• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #8] Buizel and Tepig!

Who's your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Snorlax beat Swadloon by a landslide.

VS

Which of these orange Pokemon do you like more?​

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Being as I haven't watched much of Sinnoh Saga I will go with Tepig. Even though Tepig has little personality thus far. And barely has any worthwhile moves outside of Flame Charge. On top of that it's the same generic Fire type backstory it was abused by a trainer and abandoned it.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Because of the fact that my interest in the anime series died halfway through Sinnoh and now I'll only watch Pokemon League, gym battle, and main-badguy-plot episodes, I'm going to choose Buizel cause I don't even know Tepig's character, nor do I want to.

And I've honestly always loved Buizel ever since it came out, haha.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Buizel, hands down. Not only does it have a personality of badassery, it's cute and I want to hug it. <3 I don't mind Tepig that much, but from what I've seen so far, Tepig does't really have much of a personality.

Plus, being a water type, Buizel puts that little pork chop out like a light!

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I voted for Buizel for a couple of reasons and Buizel's type advantage has nothing to do with it. Tepig' has very little personality in the Anime and they have reused the abandoned/ neglected fire type starter three times too many for me to just say d'awww and instantly love his character. Buizel on the other hand was a distinct personality but I don't think his backstory was ever revealed. Buizel wins this one in my mind due to having a distinct personality.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Buizel was a powerhouse water type and he was really strong. Tepig have a great backstory and he is a strong pokemon but his personality is barely shown at all. Buizel wins this one since he have a great personality.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Tepig seems like an unnecessary addition to Ash's team, it just felt like they threw him in because they wanted him to have all three starters. For that reason I choose Buizel and because Buizel totally owned Paul's Gastradon.

Years
  • I voted for Buizel cos it's a Water type and I saw more anime episodes featuring Buizel than Tepig. It got me to know Buizel's personality better.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm going to have to go with Buizel. As of now, I don't think personally, that we've seen enough of Tepig. I would like it to gain a little more personality as it evolves, because as of now I find it a little boring.
    I didn't just choose Buizel because I'm not too fond of Tepig yet. Buziel has proved itself to be a very powerful battler, and even though some of us would have loved it to evolve, I think it's pretty awesome either way, with a very cool personality at that too.

But yeah, my vote goes to Buizel.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Buizel, hands down. Although I like Tepig I enjoyed Buizel more and how it became stronger in the Anime. It didn't even evolve during the series. I also liked how Buizel first went to Dawn but then moved over to Ash. It was great to see how well they worked together to become stronger. Tepig hasn't won that many battles and so far, we might not see many for a while until Ash starts training it more so for now and always, Buizel my vote.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • Ugh...Another tough one for me...Tepig definitely has not received much in the Personality and Development department (or in the battle department, either...) However, his eternal optimism and unfailing loyalty reminds me of Charmander...In fact, he may be TOO similar to Charmander for now...

But Buizel...He's always been a favorite of mine. His drive and passion for battling are incredible, and he has been the final piece of the puzzle in many of Ash's battles (i.e. Crasher Wake's Floatzel and Quagsire, Maylene's Lucario). Buizel's personality and role on Ash's team is very difficult to describe, but everyone knows he fills that niche well. My vote goes to him now.

Years
  • I voted for Buizel, simply because we all know Buizel so well. On the other hand, Tepig...I don't think of him much, in fact there weren't any episodes that really dedicates toward Tepig. But if this poll was snivy or Buizel....Snivy all the way.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I voted for tepig even though it had little to no personality at the moment but i hate Buziel i hate the pokemon and i hate the anime one. I know this is bad but one of my favorite moments of Sinnoh was when Buziel got hammed in Dp108 (dealing with defensive types)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I Choose Tepig due to the lifestyle that he had before and because I never liked Buizel to begin with. I just hope that its personality develops a bit more through out the series.

:t354:TG

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Personality here, personality there. I like 'em both, but I somehow dislike Buizel's design a little. Pokabu is best when he's called Pokabu xD and Ash seems to want to use him when he needs a strong pokémon up. He's using Pokabu more often than Tsutarja from what I've seen.

But still... Buizel is really strong and cool and I loved his battle with Lucario at Maylene's gym. Buizel gets my vote.

Years
  • Buizel was one of the best Pokemon with great character development Ash ever had. Tepig is too cliche as the 'Fire-type-Pokemon-that-was-abused' and well, I've not seen much of its personality. I like Buizel's character development from the over-powered and cocky Water-type to a strong-willed and resolute down-to-earth Buizel who is loyal to his Trainer. :3

Back