• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #21] Corphish and Charizard!

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • We're finally into the next round!

VS

Gee, I wonder who will win...​

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    You just can't go wrong with Charizard. One of the best developed Pokemon in the anime and it holds beating an Articuno.

Poor Corphish...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • At least in terms of battling I'd say Char is the best. Charmander began the first in the string of abused pokemon and I thought it was one of the best storyline of the Original Series. Charizard is one of those pokemon were every time I see him I get excited, because I know something awesome is going to happen.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm going with Charizard too because of how its personality developed over the course of the series. It's also one of Ash's strongest Pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ah. Sadly, I'll also be going for Charizard, there just isn't any contest. Corphish was great comedy, but honestly Charizard has given us more comedy thoughout the series, including being one of Ash's most powerful Pokémon.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • They're not even comparable. I voted Charizard for sure. Corphish doesn't match his opponent at all !
    Charizard is one of the best Ash's Pokémon ever, one of the fans' favourite. And I think a lot of fans here have grown up with it, not with Corphish.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ...poor Corphish lol. (dear god I still cannot spell its name for my life, even the proper spelling looks wrong to me)

I'm not a Charizard nor Corphish fan but I'll go with the former; it had more interesting plots and worked its way up to being one of Ash's best Pokemon to date. Not much of a competition. Corphish was a lot like Totodile in my eyes - all comedy but nothing past that.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • Corphish, because I'm a hipster for today.

Also, he has proved himself to be a rather powerful Pokémon, despite his lower evolved stage. I mean, he beat some powerful foes (and he kind of had to, seeing as how he was Ash's principle water in Hoenn).

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • When you have Charizard in a competition like this you might as well put him through to the finals and just have the winner between every other Pokemon compete with him.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Wow I would have love to see Charizard vs Infernape instead but I guess we all know who would win this match. I would have to go for Charizard which is obvious. Charizard personality development was good, a power house Pokemon and also the relationship he had with Ash. Corphish was a good Pokemon but didn't have much like Charizard did.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • poor corpish, facing up with one of Ash' most awesome pokemon.

going for char since he had a more interesting story to tell than corpish. The episode where char was left behind, i nearly cried.

Maka Chop

【・ヘ・?】
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I hate both of them, but Charizard gets my vote. At least it's a little less annoying, and its battles are a little more believable for the most part.

Back