• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ACC-M and Porygon-Z Present: The Land of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomp

Mors Ontologica
Years
  • OOC: Oh my, would you look at the time. Its FIRST POST O'CLOCK!

IC:

"Wow…"

"I've never seen a Pokemon like that before."

"What's it called mister?" There were three or four children crowded around the unfortunate Sudowoodo and its companion. The large Ground type looked as menacing as he could, but it was no use; they were fascinated. The man accompanying the tree-like Pokemon turned to face the child that had addressed him,

"his name is Amet and he is a Sudowoodo. I wouldn't crowd round him so much though; he can be a bit unfriendly." The small boy looked at Jebren, staring at the man studiously before asking (rather bluntly),

"Mister, what's wrong with your eye?" The children were gathered round him now, staring at his blind left eye with just as much amazement. Before he could answer, a barrage of new questions was assuaged upon him.

"Can you see out of it?"

"Does it hurt?"

"Can I touch it?" Jeb chuckled at the youths as they spewed forth their childish curiosity. Amet, however, was not as happy as him.

{These children annoy me. If they do not stop talking soon, I shall have to-}

"Now now Amet, be reasonable. They are only children, and they are allowed to do this kind of thing." One of them, a girl, turned her head to the Sudowoodo and stuck her tongue out. The rest giggled mockingly until the Amet could bear it no more. He lashed out, attempting to grab the girl with his spherical fingers.

"Ahh! Its going to eat us!" She screamed, and with that they all took off down the street, whooping and yelling as loudly as they could. When they were out of sight, Jebren turned to a nearby alley,

"its okay Bene, they're gone." He said, as a Houndour slunk nervously from the shadows.

{I hate children.} She growled, pawing at the dust, {they're all the same; poking, scratching, pulling at any bit of me they can get. And if I do anything I am to blame. Me.} She shook her head and made an offended noise. As they continued talking; Jebren noticed two boys at the top of the street, older than the children who had been crowding him. They looked unhappy, and were talking in hushed tones about something as they walked in tandem down the narrow road.

"Excuse me gentlemen, could I possibly ask you for some directions?" Jebren stepped out to confront them, one of his hands raised, index and middle finger pointed to the sky. One of the two, a black haired individual, looked Jebren up and down before replying.

"Who are you?" He and his friend stared quizzically at the man and his two Pokemon. Jebren looked back at them, still hoping for directions.

"You're not from around here are you?" The other boy asked, still studying him

"No, no I'm not. That is why I need directions." Jebren really didn't need this. Their judgment of him was wasting precious time he could be using to meet the Avatar of Ho-Oh. Which he wanted to do. Quite a lot.

"G'head and ask then." The black haired one scoffed, trying to stare Jebren down. His friend joined him in their now joint attempt to psyche Jebren out. He simply smiled and asked his question.

"Could you possibly tell me how one would get to the Avatar's house from here?"

"Don't go there! That's where the witch is staying!" One of the boys blurted out, seemingly worried for him. Jebren looked puzzled; no one had mentioned any witches up until now.

"Witch?" He tried. These two would obviously be able to shed further light on it. At his feet, he heard Bene growl a little,

{I do not like either of you. I dislike you even more than I dislike most children; which is quite a lot anyway.} Jebren hurriedly hushed the Houndour; he wanted to hear about this so called 'witch'.

"The one eyed witch of the vale. She stole my Psyduck for a potion and then tried to turn us into Poliwags." The black haired one began to explain

"Then why is she with the Avatar of Ho-Oh?" Jebren interjected. The Avatar was supposedly good, and would have no good reason to be associating with witches and their like.

"She wants to suck away all of the Avatar's powers and use them for evil." The second boy told him. This was quite enough explanation for Jeb, who drew out his crossbow, loading and readying it as he asked once again for directions. They hastily told him, in the hope that he would go there and kill this evil witch.

{I'm not sure how I would fare against a witch.} Amet fretted as he tried to keep up with Jebren, who was now running at full pelt towards the residence of the Avatar.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Ahh, I see. Heh, I was just experiencing a bit of start-of-the-RP confusion there. xD

Anyways, it's all good now. ^-^

IC:

As was always the case when someone blindsided her, Silence spun around with a frightened yelp when Ambrose approached, and the moment their eyes met (Well, more like the avatar's eyes met her solitary one), the black-haired girl froze in fear. Those eyes, the sensation was hard to explain, but to Silence it felt like she wasn't just being looked at, but looked through, those two spheres of orange burning right through her eye, through the weather-beaten face and worn bandages, right down to the very depths of her soul, just like...the girl trembled, despite Ambrose's gentle manner. Yes, it was just like that time. That fire would shine through her, that fire would judge her, and like before: that fire would condemn her. Tainted, impure, worthless...the words resounded within her head over and over again, the girl not daring to look away even as the sensation bordered on unbearable.

And then it was over.

"Don't worry. I know you're no witch. I'll protect you."

Silence didn't know how to react to this. She had been sure that this strange girl with the piercing eyes would have condemned her, but instead she was...protecting her? The healer's lips moved a few times, vainly attempting to formulate a thank you, until she eventually gave it up. Even though the look had barely lasted for a second, it had been like staring into the sun and she was still recovering, simply watching in awe as this beautiful stranger with the golden hair proceeded to scold the townspeople for their ignorance, declaring that Silence was under her protection.

The black-haired girl tried desperately to mouth a response when Ambrose proceeded to invite her inside, to the house of a friend, but all of her words were still covering within the recesses of her mind, terrified by the light, and refused to step up. Instead, she settled for a timid nod, barely managing to hobble after the avatar for the mixture of gratitude for all the girl had done for her and fear that all of this would be taken back, that those eyes would stare into her again and deem her unworthy. Much to Silence's surprise, the crowd behaved differently from usual. No-one shoved her, no-one mocked her or tried to throw rocks at her departing back, no-one dared as much as whisper nastily. Instead, people made way as she trailed after Ambrose.

{Are we dead?} Silk inquired from within the confines of Silence's cloak, {I need to know! Are we dead yet?!}

{This is rather unusual.} Eclaire remarked calmly, casting a fascinated glance at the awe-struck crowd as she trod past them.

"Is that all you can say?" Silence whispered, slightly irritated by how lightly the Absol was taking the situation, "We were just saved by the avatar of Ho-oh."

The dark type tilted her head quizzically at the statement, {Well, isn't that rather unusual?}

Silence would have laughed were she not so nervous. As it was, her face briefly contorted into a grimace of a half-grin before returning to serious again. After all, she was going to be in the presence of both the avatar and a friend of hers; she had to be on her best behavior. It was at this point, stepping into the house, that the girl became painfully aware of just how out of place she was, how hideous her half-frozen face, the damp bandages and the mop of soaked, black hair had to look, how worn the dress and cloak were, and just how much water she was bringing in with her.

