• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Storc...

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    phewwww, finally, I reach 15 post, so now I can share this theory with you all
    Uhm, it's about Sird (thanks to Maxim to told me about Sird's name). In chap 302, Sird show us a pkball and said that she wanted to caught Deoxys. But, why does you all always think that is empty ball. I mean, if we want to caught a pkm, we must throw a pkball to it, right? But Sird actually didn't throw it, she just opened it, it make me think, that pkball is a ball with a pokemon inside. Sird release it to beat Deoxys and caught Deoxys for her. That also is the reason why Mewtwo jump into the strange light, it want to beat that pkm.
    What do you think guy?

I have one more think to share with you:
    This scene:
    About Storc...

and this scene:
    About Storc...

They look very like, doesn't they? So, what if that pkm is Celebi?
    Or even, Deoxys entity 1. You know, it was Sird who said TR destroyed Doxys entity 1, but she should be lying.
    And I think Sird or Storc both corrects, but if you want I'll use Chuang Yi's name Sird

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • The name "Sird" is not from "Mangafox version". It's from official Chuang Yi Translation.

SEREBII.NET USES WRONG NAMES!

The only CORRECT English name is Sird. AND USE IT!

Neither of the names make much sense but Sird is at least correct.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    Neither of the names make much sense but Sird is at least correct.

I thought the reasoning behind "Storc" was because the "Beast Warrior Trio" name connection - which gets/got lost in the Chuang Yi "unofficial official" version.

If Sird did say that Deoxys was destroyed and was the only one to witness it, it is indeed possible that she still has the Deoxys, which could come in play later on in Veilstone.
    Wasn't Deoxys' transformation based on radiation from each of the regions? So then does that mean the meteorites in Veilstone have the same radiation signature as Hoenn/Kanto?

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • Hmmm~ Good job, mercury. You found a special point that we did not notice. Yes, Sird's and Ruby's style of using Pokemon is quite similar. It will be impossible that Sird has a Celebi. Celebi already appeared in 2 series. It may be Deoxys 2. Since Silver can see it. Red, Green, Blue and Yellow are froze and they dont have self-feelings while Silver has it. Silver said he still can hear (or see) when he cannot move (a.k.a froze into statue.) Silver might know. But he didnt mention in v29.

About Sird's name, Sird is an official name of Chuang Yi's translation. Storc is the fan-name given by Coronis. But I prefer call her Sird. "Storc" sounds weird =S And I think Berlitz this name is also a fan-translated name.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • I thought the reasoning behind "Storc" was because the "Beast Warrior Trio" name connection - which gets/got lost in the Chuang Yi "unofficial official" version.

No. "Storc" has NEVER been an official name. It's a fanname given by Coronis. CY didn't "lose" anything (you probably thought about Magma and Aqua admins, their names were indeed lost [except Mack and Amber, those never had REAL US names])

Ryan said:
    And I think Berlitz this name is also a fan-translated name.

No. It's not. Berlitz is her real surname from Japanese version.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Wait, so Entity Two didn't flee towards the Sinnoh region, but was caught by Sird? Very interesting...I wonder what this has to do with everything else, and Sird's possible relation to Team Galactic...

goldwave9

Arcross Blaze
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2009
    I don't think it's entity one, it's probably a IV gen. pokemon
    But um, have you noticed how sird disappeared and cracked the ice cuffs
    It's kind of like how archie disappeared at the end of Emerald
    She's probably working with Galactic to find out info about Rocket or something

but what ever became of Giovanni and Carr???

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Entity One was "disposed", which may be assumed that it's lingering around Sinnoh/Fiore. I believe we saw it in the first Ranger comic. I'd love to see this get linked up one day.

Sird's backstory is very telling. I'd really want to know more about her association, if any, with Galactic.

