• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ABY is going slightly more offensive! (OU RMT)

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
Years
  • Yes, you see it; I'm going with a slightly more offensive team with potentially some of the oddest sets to come for most of my team.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Explosion
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

ScarfZone leads for me, and it has a HUGE surprise when you KO a slightly weakened Gengar wanting to KO you, or revenge that dragon. Really fun to play with.

---
    Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 248 HP/36 Def/192 Spd/34 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Dragon Claw
    - Roost
    - Substitute

YOU DO NOT MESS WITH SUB-ROOST NITE! lol I had to say that. Anyway, this is a lil invention I made, and it works exceptionally well. Sub when they switch to something, and Roost or attack as needed.

---
    Gengar (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 66 Atk/252 Spd/192 SAtk
    - Focus Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute

Standard enough of a McGar; really causes problems for a lot of teams.

---
    Heracross (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 204 HP/58 Atk/180 Def/68 Spd
    - Megahorn
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Brick Break

Rest/Sleep Talk defensive Heracross with dual-STAB. Brick Break is keyly for Lucario, who I have trouble against. no coverage of fliers hurts a good bit, sadly, AND I'm walled by Gengar, which is really sad...

---
    Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spd
    - Power Whip
    - Leech Seed
    - Knock Off
    - Sleep Powder

Gyarados counter and Knock Off utility, as well as a more reliable sleep inducer.

---
    Starmie @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

My real revenge killer, as well as my spinner when needed. It has helped me a lot over the past while.

---

Yeah, I know the team has some glaring weaks, but I've wreaked havoc on Smogon against a majority of teams. Then again, some of them are noobish. Severe MixApe weak, which I can outspeed with Magnezone or Starmie. I have no everlasting rock resist, which is a problem.

Last edited:

UUUser

t(¯¬¯t)
    Years
  • IMO,
    Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
    - Explosion
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    HP Ground over Ice to OHKO Leadtran

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 66 Atk/252 Spd/192 SAtk
    - Focus Punch
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute
    I'd Prefer Leftovers over Expert Belt for SubPunch Gar

Swap Mamoswine with Donphan

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Ability : Sturdy
    EVs : 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
    Impish nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Stone Edge/Toxic
    Donphan is bulkier than Mamoswine

Years
  • HP Ground lets a huge number of threats switch in and Set up on you.
    Expert Belt on Gar is there to guarantee a 2HKO on Bliss and Lax, so you lose a hell of a lot of power otherwise.
    Donphan is good, but Ice Shard is far weaker on it, which is one of the main reasons Mamo gets use.

Good thoughts, though.

ABYAY

Years
  • Well, I've applied some changes to the team, so check them out at your own will and give me some assistance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I prefer this spread on my Rest Talk Hera : -

204 HP / 58 ATT / 200 DEF / 48 sp.def @Impish with Brick Break >> Stone Edge =x.

It seems more successful than the standard whenever i used it, idk.

EDIT : - Oh snap. This is actually along the "Lucario counter" lines Or you can just max hp and def =3 @Impish.

Last edited:
    Years
  • One way to deal with Luke would be to switch in Gengar, take the Closw Combat, switch in Hippo and take whatever gets thrown at you. If it happens to be another CC, you should be able to take it and do a considerable amount of damage with Ice Shard, due to the Def drop. Or just EQ if you can take another CC.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i'm not digging the gar. does it even 2hko calm, 252 def bliss? speed might be what's driving the set, but you need some more attack in there. you should reevaluate what it is absolutely necessary to outrun on a subpunching set, most especially obscure sets that run encore. i'd also suggest leftovers, but maybe you should consider tbolt over hypnosis.

ima bit worried for the dragonite site. it seems easily countered with no attack investment. when you're roosting behind the sub, there's plenty of opportunity to set up on you. i'm confident that'll hardly be an issue for you, of course, but i think it's still something to be concerned about it.