Silence froze as soon as she had gotten in through the doorway, keeping her eyes firmly nailed to the floor, too timid to speak up. Healers were given shelter occasionally, but it was usually a sheet in a barn and possibly a piece of bread for breakfast. This...this was a good house, a beautiful house, well-built and warm. Sacred, even, and there Silence was...feeling like the water steadily dripping onto the floor from her clothes was already marring the sanctity of the place. She wanted to speak up, to explain that she didn't mean to intrude, maybe to ask about the Psyduck who was currently holding onto the hem of her skirt, looking just as helpless as the girl herself, but she didn't dare. The avatar had already done so much for her, and Silence felt like asking for more would be impudence beyond measure.

This awkward state of things lasted for a few minutes, until Eclaire suddenly tensed up. The healer immediately turned more alert at this, turning to her companion.

"Here?"

The whisper was barely audible, but it received a nod in response from the Absol.

Swallowing hard, Silence plucked up what little courage she had left and raised her eyes from the floor, although she still couldn't bear to look either of the room's occupants in the eye.

"Trouble is heading this way." she remarked softly, "Na-" she cursed her own stupidity, "Eclaire...my Absol noticed something." the girl swallowed again, "Something bad." she finished lamely.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • OOC: I apologize for being late, I had school to finish

IC: The spring sun shone brightly down on the lush, green fields surrounding the small shack where Kol called home. The shack was originally meant for storage, but for a reason not know to him. It was a small shack, only two rooms and a shabby kitchen. Kol loved it. Despite being small, the shack served every need he had. But, like all things in life, the shack wasn't free.

"I guess it's time we head to town, eh Aipom?" Kol drowsily asked his purple monkey. Aipom, usually a bundle of tame less energy, sleepily looked up from its perch on Kol's shoulder and gave a faint nod. It was quite apparent that the Pokemon was exhausted.

"I know you're tired, but we've got a long day ahead of us," Kol murmured, gazing at the town off in the distance. It didn't take very long to reach the town, and the scenery on the way there was gorgeous. Just another reason why Kol loved living out in here. The hardest part about getting to town, however, was getting started. There were so many ways for one to get distracted before a long sprint, and Kol often fell victim to such distractions.

Today however, he managed to take off without much delay. For some reason, energy seemed to flow into his body like the rays of the sun soaking the earth. He started off slow, but quickly picked up his pace. Before to long, he was in an all out sprint, the way he usually delivered messages.

"What a nice day..." Kol pointed out to Aipom, deciding that she had rested long enough. But in fact, it was a nice day. The sun was shining, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Everything seemed to be going perfect. Kol couldn't imagine anything to ruin such a splendorous day.

After a while, Kol arrived at buildings on the far edge of town. They weren't anything impressive, mostly farming houses. Nevertheless, this was where Kol received the most business in the early hours. So as usual, he slowed to a jog and pattered between the houses waiting for a customer to flag him down. It didn't take long for a guard to wave him over.

"Ah, Kol! Just the man I was looking for. Please take this to Madam Avatar, she needs to be informed that the Western and Eastern Armies are moving." The guard barked in his rough voice. Kol was usual to such treatment, so as usual, he nodded and turned to head into town.

{That idiot, doesn't he know that Ambrose knows about the armies?} Aipom seemed to have snapped itself out of its daze.

"Well," Kol panted, "She does... but I guess it never hurts to be on the safe side." Kol had trouble speaking while he ran, as he did every morning. It was something about the morning air that made his throat simply not want to work to his control.

{But you don't get paid for messages from guards} Aipom whined, though it knew the outcome of this battle.

"That may be, but it's a public service. I should feel honored to deliver a message for the guard. And it doesn't hurt that it's to that attractive young Avatar, eh?" Kol couldn't help but grin at the thought of seeing her. Her blond hair and orange eyes were stunning, but it wasn't as if he'd seen them up close. He'd never actually met her, only seeing her from afar.

{Oi....} Aipom was obviously annoyed at this. Of course, Kol was used to such responses. Aipom was, of course, a female. He didn't expect her to drool over pretty girls like he did.

Kol made his way into the town, and began to look around for the blond girl. He noticed it was strangely empty here, and only when he stopped did here some commotion from a few buildings down. He sprinted down to the racket, where he saw a crowd huddled around to boys. And, Kol noticed happily, Madam Avatar was there! Or rather, she was walking away with another girl who looked as if she'd be blown over any moment.

"Madam Avatar!" Kol called as he took off towards her. The Avatar seemed not to have noticed, and led the other girl inside a house. Kol didn't like to intrude on people's homes, but a job was a job...

"Madam Avatar!" Kol called again as he came up to the house. He slowed down and made his way up to the door. Ambrose was standing not ten feet from him! She looked much prettier up close. Kol couldn't help but put his hand on her shoulder when he walked up, extending his fingers suggestively down her chest.

"Excuse me m'lady," Kol bowed, "But I have a message from the east post guard. He asked me to inform you that the western and eastern armies are moving." Kol spoke a little rushed, still out of breath from his run. The sun didn't feel so refreshing now, and sweat was beginning to form on his forehead. In an attempt to remove the sweat, and to get the wild curls out of his face, Kol gave his head a couple of shakes, feeling satisfied as his hair was out of his eyes.

OOC: On the short side, but I thought it was a good way to introduce Kol.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    Can people still sign up? If so, here's my intro/profile:

Full Given Name: Arthur Roland
    Nicknames: Art, on occasion, but he doesn't care for it
    Homeland: Sacred Lands
    Title (If any): Defender of the City, not that that really means anything these days. (see below)
    Appearance: Dresses primarily in black, with mail, breastplate, and light helmet in battle if needed. Tall and strong, but not incredibly heavy-muscled. Has bright green eyes and completely black hair. As for weapons, he has a shield passed down through the family and a long sword that every Defender of the City is given when they accept their title.
    Personality: Rather cynical and unsettled for the most part. His title is apparently a great honor, yet there's nothing to DO with it. He used to be more idealistic and enthusiastic about things.
    History: Growing up, he had hopes of becoming a great hero, and was thrilled when the previous Defender of the City declared him his successor before retiring after seeing Arthur's performance in battle. "Defender of the City" is officially the title of the leader of the city's defense forces, and there is one in every city. The more modern equivalent of this title would be that of Gym Leader; however, league battling had not been developed yet and the Sacred Lands were in no need of a standing army, thus making Arthur's job a waste of time at this point. However, with warriors on the march toward the Sacred Lands, forming an army is starting to look like a good idea, at least to Arthur. At present, the only army the Sacred Lands actually have under Arthur consists of himself, Arcanine, and Nidoking.