I don't remember about Giovanni, but Carr died when the ship crashed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I really do not know what happen to Giovanni. That was a major plot hole on the writers plot. What was the reason they left out what happen to Giovanni? Was they try to figure out whether to reveal what happen to Giovanni or not if so it should not have take a longtime to think about that. Carr's page Bulbapedia did not say anything about Carr dying it just say that Orm died. I am not sure if it is correct or not. I also wonder what is Sird's possible relationship to Team Galatic?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Even though Sird.Storc fails to capture Deoxys she states...
    "Deoxys has escaped, but it seems like I've reaped something of equal value in return...Well done indeed and goodbye forever...my dear Pokedex Holders."
    Then what happens to her, I have no idea, I thought she was shattered by Lorelei, because she had the ice handcuffs.
    I have no idea what she ment by "something of equal value"...was it the fact the 5 dex holders were turned into stone? Or that she captured Mewtwo? Cuz he was nowhere to be seen after her pokeball did that thingy...
    And..what did happen to Giovanni?
    Silver had his Ursaring carry him to his hideout...was he left there for 2 whole months? O-O

goldwave9

Arcross Blaze
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2009
    I have no idea what she ment by "something of equal value"...was it the fact the 5 dex holders were turned into stone? Or that she captured Mewtwo? Cuz he was nowhere to be seen after her pokeball did that thingy...
    O-O
    maybe she captured mewtwo

Carr escaped on his skarmory

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Don't worry, I've seen this before in literature where there are unanswered gaps like these, but it will be answered, or it is assumed already.

Years
  • Yeah, guess the same thing goes for Ruby's behavior with Sapphire.
    Did they have to hold back the last few volumes for so long?
    I'm not very patient, it's rather frustruating for me. xD
    Shoot, volume 29 was pretty disappointing, no shippy hints. Wasted a nice shippy scene for Red and Yellow. xD
    Is Storc.Sird still alive? That's my question.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • OookamiShipper said:
    Is Storc.Sird still alive? That's my question.

Yes, she is still alive. I didn't like how FR/LG ended in that way though.

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    Hm, I personally prefer Coronis's system of naming, mostly because he really thinks things through in choosing names and Chuang Yi has made a quite a few mistakes in translation, renamed characters that already had official English names, and picks names based on sound alone rather than meaning.

But that aside, I think Mewtwo was captured. Disappeared after that whole fiasco, probably got sucked into that Pokeball instead of Deoxys, and now its likely getting dissected by Team Galactic, seeing how there's strong evidence that Storc/Sird works for them. Poor guy. Whole Battle Frontier incident, hard to focus on anything except the giant sea monster, but now that things have calmed down a but, I'm sure at least Red and Yellow are wondering what happened to Mewtwo. Bet it'll show up again soon in the DPPl saga.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Hm, I personally prefer Coronis's system of naming, mostly because he really thinks things through in choosing names and Chuang Yi has made a quite a few mistakes in translation, renamed characters that already had official English names, and picks names based on sound alone rather than meaning.

I don't get why "Storc, Oca and Jagura" are better than "Sird, Orm and Carr". Both those option are equally dumb. So, I use official ones because they're official.

I also don't use Chuang Yi names for characters which they renamed (hence, I prefer Courtney to Marge, Wanda to Wallene etc.) but when the character doesn't have an official English name, then I use Chuang Yi names.

Come on, no one would use Coronis's names if he didn't use them on Serebii.net and act like they were official.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't get why "Storc, Oca and Jagura" are better than "Sird, Orm and Carr". Both those option are equally dumb. So, I use official ones because they're official.

I also don't use Chuang Yi names for characters which they renamed (hence, I prefer Courtney to Marge, Wanda to Wallene etc.) but when the character doesn't have an official English name, then I use Chuang Yi names.

Come on, no one would use Coronis's names if he didn't use them on Serebii.net and act like they were official.

Hi there! Most of this is opinionated, so you don't have to believe me.

The names Coronis uses are, I think, representing animals, hence the name "Beast Warrior Trio". I'm not sure if those are the "official" names, considering it's different in both English and Japanese.

Carr: He's alive but I think Orm was killed when he lost his grip while the ship was flying. Giovanni is (hopefully) still alive, but considering he was left alone for two months, it's left open for discussion.

Sird is still alive. She escaped and supposedly captured Mewtwo (unsure on that). Silver might know something about it, but he doesn't say so in the manga.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Hi there! Most of this is opinionated, so you don't have to believe me.

The names Coronis uses are, I think, representing animals, hence the name "Beast Warrior Trio". I'm not sure if those are the "official" names, considering it's different in both English and Japanese.

Based on animals - Maybe. Official - No!

Sird, Orm and Carr are the only official English names for these characters.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Based on animals - Maybe. Official - No!

Sird, Orm and Carr are the only official English names for these characters.

Ah, so no one knows the Japanese ones then?

Back