ABYAY

Years
  • McGar with those EVs does 2HKO the Calm Bliss and still 2HKOs Bold Bliss iirc

The Dragonite set shines later in the game when you remove their setup Pokemon. It holds enough speed to take Ice Beams while Roosting (some only do about 35% on the Roost.) It's pretty defensive, but I might switch to a more aggressive sub-puncher.

Yes, the Heracross needs to be able to take punishment from Luke. I'm going to eventually swap to that set you have above.

Years
  • Um, now that I look at it, All-out Mixape hurts. Swords Dance Weavile looks like it would hurt, too.
    I can't really see a problem with any of your sets, so yeah. Run yourself a threat list.

ABYAY

Years
  • That's gonna take me ages. lol note that I'm not quick at such things in finding threats.

I've been doing some random changes recently, so I'm trying to find what fits me best

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait, how is he Mixape weak? He has like the best counter to it EVER (Besides Tentacruel) aka Starmie. It resists Apes whole moveset and outspeeds it, even if you predict wrong it lives an LO unboosted Grass Knot and you can then Recover off the damage. If you switch star in on a Nasty Plot you win regardless due to said speed superiority. Im sure Nite can back up starmie in taking all hp Ice-less Mixape too.

Whats funnier is that Scarf Magnezone and Gengar can both outspeed it aswell ,and can easily revenge kill it.

However a much more daunting prospect for your team is Nasty Plot/Grass Knot/Flamethrower/Psychic Azelf, the only thing that stands even a chance is Magnezone (Nite gets OHKO's with SR up iirc) on the revenge kill, however im unsure if you can OHKO with T-Bolt (Most probably not). You may want to invest a revenge killer or something for that. Scarfing that Heracross and Using Megahorn/Close Combat/Stone Edge/Sleep Talk, may be beneficial and that way you can still absorb status. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Yes, Mamoswine insted of Donphan.
    Are you sure you need to SubPunchers? I don't think Gengar needs it.
    No Fighting-type move an Heracross...that's a first time I see that...

ABYAY

Years
  • My team has gone from less countering and more revenging. I'll be updating it today.

MixApe does give me problems with my new team set though, so I'll be finding out how to resolve it here eventually.

Years
  • Yes, Mamoswine insted of Donphan.
    He had Mamo there and decided that Donphan was better for taking care of physical hits. The only reason I can see for changing back is for a better Ice Shard with Skymin around...
    Are you sure you need to SubPunchers? I don't think Gengar needs it.
    It's there to break Blissey/Snorlax. I actually works well, so Gengar can sweep.
    No Fighting-type move an Heracross...that's a first time I see that...
    Close Combat would be bad on a set that sits in for a while, due to the Def drops. After Stab, Brick Break is still massively underpowered in comparison.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I really, really, really hate this team. Because it destroyed my monoteam. literally.

Mixape won't be a problem, since you can OHKO it with LO STAR STAB surf or Gengar Shadow Ball. As D_A said earlier, the latter part of his name gives you problems. You could opt for a S-Puncher on yourteam, or try this set, which I found out causes lots of problems to setting up Azelfs and Gars and such:

Pokemon @ Life Orb
    ????? Nature
    252 Spe/ 252 Atk or 252 Spa/ 6 HP

Move 1
    Move 2
    Move 3
    Punishment

Any pokemon with punishment wrecks Azelf, especially those who outspeed it. I find a Mixape best at running the set.

ABYAY

Years
  • hardcore, sadly, that logic is flawed about MixApe. Punishment has 60 BP without boosts, meaning 120 BP against Azelf. At the same time, my STAB Flamethrower has 135 BP. Also, not many Pokemon with Punishment can really take on Azelf, if any. MixApe is outsped and KO'd.

Oh yeah, I have TWO Sub-Punchers. lol

*Team updated*

Last edited:

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
  • I don't think you need 2 subpunchers, do you?
    Gengar dusn't strike me as the best subpuncher neway so I wud jst stick wiv dragonite for that job. Lovin the spreads on your heracross n starmie, they will help you out alot.
    Other than that this teams got everything. Nice work!

Back