RP Sample (REQUIRED):
    Arthur woke up to the sunlight streaming through the windows of the fortified building in the southwest corner of the chief city of the Sacred Lands. The only fortified structure in the area at all, it merely served as a reminder of what he could not have.

Curse this stupid place! he thought. If it weren't for this joke of a defender job, I could have been a real warrior!

Leaving his room upstairs, he went to the lower floor where the city guard was supposed to be assembled, or would have been anywhere else. Only his two partners were there.

(Still no possibility of an official army?) asked Arcanine, whom only Arthur could understand, as was typical.

"I don't know," he said. "If we could raise enough interest, I'm sure somebody would join. After all, with invading armies on the way, people are going to take an interest in defending their land."

"Nidoking!" Arthur shouted at the other of his partners over on the other side of the room. "I have something you could do."
    Nidoking wandered over.
    (What's that?) he asked.
    "I'd like you to put up a few of these around town, get people interested." Arthur set a stack of recruiting posters on the table in the center of the hall.
    (How is this going to work any better than your last plan for building a militia? Everybody's a pacifist here, you know.)
    "We're going to be attacked soon, and we're out of options. Please do this; it's not like we've got anything to lose."
    (Very well,) Nidoking growled as he walked outside.
    "As for me," said Arthur, "I'm going to talk to Ambrose about this. If she backs the idea of having an organized force protecting the area, it ought to help things out a lot."

Pokemon: Arcanine (Female)
    Pokemon's Personality: Friendly and willing to help out, Arcanine is quite intelligent as well as strong, and tends to be more of the optimist and idealist that Arthur used to be.
    History: Arthur travels occasionally, but is always going to be tied to the Sacred Lands due to his "duties" there. As a result, both of his partners came from fairly close by. Arcanine actually goes back to Arthur's childhood, where the two met in the fields just south of the Sacred Lands. She was only a young Growlithe then.
    Arcanine has some plate armor that she can wear in battle, similar to what some medieval knights used on their horses.

Pokemon: Nidoking (Male)
    Pokemon's Personality: More in line with the current Arthur, Nidoking is even more of a pessimist than Arthur is. Can be destructive when angry (which happens frequently), though Arthur's managed to get him to only break things like rocks, trees, and other inanimate objects in the field. Nidoking and Arcanine have a rivalry going on between them.
    History: Arthur found Nidoking in the woods of northern Liliore as a Nidoran. This Nidoran's parents had both been killed by bored Lilioran soldiers engaging in a hunting contest, so Arthur took him in. The reason Nidoking is so much of a pessimist and gets angry a lot probably has to do with what happened to his parents.
    Nidoking wears no armor, and doesn't need any since his tough hide provides him with plenty of natural armor.

(posted this earlier, but somehow it wan't showing on the main page, just on the thread.)

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • OOC: Mr. Jamie, you're a bit too late. Not only that, but this sign-up is sub-par. In all fairness, I think Zaiku was one better then you were, and he just missed making it in. Sorry. Better luck next time!

IC:

"Char! WHAT THE KRASHVELDT DID YOU DO TO MY TENT!"

The voice filled the morning air, causing flocks of smaller bird Pokemon to take flight, wary of the intense amount of aggression carried in the man's scream. Beside the small green war-tent, which was ripped through in several places, stood an intensely angry grey-haired man with a large, spiderlike creature perched upon his shoulder. Flanking him stood a large, rock-skinned creature that resembled some sort of bipedal rhino that had crossed its DNA with a long-extinct creature of some sort. In front of him stood an enormous, dragonlike creature, its head hidden under a headpiece that formed a protective covering for its skull. Along its shins, a pair of red-orange greaves that matched the coloration of its body were strapped, and a flickering flame spouted from the end of its tail. Smirking, the beast turned its back on the still-shouting human and took off rapidly, causing a backdraft that would have sent the man tumbling backwards into the mud had the rhinolike creature at his side not shot out his arm to steady the fall. With a groan, Victor Antechronos pulled himself away and straightened himself up. "I'm going to kill you for this, you overgrown lizard! And you know it too!" he shouted uselessly as the draconic beast flicked his tail and sped away towards his shelter, a cave at the upper end of the settlement. Victor spat on the ground. "Disgusting. That swinebag should have just stayed in Fandavale, he's more trouble then he's worth."

His spiderlike companion crawled up his back and began chirping and whistling next to his ear. Just ignore the jerk, he only does things like this to get a rise out of you. If you didn't get so angry all the time...

"I know, I know. He's a major pain in the arse, though. If I ever get my hands on him..." Victor's hands inadvertently clenched together in the motion of strangling some helpless victim.

His Rhydon, Cham, stood to attention. You'll do what, get eviscerated? If Char weren't bound by his own pride, he'd have slit your throat by now.

"I know that too, but I can dream, now can't I?" Victor replied, a familiar twinkle returning to his eyes.

Cham couldn't help the deep, rumbling chuckle that escaped his throat. Only you could have made a remark like that vaguely amusing, Victor. Anyway, it's getting late. We've wasted enough time that we probably won't make the meeting now, and I don't like the idea of keeping her... he searched for an appropriate title to apply to Ambrose, Gentleness waiting.

"Good point. You see to the tent, I'll see to the meeting. Rendezvous when the sun hits its zenith." Victor stated, as the affair suddenly became all business. His Pokemon nodded, before ducking into the mangled tent. With a sigh, Victor set off for the agreed-upon meeting place.

As he approached the meeting point, Victor was surprised by the number of people who had already shown up. Quietly, he cursed himself for his late uprising. Still, better late then never. Strolling into the midst of the group, he placed himself directly beside Ho-oh's Avatar. "So, Ambie," he stated, his voice lilting slightly, "Do we have a plan, or what? I'm all for the defense of our humble abode, but we're going to need a bit more then 'rally the people and charge'. A lot more."

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC: Ahhh.. so much attention. Oh dear. Oh my. What's a boy to do...

IC:

Ambrose looked to the messenger who had just arrived. He was sweaty and disheveled, but she was not one to judge people on their appearance. The aura he emanated was pink; a sign of innocence, kindness, purity. What he said she had already known, but it would of been awkward if she didn't pay any mind to the boy. Plus, his little Aipom was so dang cute, and it gave off the same pink aura as its master. Ambrose then reached into her pocket and began looking for some golden coins. She finally fingered three of them and pulled them out. She extended an open palm forward towards the boy.

