• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen About the Fights system

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It'll probably be rather much the same thing, but maybe the HP bar and things like that will be different. I wouldn't be suprised if the background changes either.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It was broken the day abilities were invented.

Abilities made the battle stage a lot more interesting, because it allowed new strategies to enter gameplay.

Actually coming to think of it, having the new abilites put into the remakes would be the the most change to battles, because it wasn't in the original games.

It will be the same, but a little changes as said previously.

IN fr/lg they changed the background, maybe they'll do the same in this version. And also the colour of the touch screen amd other not that important things. Usually the changes are to give a game a determined color or style to make it different and people can recognize it.

Years
    if anything i think we would just see a graphical update. the battle system in DPPt, in my opinion, was very good. obviously, it would be based off that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It would be based off of that because like said above it is mostly for the compatible reasons.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Abilities made the battle stage a lot more interesting, because it allowed new strategies to enter gameplay.

Or just cripple your mons for no reason (slow start...honestly?) or pretty pointless in the first place (Floatzel's ability makes him faster in the rain...why bother? He is one of the fastest water types around if not the fastest, why boost it by what, 2 more points when he'll more than likely get the first hit in anyways?). Besides, you can hardly tell nowadays with almost 80% of the little varmints using Pressure to reduce PP

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having the new abilites brought into the game will give the game more of a challenge.

@ Psyburn, having Swift Swim [I think that is the name of the ability, or at least something close] like I stated before adds new strategies to the gameplay. It allows people to build Rain Dance team around it. Abilities were put for a challenge, for a new twist, for the use of new strategies, and a lot is referenced to it when it comes to competitive battling. To tell you the truth, without abilities, the battling in games wouldn't be as fun, because the unexpected wouldn't be there anymore.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Or just cripple your mons for no reason (slow start...honestly?) or pretty pointless in the first place (Floatzel's ability makes him faster in the rain...why bother? He is one of the fastest water types around if not the fastest, why boost it by what, 2 more points when he'll more than likely get the first hit in anyways?). Besides, you can hardly tell nowadays with almost 80% of the little varmints using Pressure to reduce PP

Well actually the abilities are useful. Floatzel for instance, rain dance makes it even faster which is good because even though it already is fast, with it being even faster, it'll be harder to beat with all that speed.

I would want the fight, run, bag, and pokemon part of the battle system to have a different look than the other games. If they don't, I really wouldn't mind though.

Back