• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Ugly pokemon

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    i dont like sinnoh pokemon OR the new graphics for vgames; THEY SUCK!!!! i dont like the fact their making all these STUPID evolutions for AWESOME pokemon

Then why are you here?

I for one, hate ugly(evolution) ones. But considering their awesome abilities, great movepools and super-stats, might as well add them to the team.

and what about ugly pokemon?
    well they're ugly.

Fourth generation was indeed not as promissing as any before it. The extra evolutions of previous generations given were unnecessary. YES; they were ugly. I want to smack the creators in the head.
    you know how they say looks don't matter and personality does?
    well its the opposite for pokemon,
    appearence matters, and stats don't.
    in my opinion. those who think stats are the greatest thing in the world can go right ahead and believe that. :)

Aesthetic person. I like beauty and combined with good stats, poof.

I contradict your opinion about the unnecessary evos, they are more powerful and fascinating than it's original. Like Rhyhorn to Rhyperior, the former sucks, but it's evo proves to be more awesome that that.

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Porygon-Z will always be 100x more original then your silly "Jolteon", or any of the eveelutions, for the matter.

Yes, I went there!

Also:

Electrivire is just as "original" as Raichu. It's basicly a bigger, stronger, more detailed version of it's pre-evolution, so I don't see a point in saying it's un-original, when there's tonnes of other pokes just like it.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    Aesthetic person. I like beauty and combined with good stats, poof.

I contradict your opinion about the unnecessary evos, they are more powerful and fascinating than it's original. Like Rhyhorn to Rhyperior, the former sucks, but it's evo proves to be more awesome that that.

Aesthetic? I guess that would describe it. o.o
    I may be misled, but I believe everyone appreciates a pokemon with an eye candy appreance, as well as some good stats to back it up.

You may go and play happily in the corner with your precious Rhyperior. (:

laugh out loud, hmm?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I don't say I like Rhyperior because of it's looks missy. I like it because of it's uber-rific stats.

And I'm not saying that I don't like beautiful pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Tangrowth, is just a cheap and uglier copy of Tangela.
    Not much creativity put into Tangrowth.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    What is wrong with the 4th gen?
    Unless people prefer contest over battles, i'd keep the Evo's.

Sure a Rhyperior may be Uglyer but overall which one has the better stats?

i have a Ugly Rhyperior agist a cute Rhydon. Rhydon may be cuter but it sucks with it's base stat of 485 while ugly Rhyperior's stat of 535 rules.

Many people are judgeing pokemon by thier look's rather than thier Abilities.

It's almost a shame.
    I think you're misunderstanding this whole concept. :x I'll explain. There are two different categories that you're combining into one:
    - Competitive Favoring: This is the favoring that comes with a Pokemon in battling. This is based purely on a Pokemon's potential threat in the metagame.

- General Favoring: This favoring comes from the general concept of who/what the Pokemon really is. This includes design, signature characteristics, etc.

For example, why do people like CUTE Pokemon? Pokemon such as Pichu, Cherrim, Azurill, etc. Is it just because of their strength? Of course not! It's because of their appearance that makes them so likeable. :3

So you shouldn't get the two mixed up. There's a difference to liking to use a Pokemon in a battle and just liking the Pokemon in general.

As for the 4th Generation, most dislike them because their appearance and originality lacked. Sure, some decently powerful Pokemon are being introduced (Rhyperior, the legends, etc), but people don't like them for their appearances and lack of originality. Tangrowth is a decent Pokemon in competitive; people like to use it, but they don't like it in general.

Stats don't matter as much as EV Training, movesets, and abilities, you know.​
    Yeah, actually it kind of does. :/ Stats probably matter the most, actually.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    The ugliest pokes are Probopass, Magmortar (seriosly, he looks like GutsMan from Megaman 1), and Gliscor, I also think that Tangrowth and Yanmega are ugly, I do not believe that Rypherior, Electivire, or Porygon-Z are ugly at all, but look at Gallades hips and elbows, also, his name sounds like an energy drink :D

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    The point of my previous post is, if you don't like a Pokémon's evolution, no one's making you evolve it/own it. You can still enjoy Rhydon and the others.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Actually the thing is that some people like them and some do not. I know that rhyperior is just a modified rhydon with superior stats but some people just like it. Come on people! How much are we gonna blame nintendo for having un-original pokemon? Even the people working in nintendo are humans afterall! I like those new evos no matter what anyone says. (I dislike tangrowth and licklicky though!)

The point of my previous post is, if you don't like a Pokémon's evolution, no one's making you evolve it/own it. You can still enjoy Rhydon and the others.
    That's something good!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Weird, the only evolution I didnt like was Probopass, since it looks like a mutated Mario.

never heard this one before
    but I don't have a problem with any of the evolutions based on their looks but I do based on their types like a male Kirlia evolving and not making a Ghost type Eevee but making an Ice type one >=[

:t354:TG

Harumi-chan

L o v e . M e . H a t e . M e
    Years
    Ugliest pokemon to be is Exploud, Gallade freaks the hell out of me, I mean wtf. He could've looked better I mean that thing could've been a beautiful Gardevoir they didn't have to make the male version so ugly XD

Back