeah, you gotta miss that hurrying your butt to the nearest Poke Center to heal your pokemon XD.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I actually want it back. It was one of the mini-challenges (well not really) of the game, or something that makes it harder, even if it is only a little bit. I still remember trudging through Viridian Forest with my Squirtle, not knowing that poison does damage after battle. The game fuzzed up, and I thought it was broken. XD Then, all of a sudden:
    Squirtle fainted. Sol whited out!
    Then I learned from there to watch for poison and carry Antidotes and Full heals. But now, it isn't there anymore, and I keep clinging to old habits.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    I feel like the pokemon games keep getting more and more dumbed down.

Me too..They have gotten much easier and so simplistic...Like sure, some of the battles may be a bit tougher than the early generations, and the graphics are pretty sweet compared to them as well, but the game as a whole is just too..Stupid lol. My little brother is 5 and ive turned him into a PokeNerd and yet he can understand it with just a bit of help from meh...Oh well, they are still fun XD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Oddly enough, I miss my screen shaking with every step I took while having a poisoned Pokemon on my team. The first time it happened, I thought it was a technical error. xD

Ah, fond memories.

I remember playing Pokemon Colosseum and seeing the screen flashing red. Forgetting my Pokmon was poisoned, I assumed it was a glitch. X'D Good times... well, bad times. XD

So yeah, I think it has mad the game easier, which is annoying since it semed they wanted to make it harder as you Pokemon seemed to level up slower before you have the Lucky Egg. :\

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    So yeah, I think it has mad the game easier, which is annoying since it semed they wanted to make it harder as you Pokemon seemed to level up slower before you have the Lucky Egg. :\

Well the Lucky Egg obviously speeds everything up and distorts how you see leveling up once you get it. IMO, before that, they actually did a really good job of making it easier to train multiple Pokémon because lower-leveled 'mons seemed to always get more experience than higher-leveled ones. If you spammed a single Pokémon through the campaign then yeah, it'd seem harder, but I think they did the level balance and stuff really well this time around.

Back