"Those guards are always so grumpy. I'm sure they didn't even pay you. So take these as my gratitude for bringing me that message. If you'd like, you may rest here in the living room. You look so tired. You don't mind, do you Julius?" Ambrose asked, looking at the owner of the house. He nodded in agreement and pointed to a nearby chair for the messenger to sit. Then, Ambrose heard the voice she had been waiting for.

"So Ambie," the voice stated slightly, "Do we have a plan, or what? I'm all for the defense of our humble abode, but we're going to need a bit more then 'rally the people and charge'. A lot more." Ambrose turned Victor and smiled. She reached her arms out and hugged him with all the strength she could muster.

She let go of him and turned to face the rest of the crowd, "Well, this group is larger than I expected, but it matters not. What we discuss here concerns all who make their home here in the Sacred Lands. First, before we start, I'd like to attend to my young friend here... hmm... it appears I never got your name young lady. Well anyway, you can introduce yourself in a second. First, let me fetch you a new cloak. You look absolutely soaked. You must of been far if it was raining. If you don't mind, I'll gather you some new bandages as well. Wet bandages equal a terrible smell. If you all will excuse me," Ambrose said, disappearing from the room.

Meanwhile, Julius made his way to Victor, who was standing near where the Avatar was standing before. He smirked and wrapped his arm around Victor's shoulders and gave him a sheepish grin. "So, you got to hug the Avatar..."

{I think it was less a hug and more a greeting Julius. If you didn't notice, Victor didn't even hug back} Archibald said.

"Well, its rare that I see her hug anything except Honey. Isn't that right you big ol' bear you?" Julius said with the same stupid grin on his face.

{If the Avatar didn't care so much about you human, I'd rip your fac--} Honey said, he claws clenched together.

{Forgive him Honey. He always acts strangely when the Avatar is in our home. He lacks any control of his actions.}

"Hey, I take offense to that Archibald. I'm always this jovial and smiley," Julius said in protest.

{Ehh.. well I don't like coming here. This guys got no shiny things to collect.} Kiwi said, perched on the back of a nearby chair.

Ambrose's voice rang out from the other room, "Speaking of shiny things Victor, it appears Kiwi hear raided your collection and took one of your golden necklaces. I left it on desk near the entrance. You should probably grab it before my thief of a Honchkrow takes its again."

{Blah.. she never lets me keep anything...} Kiwi whined, throwing its wing in front of its face in disgust.

Ambrose then emerged from the room, a red cloak draped over one arm and a thing of bandages in her other hand. She walked to Silence and handed them to her. "I'm sure you'll want to redress yourself in privacy. Use the room I just came from to change. Once you return, you may introduce yourself to us all." Ambrose then leaned over and whispered to the girl again. "Don't be shy around us. None of us are bad people..." With that Ambrose stood up and walked to the seat next to Kol and sat. She smiled at the messenger and then waited patiently for Silence to go and change.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Silence's discomfort increased further as more and more people assailed the house, the young woman shuffling anxiously on her spot, trying to catch a glimpse of all the people around her without staring or attracting attention to herself. First there was this messenger who had apparently brought word of the very same disaster Eclaire had predicted. Even though he seemed to be the one closest to her age-wise - or perhaps because of this - Silence quickly turned her eye away, partly because he looked just a little bit frightening with his rough-hewn appearance and wild, crimson hair, but more essentially because that move he had just made struck her as highly inappropriate.

This was the avatar of Ho-oh, a sacred being to be respected, and he...Silence struggled to remove the mental image. If someone had touched her like...like that, she would probably have died of embarrassment. Ambrose didn't seem the least bit bothered, though, and gave the young man a few coins for his trouble before inviting him to come in and rest. Silence obviously didn't object to this, but she took a hesitant step away from the door at this point so as to ensure that the messenger wouldn't try to greet her in a similar fashion. Oh, it was probably needless bother (as if anyone would even look at a ragged vagabond like her when Ambrose's beauty was in the same room) but she still felt like doing it, just in case, pressing herself against the wall to take up as little space as possible.

That space, as it turned out, went to good use soon after as yet another stranger strode in. Distinguished...yes, that was probably the best way to describe him. Unlike Kol, this stranger didn't frighten Silence as much. Perhaps it was his grayed hair, further enhancing his status as Silence's senior, or perhaps the weatherbeaten and scarred face, but something about him made Silence feel a little bit less conscious about the oddities of her own appearance. The older man spoke up, inquiring about defense plans, and received a hug in greeting from Ambrose, a gesture which elicited a snide little remark from the one person in the room whom Silence hadn't plucked up the courage to look at yet. He was...Silence barely managed a glance at the handsome, well-dressed man before her eye darted as far from him as possible, the origins of a blush spreading across her face.

To compound the healer's embarrassment, it was at this point that Ambrose chose to address the issue of her wet clothes, effectively drawing in the attention that Silence had hoped to avoid. Even more embarrassed than before, Silence kept her gaze firmly nailed to the floor as the avatar left the room, not raising it again until Ambrose addressed her once more, offering a new cloak and a fresh set of bandages as well as a set of instructions.

Silence nodded timidly, accepting the offered objects and quickly disappearing into the appointed room with her pokémon in close pursuit, shutting the door behind her.

As soon as no-one was around to see, the young woman pretty much collapsed onto the floor, her pulse racing and her whole body trembling in a feeble manner as she pressed herself against Eclaire's fur.

"Nana..." Silence mumbled softly, her voice quivering, "I can't do this...I can't. All those people, I'm supposed to introduce myself to all those people and-" she searched for the words. No way, there was no way she could go through with this...Julius or the avatar alone would have been enough for her to all but lose her voice, but all of those people at the same time? But it was an order from the avatar; she couldn't disobey.

{Sometimes one must do these things regardless.} the Absol remarked calmly, nuzzling her charge, {Besides, it's not like one has never seen crowds before...}

"But this is different, nana." Silence protested feebly, "Usually-usually I just have to find out what's wrong with the pokémon and heal it. I just have to focus on the pokémon, I don't have to, I don't have to-"

{Say one's own name?}

Silence nodded, "I-I...can't lie to the avatar, can I?" she sighed, "I'll have to tell her...my real name..."

Eclaire shook her head, {One can never quite seem to grasp this human fascination with names.} she conceded, {One can not own such things; every name is as true as the other.}

"But-but that would be dishonest, nana." the young woman whimpered, "I can't be dishonest with the avatar."

{One should think that an avatar knows these things already.} Eclaire remarked, {And is 'Silence' not the name one is called by? It's as true a name as any.} the Absol nudged her trainer gently, {One should stop pondering these things and put on that colorful new skin one was so graciously given.} she nodded towards the cloak, {Who knows...} a roguish little grin spread across her face, {A certain male might find it attractive.}

Silence's face reddened considerably, "Nana, please!" she hissed.

