• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #6] Bayleef and Charizard!

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Corphish barely came out on top in the last match-up!

VS

This time it's Kanto vs. Johto! One of these Pokemon always loved Ash from the get-go, but the other one... Not so...

Just choose your favorite...​

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Charizard was built up to be Ash strongest pokemon, and rightly so. It isn't one of those strong pokes with little to no personality either. When it didn't obey I loved it diva like personality. It essentially started the trend for mistreated Fire types on Ash team.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I choose Charizard, no contest. I mean, I've always loved Bayleef's character, and it even inspired me to never evolve any of mine. In short, that Bayleef is a bad ass in its own right, and her character's personality and antics were pretty likeable but still.. Charizard! Like, when comparing these two, it's just not a contest.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Charizard came a very long way from the time it was a Charmander that was abuse by it's trainer,it have since became one of Ash's true powerhouse pokemon and it is his strongest pokemon to date.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • This is a tough one, defiinitely...

On one hand, Charizard is a massive powerhouse behind Ash's team and had a very dynamic personality, going from a codependent little lizard to an arrogant, fear-mongering dinosaur, and finally to the dragon anti-hero turned close friend that we all know and love. I believe everyone has a place in their heart for Charizard. He went through his rebellious phases to try and prove his independence and eventually realized that everyone around him only wanted to be his friend and care for him, and he finally decided that he's better as part of a team than he ever was by himself. Charizard is definitely one of Ash's greatest allies and friends, and he could easily win this poll.

However, let us now turn to Bayleef. When Ash caught her as a Chikorita, she displayed a massive amount of will and determination, as well as battle prowess. She always listened unfailingly to Ash's every word, and she consistently attempted to prove herself to him. Also, certain evidence can suggest that she actually developed a sort of crush on her master/friend, and went out of her way to help him and show him affection. When Ash scolded her in "Turning over a New Bayleef!", she was understandably upset, as someone she loved was mad at her for something she did not intend to do. Plus, Bayleef was the only one of Ash's Pokémon to evolve during his entire travels throughout Johto, doing so in "Current Events!" (Phanpy and Cyndaquil did so as well, but this wasn't until MUCH later). As such, it can be seen that Bayleef was also a very important member to Ash's team, and perhaps held an even greater place in some people's hearts than Charizard, who has now been turned into somewhat of a cliché.

So, I guess my vote will go to Bayleef. Here's lookin' at you, kid.

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • This poll is pretty much pointless. ^^ I mean, sure, there's people choosing Bayleef as well, but Charizard is a strong fan favourite. If this poll was Sceptile VS Charizard or something like that, the competition would be interesting, but sadly if I remember, Sceptile was in a previous poll, right?

But let's see how this goes! : D Bayleef might get a chance in winning, somehow.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It would be more boring to have some of the two most favored pokemon go up against each other right off the bat. There wouldn't be much to look forward to in the later rounds then. And Sceptile went up against Butterfree in Week 3.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I think we know who going to win this round but I picked Charizard since Charizard was my favorite Pokemon he had back in the day and I always loved how it didn't listen to Ash all the time. Its a good Pokemon, strong and powerful. Bayleef wasn't that bad, she is strong and very adorable but Charizard out beats it.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

Meh. I think the only Pokemon that could really compete with Charizard are Sceptile, Infernape, and maybe Pikachu.
    Sceptile ,Infernape would never be able to compete with Charizard maybe Pikachu but that is about it.

Bayleef is a strong powerful pokemon, but Charizard is more powerful then any of Ash's pokemon.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • "Oshawott is the winner. Oshawott is much stronger then Corphish but he still got time to become even more stronger."

Yeah kind of like how Oshawott was the winner last week... Despite what you believe there are plenty of Sceptile, Infernape, and Pikachu fans. Only time will tell how the poll votes go.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    "Oshawott is the winner. Oshawott is much stronger then Corphish but he still got time to become even more stronger."

Yeah kind of like how Oshawott was the winner last week... Despite what you believe there are plenty of Sceptile, Infernape, and Pikachu fans. Only time will tell how the poll votes go.
    Believe what ever you want to but there are more fans of Charizard and Pikachu then there are of Sceptile or Infernape.

Bayleef was a very strong pokemon ,but Charizard had a very badass personality and he was also funny,he is also a very strong powerful pokemon.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Bayleef!!!!!!

Though I liked Charizard during the Kanto seasons, but Bayleef's determination & personality was just amazingly epic.

Back