• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About time for a Tournament?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    hurr
    Just had a thought regarding teams. In regards to the 2v2 formatting, we could actually rotate the teams so the are more fair. So, say Katie and Gav are a team on round, and Rowan and I are a team as well, the next battle, it might be Katie and Rowan and Gav and I. (if that made any sense)

Just food for thought. I'm foreseeing either problems with fairness or handicaps or balance or whatever. Could possibly ease that up a little bit?

Though, I do agree with Katie just above in that free for all might be the way to go for this first tournament, and we can toy with teams later on when we get more activity/regulars.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Yusssssss, this is going through!
    And I would quite agree, 2v2 would definitely require some intricate thinking, so let's start off nice and simple first!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I'm thinking FFA too. I'll set up some team battles later. I want to bring back teams. Guilds if you will. A bit like Fringe.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    For those of you wondering what's going on and why the delay, I'm trying to get a forum-wide announcement up for the sign-ups. Also as a side note I have a college interview Tuesday, meaning I'm trying to fill up my portfolio a little more and get prepared.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    So, Gav has just announced that he is on a leave of absence for ~ 1 week, so I figure that this has waited long enough. If not an actual massive tournament that requires planning and different themes and stuff, who would be interested in a dumbed down tournament. Something as basic as a few single battles, losers getting eliminated until there is a winner. Essentially a tournament without the consideration of doing team battles, or anything fancy like that. Just 1v1 until one's left.

Thoughts?
    I figure it won't require massive planning, so we set it up in a few days and make it happen before we all forget about G&P and go on our merry ways.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Alright, what I'm going to do is PM everybody who signed up for the original tournament and ask them if they want to participate in this. Then I'm going to randomly select the names and assign a theme/limitations and PM the details to each person with instructions for what to do from there.

:D

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    It is for tags/signatures/banners, whatever you want to call them. So yeah, no drawing if you don't want! :D

I'll send you a PM with the details.

Also just a note to everyone, because the replies are sort of slowly trickling in, and I don't know if the remaining people are even going to be able to do it, so far we have 6 people who said yes, (7 if we count ermJasko, last poster), the tournament will start when we get one more person to make it even, or in a few days, and somebody will just skip the first round.

So yeah, get warmed up or whatever, you'll get a PM from me shortly with who you are battling, and the specifications for your individual battles! :D

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Alright, just for your reference/interest/whatever, here are the names after being randomly generated.

About time for a Tournament?

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, no really uneven match ups or anything like that! :D

In case that isn't clear, it is 1v2, 3v4, 5v6, 7v8.

Also, and this is important! I encourage and urge you all to vote in the battles that aren't your own. Because most of the active graphics people are in the tournament thing, we can't rely on all other people to vote, so try and vote in all the other battles, at least a few would be alright. GOOD LUCK! :D

Last edited:
    Back