{One supposes that the male might find it pleasing too.} Eclaire teased.

"That-that's not funny." the young woman persisted, still considerably red in the face as she rose to her feet, walking over to a nearby mirror, double-checking that the door remained firmly shut before carefully removing the damp bandages from her face and staring miserably into the mirror, "No-one..." she said quietly, her voice barely audible as she glared at her reflection, "No-one in their right mind could ever love someone like that."

{One finds that rather surprising.} the Absol replied, {It is not like missing an eye would make one's pups any worse.}

"Nana!" Silence replied in frustration, "It's not about the-the 'pups' as you say, it's-" she searched in vain for the words, "It's a human thing." she finished.

{Ah, that explains it.} Eclaire replied, {Though one must say, humans are very strange.}

Silence didn't reply, merely drying out her hair as best she could with the old cloak.

"Silk...could you..?" she added once she was finished.

{Do I have to?!} the Ariados moaned, already agitated by the sudden disappearance of the cloak's cover, {It's so demeaning.}

"Please?" the young woman pleaded, "You will get to sit under a dry cloak."

{Oh...oh, fine!} Silk snapped, wandering up the young woman's back and onto her head, grasping the offered locks with his front legs, holding them out of her face as she started put on the new set of bandages, {But I will have you know that I'm being horribly mistreated.}

Silence didn't reply, covering the left half of her face with trained speed before procuring a simple, wooden hairbrush from the depths of her dress and mindfully combing the pitch-black locks over her face until the bandages were completely covered while Silk grumblingly retreated out of view again. Nodding at the sight in front of her, the young woman then reached for the new cloak she had been given. It was red, one of the sunbird's colors...suppressing the thought that she theoretically had no right to wear such a thing, the young woman slung the cloak over her shoulders and attached it. It felt soft and light, far more comfortable than the rough cloth of her original cloak, and she had to admit that it was an improvement visually too. But of course...it would have taken a lot more than a new cloak to make her look even vaguely presentable. She chose to leave the hood down; after all, obscuring her face would have been disrespectful when making introductions.

Silence heaved one last sigh, shutting her eyes and taking a few deep breaths before she pushed the door open again.

The moment she stepped into the room the others were in, the young woman felt the familiar anxiety creeping up on her, wanting nothing more than to go and hide in the corner again, but she willed herself to stand on the spot and forced her gaze to meet the crowd, although she still didn't dare to look at anyone directly. Something soft brushed against Silence's right leg, and she didn't need to look to know that Eclaire was standing right beside her. That thought alone was enough comfort for her to find her voice again.

"I..." Silence was painfully aware of just how weak and frightened her voice was, but she pressed on all the same, "Silence." no, that might have been taken as an order or something, "My-my name is Silence." she clarified, her face already reddening, "It's...nice to meet you all." her expression was sad as always, of course, but she really wanted to mean it, "I-I'm sorry..." she finished, her blush deepening, "I'm not...very good with people, excuse me. Oh, and-" she briefly forced her gaze to meet Ambrose's, "Thank you-thank you for your kindness, madame avatar." with that and a hasty little curtsy she bailed for the nearest corner, her face a deep crimson and her heartbeat pounding in her head. She had looked like an idiot, a complete idiot, and she had probably offended everyone too. They would all hate her, just like everyone always did. She would only cause trouble for the avatar. She should never have come, EVER.

Eclaire didn't seem nearly as bothered as her trainer, glancing at the crowd - and the pokémon in particular - with fascination, {One must say...} she announced cheerfully, {This is most interesting company we find ourselves in and one should be quite pleased to be here. One has never really understood this human obsession with names, but one has been called Eclaire from time to time and might be called that again.} she curtly bowed her head to the group before trotting over to Silence, nuzzling the girl's palm in a comforting manner.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Kol's mouth fell open at the sight of the coins. They were gold. Gold! Why, he was lucky to make one silver coin a day, much less three cold coins. He could hardly believe his eyes. To be handing out quantities of money this size...but then again she was the Avatar of Ho-Oh. It was only natural that she would have large quantities of money at her disposal. Finally managing to comprehend what he had received, Kol looked up to Ambrose.

"Yes.. they are grumpy..." He tried to sound as respectable as he could, "Thank you, Madam Avatar. You don't know how much this money means to me." A grin spread across Kol's face. At any other moment, this would be the perfect time to leave, but he was invited to stay and he had gotten way more then he normally made. What would staying for a little while hurt? He carefully made his way past the other girl, and sat down in a chair.

It was then that another man entered the room. He looked quite older then the rest of the people in the room, and had a certain air of authority about him. Any other time Kol would have taken a liking to the man, but after watching Ambrose's affectionate display, he couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Why am I jealous though... It wasn't as if the embrace had been... romantic. And Ambrose was just an avatar... but still.

Jealousy continued to stab at Kol until Amborse brought the attention in the room to the drenched, weather beaten girl who had pressed herself against the wall. She looked as if she was trying not to be noticed, but Kol couldn't imagine why. Everybody in here seemed pretty normal to him. On any case, Ambrose offered her a fresh change of bandages, and a rather expensive looking red cloak. The girl took them, and disappeared into the room Ambrose had implied.

It wasn't long before the mystery girl reappeared, looking a little distraught. She stuttered a little, then introduced herself as Silence. Silence....Kol had never heard that name before. It was only after giving the girl a good look over did Kol recognize her. Why hadn't he noticed it earlier? She was the strange girl who had appeared in town a while back. It only made since she had gone with the name Silence, that's what everybody had called her for as long as Kol could remember.

"It's nice to meet you all, I'm Kol." Kol spoke as pleasantly as he could, Silence looked as if she might faint at any moment. He hoped he would be able to reassure her some, he didn't like it when people were sad. That is, he didn't like it if they were sad when he didn't want them to be. If he had just played a prank, being sad was perfectly fine. No. It was expected. Anything else would be an insult to Kol's abilities as a prankster. He couldn't help but grin at the memories of his rambunctious dealings in the past. But now wasn't the time to think of that, he turned his attention back towards the beautiful Ambrose.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Ambrose smiled as the young girl emerged from the room, decked in her new red robe and fresh, white bandages. She could be so beautiful... Ambrose thought, looking intently at the girl. Her aura was a fragile silver - Silence, as she just introduced herself, lacked confidence, was full of fear, but deep down, Silence was a strong, dedicated woman. Meanwhile, VICTOR WAS BEING UNUSUALLY QUIET, but I guess he had the habit of dozing off mid-conversation. Ambrose turned to Julius and tapped his arm gently. He too had dozed off and it took him a few seconds to turn his head and face the Avatar.

