• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Acanthite Teaser Trials - Frondilo

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
  • It's been a long time. A very long time.

Here is a tester for the upcoming Acanthite TCG to see what people make of the cards. This is not necessarily part of the promotional series, but is an example of what it might look like.

Acanthite Teaser Trials - Frondilo

Opinions would not only be appreciated, they are crucial. Please let us know what you think of the card design.

Rekon

Gekkomodo! I Choose You!
    Years
  • That looks very professional, and the art is very sugi-ish. All in all very good.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • you did great on the card design, no doubt about that.
    if you want nitpickiness, it looks a little chunky to me.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • I find the art amazing. Though the pose is very sugi-like, the shading is moist and smoother, and that goes well with Frondilo's froggy appearance and with its coloring.

About the blank, I fins it very neat. It remembers (sp?) of Gym Sets back in Gen I. Even so, I find the green you used to be kind of too light for the fonts. To perfect it, you could make the text already in the blank a little darker, coz else it looks kind of a copy from a scanner. I also think that the green used on the description area is very uniform, and looks not very good.

About the card, I find the name font to look a little wierd, too big (couldn't find any better wording). I also find it kinda overpowered for a starter basic, though the promo cards tend to be made to fare well on their own.

Overall, it's really amazing, I find it a great job.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    I like it. It looks very professional, but some of the text seems to be a little blurry as it gets to be smaller (or italicized).

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    wow nice fake there :D love it dude hope you can complete your tcg fake cards coz its very awesome :D

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I admire you for creating such a wonderful new generation of Pokemon being so persistent in the making of Acanthite. The card is absolutely wonderful, as if it were real. The only thing that I dislike is the background of the image graphic - is it supposed to be so pixel-ish? My opinion is that the Pokemon within the card has a more cool and sleek look, and the background should match instead of having a rough and pixel-ed design. The green below the PokeDex entry should be a bit lighter too. Overall, it is beautiful - great job!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • The background isn't pixel-ish! It has 'Paint Daubs' is PS

That's the one :) As Ken Sugimori's backgrounds are often blurred in some way, I figured I'd make Frondilo itself stand out as opposed to the background. The focus is on Frondilo.

Thanks for all the comments and advice :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    It's AWESOME. Maybe we could request, because I'd like Pachirisu on one. All you need to find is a good picture.
    Pachirisu Lv.25
    Moves:
    (free)Spark
    Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.
    (E)Super Hyper Gnaw 20
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    It's AWESOME. Maybe we could request, because I'd like Pachirisu on one. All you need to find is a good picture.
    Pachirisu Lv.25
    Moves:
    (free)Spark
    Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.
    (E)Super Hyper Gnaw 20
    Thanks!

There won't be any requests - I used to work on Acanthite TCG, so I can tell you that there is a definite set list and people who work on card text for the cards in it.

Back