"Yes Ambrose?" he asked in his baritone voice. His hazel eyes were fixed upon Ambrose's vibrant orange ones. In his eyes, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It was tough to remind himself that she was one of the Gods that ruled this land, not a simple woman. But he couldn't help but to find himself attracted to her. When he first saw her, he couldn't help but to sway worse than the Bellsprout Tower of the south did. "Was there something you needed?"

"I'm so very tired. I got angry earlier and you know that... I tend to run out of energy when my emotions grow too fervent and overbearing," she said in an exhausted voicce. "Could you explain to everyone to basics of our situation?"

"Sure Madam... I mean Ambrose," he said, rubbing his head in embarrassment, and smirking awkwardly at the Avatar. She was obviously too tired to do anything except give him the death stare.

{Good one Julius.} Archibald chirped as he trotted his way over to his master side. If anyone could be considered Julius' top adviser, most would say it was Archibald. He was incredibly intelligent and he had acquired a great a vast amount of knowledge on the history, landscape, and situation of the Two Kingdoms. He placed his paw on his master's left knee and shook his head. {Keep calling her that and she might smite you.}

"Funny Archibald," Julius said, swatting his Slowking's paw off his knee. "Anyway, I guess its important that we all understand what's going on. Most of you know that Lliore and Fandavale are technically at war with one another. While they haven't engaged each other's army directly beside a few small skirmishes, they are intending to launch a massive assault on one another within a week. They plan to stage this battle here in the Sacred Grounds. From what I've learned from a few contacts back in the Lliorian Court, the Avatar of Lugia has taken almost complete control of the King's actions. The only thing he has yet to obtain is the title itself. For those of you who have met Lugia's Avatar, he was far from what we expected. He was callous, sarcastic, cruel, demanding, and overall, not Ambrose. He was easily tempted by Gora's spies and left the Sacred Grounds a few months ago. From what Ambrose was telling me, something occurred when the two were being 'born' several months ago. While her transformation to this form went normally, something disrupted Lugia's chambers. So when he came to be, he wasn't in his normal state..."

Ambrose chimed in, "Gregarius and I share a psychic bond. He has a vague idea what I'm doing and the same goes for me with him. This keeps a check of sorts on both of us. We can't read each other's mind or tell what they're doing, but we can feel the other's emotional state. And lately, he's been frustrated. I don't know why, but he's constantly tense and angry. But don't let his state fool you. He's much more calculating than I am, and he has every power I possess. The only thing he has no control over is fire. I essentially am the same way, except I have no realm over the element of water. We were born with these limitations long ago. I won't be surprised if Gregarius goes into battle with the rest of the Lliorian Army. He's too powerful for either human or Pokemon to engage. Thus, I too must enter the fray, to ensure his powers are checked and don't hurt either Pokemon or human..."

"So, we basically have to tell the soldiers that no one is to engage Gregarius whatsoever. This always means that since Ambrose is going to be in the battle, we must take special precautions to protect her. If I know King Gora, he'll do anything to take out who he considers the leader of our group," Julius said.

{Kiwi and I can handle the protection of the Highest One. You humans need not worry about her. Our duty is to protect her with our lives...} Honey interjected, awakening from he daze. She stood and her imposing figure towered over the seated figures. She shook her head violently. {If anyone intends on touching the Highest One, I'll rip them from limb to limb. She is my fourth cub. No one touches my cubs and manages to leave with their bodies intact.}

{So violent Honey. But she is right. We were asked by the Three Spirits to protect the Highest One. We will do what we were asked, even if it means we are lost in the process.} Kiwi said, basically repeating what Honey said.

"Like anyone can understand the two of you. But thanks. They told me they're here to protect me, so you all should just worry about yourselves and the Sacred Grounds. We can handle ourselves," Ambrose said, patting the arm of Honey, who had walked over to her. Kiwi came and landed on the back of Ambrose's chair and nuzzled her.

"Silence, Kol. The two of you are by no means bound to fighting for the Sacred Grounds. You both seem so strong though, that it would be a tremendous help to us all, including the Avatar," Julius said, looking at the two outsiders.

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • OOC: My brain is running on empty at the moment; sorry about this frankly shoddy post. I should go eat something now

IC:

Jebren felt like he had been standing in front of the door for hours. He just could not figure out what to say. Seriously; he was going to try and talk to someone who was as close to a god as humans got. What would you tell someone like that? 'Well hello there. My name is Jebren and I had a garbled hallucinogenic experience which told me to come and protect you'? He doubted that even the Avatar of Ho-Oh would believe that. He had to think up something else; some more believable excuse for his being there.

{I'm getting cold. Hurry up and knock on the door. Do it, or so help me Arceus I will bark the eardrums off you.} Bene grumbled at his side. He held a finger to the Houndour's mouth and made a 'shush'-ing noise. She growled a little under her breath as Jebren sucked in his. This was it. He was going to meet the Avatar of Ho-Oh for the first real time. Gingerly, he reached out his hand; withdrawing it and replacing it a few times before he finally tapped on the door. No one came, so he knocked again, harder. Still nothing.

"Hello? Is there anybody home?" He shouted into the closed door. "Hello?" He didn't want to wait, he didn't like waiting. He sighed gently as his thumbs found his mouth. Folding his tongue round them, he let out a piercing whistle. By his feet, Bene barked in shock.

{I hate it when you do that. My ears are more sensitive than yours… and that hurt.} She shook her head to try and dislodge the ringing.

"Maybe I should try again tomorrow." Jebren muttered; defeated. Was this house soundproof or something? Maybe they just weren't there; maybe the Avatar had already left for someplace safer. "I guess I'll have to go find somewhere to sleep then." He sighed, turning away and starting off down the path.

Years
  • OOC: Whoa, fanfic long post ahead! XD Should've put this in the history instead. >_>

IC:

It had taken two days to make the perfect sword. Yes; a lot of time was spent upon the weapon. Nome was glad with the ending results, but dared not to try it out. It was for the costumer.

Since Nome had no other job to work on at the time, he decided to do his secret side project. Although he was better at making weapons, he was not so bad with armor either. And that was what he was now working on. The armor appeared to be very small for his size, but he still continued with the work.

Night had come, and there was still no costumer. This was to be expected; he wasn't bustling with business in his life. Normally, it took three to five days before someone else would show their face to ask for some job to be done. The next morning, the man that had asked for the sword arrived. Nome happily handed it over and told of how he took care with every job he was given like he would his life; his usual speech to costumers, just so he could get them to either come back for more or tell others of his business.

But other than that one visit from that man, nothing else had happened. He trained for a little bit before returning to working on his side project for another few hours. The day had passed, and there was no one to work for.

When night had fallen, he was still working on the armor. That night, he finished the armor, and the weapon he had been making to go alongside it. They were two weapons; one was a sword, still much shorter than it should be. The other was a pair of gloves. The sword was missing something though.

The sword was a going to be a gift, but it was lacking. What it needed was a different sort of handle; one that would make holding it much easier. Sure, swords were always the same, but this one had to be special. He needed to find a way where it could all work out. Decided to fix this mistake later, he began to work on another project, also being armor.

He did not fall asleep until three in the morning. Claw had watched this, and she was a bit curious as to what Nome was up to. It was not always that he'd stay awake that late for absolutely no reason at all. He had a reason for everything he did; or, at least that was the way she thought of him. She had never seen him do anything without reason.

Putting this aside, she assumed her night guard duty.

The morning had come, and it looked as if the sun was going to be hitting Gazzleton hard that day. The day had dragged on like every other day. Slash took the guard at the front while Nome worked back in the workshop of his, not saying a word. Everything changed when the afternoon had hit.

Nome had worked on the sword, fixing the handle to a new direction. Yet, he was still very unsatisfied with its outcome. No matter; he would have to work with what he had at the time. He was ready now; he had been planning this for a while now.

He closed the shop early and promised himself that he would reopen it later, when he was done with what he had planned. Now, he stood inside his home and in the living room. Claw was waking from her sleep, having had enough already. She appeared ready to take on her shift, even though it was only a few hours away.

"Claw," said Nome, smiling. He had been preparing for what he was going to say. He was ready to tell her. "How would you like to help me with my training in the back?"

Nome had been sitting on his comfy living quarters seat. Like always, Claw had jumped onto his lap, but she did not feel tired at this time. That was why Nome found it right to ask her this. She cocked her head to the side. She appeared to not know what Nome had meant to say. So he decided to show her.

They were out in the back now, where Nome had many times trained. The place now had its fair share of training marks on it. Nome had tried to hide all of this by replanting trees and cleaning up the yard before. But now, if what he had planned would work, then all of this effort to train on mannequins and such would no longer be needed. He would be getting stronger with a real opponent.

Nome stood in his usual attire, except had an armored chest plate now, as well as some armor for his knees. They were of the light kind, so it still gave him some agility liberty. Slash watched from the sidelines, curious as to what was about to begin. On the opposite side of Nome was his opponent; Claw. She was wearing the chest plated armor Nome had been working on for so long now, and the much more sharpened claws he had made especially for Sneasel-kind.

Yes; Nome's new tactic of growing in his training was also Claw and Slash's new tactic at training. No longer did the two have to train as he would in certain times, and no longer would they have to fight each other (of course, unless they would have preferred this). They were now going to be pit against Nome.

Nome made sure that his weapon was of the cheapest of all practice swords as to not harm Claw.

So it now came to this; the air was still, and the two faced each other like true enemies would.

"Do not be afraid to strike me," said Nome. "Any chance you have; try and harm me. And I will do the same."

Claw nodded, and the agreement was put into action. The stare down only lasted for a few more seconds before Slash shouted his cry, and began the match for the two.

Claw had taken what Nome said to heart, and stayed true with a good aim with trying to claw him down; Nome used his practice sword as a shield for each hit that was being given. He was forced to move backwards as Claw continued to slash several times, not hitting Nome at all.

Then something Nome was not expecting happened. Claw had used her little sneak attack, disappearing from her own armor to appear behind Nome, and struck him at the back.

Nome staggered for a bit and tripped over the fallen armor. Yes, of course. He had forgotten of Claw's attack; the one for enemies only. And it appeared as though she could not take her armor with her when she used her sneak attack. Nome frowned on this; if any attack would be effective, it would be through using her attack, but how was she supposed to be on the defensive side without her armor?

"Let us try this again," said Nome. No smile here; his smiles were a one time only deal. If you were not a costumer, you would not see a smile.

Several minutes later, Claw was again suited up. They were ready for battle again, when Nome stopped it before it had even begun. "Wait," he said. He studied Claw over as she crossed her arms, waiting. "Can you try to use that sneak attack again? And when you do, can you try and take your armor with you?"

She understood perfectly. Whether she could do it or not was an entire different story. The rest of the day was spent trying to get her to do the task of transporting her armor with her as she snuck behind someone. All she could do though was take the sharper clawed gloves; not the armor.

"That will do for today," said Nome. Claw was startled for a moment. She shook it off quickly, and in a few mumbles of her own language, she removed the gloves and shook off the wetness that had shaped on her claws. "Tommorrow," Continued Nome, "We will work on your battle skills, Slash. I have your armor nearly complete."

Slash gave an approving. All three of them left the yard as the darkening sky crept by. It was now about time for Claw's night shift.

Sleep had never felt so good before. He awoke refreshed. His breakfast was a quick meal. Slash and Claw's meals were just as they had always been. After the feeding was done, Slash followed Nome to the workshop. Again, he would play guard as Nome worked on the back to get his armor done.

But, making Slash's armor proved to be an even harder task. Even though he had been doing fine the day before, it just did not seem as if the armor would work for him. He could imagine Slash in the armor, but he could not imagine Slash being comfortable in the armor. A few quick fixes did it fast, and it appeared much better just the way it was. Yet, he would not be able to tell if it would be comfortable or not. He would just have to ask Slash when he wore it.

The evening could have not been any more anticipating than it was that night. All three of them were waiting for what was to come; both Claw and Slash could not hold in their excitement, though Claw did a good impression of trying to hide it.

Food was served so that they could be better conserved through the mini-battle that would come. Then, the time came, and the three now were at the back. Nome helped Slash into the armor, which just did not seem right in color (though that did not matter when it came to protection). Slash gave no protests in the armor, and did seem to fit properly. Nope; it was just in Nome's mind of the armor not fitting.

"Slash, are you ready to begin?"

Slash nodded, bringing claws together to show that he was ready to inflict pain. Nome could not think of an extra weapon that Slash could handle; it just did not come to mind that he could hold anything. Yet, how could he imagine Claw holding something when she had the same types of two fingered claws?

It didn't matter; what mattered was the outcome of this new match. Now it was Claw's turn to start the match with her signature screech. And the two were at each other.

Slash was slightly bigger and not as fast, so it was much easier this time around. But Nome did not want easy; he wanted hard. He wanted to have a tough time when fighting Slash.

Then, he was struck in the side. A claw of Slash had punctured him at his side. The battle was stopped, and Nome touched where he had been swiped. There was a light patch of blood as a piece of his clothes had been ripped, leaving a light scar behind on his skin.

"You could have done better than this one here," remarked Nome. "You could have hurt me more than you did just now; come on; attack me like your enemy!"

It was only to taunt; that way, he could get the best out of Slash to be attacked with. And it worked; Slash had seemed to gotten harder on him. The battle had gone out longer than it had with Claw, with only one flaw; the armor limited the ability to dig for Slash. He tried once, but the armor's weight and general formation was just not allowing him to do it.

This was something that Nome decided to pick on. The last twenty minutes of the training was spent on trying to get Slash to dig with the armor, with no such luck. They were just going to have to try another day.

The next day, he had gotten a costumer. He had to spend most of it working on the man's new pair of freshly made double swords; two swords that appeared to be one, until they were easily disjointed from the middle.

Proving to be a slightly hard task, it had taken most of the day. There was no training that night, but the next day, the training continued. This went on for the next few days as Nome and his two companions grew stronger and stronger each day. By the end of the week, Claw had learned how to use her sneak attack to also take several objects. Nome had started small, and eventually had her taking much larger objects such as baskets. But what was still the trouble was transporting with the armor; she could be holding it and do it, yet she could not do so while she was wearing the armor.

The story was almost the same for Slash. It was plainly and simply put that he could not dig with the armor on. He had to remove it in order to dig. But that was not why they were training; Nome kept saying that he would not give up on Slash, and one of these days, Slash was going to be able to dig with full armor.

But that would have to be put off to another day; the night came quickly.

The next day and the following week were very similar, with only minimal costumers coming and going. Every ounce of free time Nome had, he would dedicate to training. He was learning a lot himself. As two weeks passed, he had learned a few defensive tips from Slash as well as agility tactics from Claw. They themselves were getting very good at training sessions.

Three weeks had passed. Even though the small soft blows were growing increasingly harder and more was learned from mistakes, Nome could not get Claw to use her sneak attack with armor on or have Slash dig in full suit.

None of this would slow training, but it definitely would get Nome irritated. He was sure that Claw could move the armor with herself; she was doing it with small things; why not with things on her? And he was positive that Slash could dig effectively with armor; couldn't be any harder than pulling himself under with the heavy quills on his back.

They had to start small; this was virtue. But patience was running out, and Nome found himself more irritated as he worked on his job as blacksmith status.

Night arrived like every other night. Nome yawned while Claw readied herself for her night shift, stretching and all the necessities. Nome passed her not much as saying a word until he reached the door, saying in a firm and uncaring tone, "Good night Claw."

He was on his bed again, covering himself. It had been blazing hot during the day, yet now at night time, it was as if a cold front had just come by. Maybe one had, maybe one had not. But it was cold that night, and Nome found himself pulling the covers higher than usual.

His dreams were of the training sessions. He dreamed that he got to a certain strength that was far greater than that of a knight, and that Claw and Slash had fixed the flaws they had with armor. It was a good dream, and he could only hope that it was implemented in real life. Seeing it while awake would be a much better sight than asleep.

He awakened. It was still around the dark hours.

What was a better decision was to stay in bed, so he decided to try and get some more sleep. He was still tired. He closed his eyes, nearly entering his dream again. When he heard the grunting cry of Claw.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes. There was nothing out of his window. Maybe it was at a much earlier state in the morning; either way, now that he was awake, he did not want to go to sleep. He left his bedside and began to shuffle for his regular clothing.

He had it on quickly and soon found himself making his way to the kitchen, where he would have breakfast. It was just like any other morning, except the sun was not out yet.

Another grunt was heard, this time nearer. Slash awoke from his slumber and lazily entered the room, wondering what was going on. Another grunt. It was outside. It did not sound nice. It sounded…peculiar.

There was a pan by his side. He picked it up, making his way to the door outside. He opened it slightly…

In a swift movement, a man in black burst through the front, ready to strike. The pan came hard on the man's head, and he fell to the floor hard.

What was happening was serious. Something was going on out there; Nome had to find out what. "Claw? Claw!" he called out for her in hopes that she would answer, but there was no returning gesture of any sort. Then, a limping body of the Sneasel entered the house. She was harmed and hurt.

Slash awakened quickly and was ready to fight. Nome was by Claw's side and tried to find any sort of wound. It was on her leg; she had been slashed by something sharp. It could have been a claw, but that didn't seem likely the way it was made.

Slash pushed Nome away in great timing; he thrust his claw right into the stomach of the man that was about to strike at his master. Nome could not believe that he had not noticed the man sneak up on him.

The man who had tried to hurt him was equally dressed as the one he had hit over the head with a pan. This was an attack.

"Slash, attack whoever comes for Claw. I'm going for my sword!"

He rushed out of the room. He knew he would need the item soon. He did not realize how soon enough. He had his blade in a matter of seconds and was reaching for his armored pads. He was not sure whether he would have enough time to put them on, but he felt safer knowing that they were still in an accessible place.

He made his way back to the kitchen. Slash was still protecting Claw.

Quickly, he picked up Claw. She tried to push away; Nome knew she had enough strength to walk, but to fight was another thing entirely. And it looked as if that was what they were about to do. He was not going to risk losing her; he had to get her to a healer of some sort.

There was a rustling behind him. He turned around quickly. And there stood a man, dressed as the other two were. This one had a weapon at hand; a sword. He looked ready to strike.

And that was his first act; Nome had to drop Claw to the floor as he was almost pierced by the man's thrust of his sword. They both crashed to the counter, where their swords tangled themselves with many pots and pans. There was a pan on the floor; Nome stomped his feet on the handle, and it swung high, hitting the sword that was about to slice him.

It was enough of a distraction to push the sword away with his own blade. They fought to the end of the counter. At the very end, Nome dropped his sword. He backed away as the man tried to slice him, tripping over the table. But he used this to his advantage; he rolled over the top and made sure to pull it down when he fell of the other end, creating a small barricade between them two. Then, he pushed the light table towards the man, who tripped over the force of the push.

"Now Slash!" shouted Nome.

Reacting quickly, Slash groped a fighting stance and jumped right at the man's face, ready to slash.

An unforeseen dagger was pulled out, nearly jabbing Slash on the neck. Slash moved away, only able to get one scratch over the man's face. Since that didn't work, there was only one other option. Luckily for Nome, he had stood while Slash tried to make his move. Now, he just kicked the man over the head.

There was an explosion from somewhere else in the room, and the living quarters was ignited. The fire burst and was about to burst into the kitchen. Quickly, both Slash and Nome jumped over the overturned table and hid with Claw as the fire erupted all over the room.

"Move to the door; we have to get out of here!"

In a matter of seconds, Nome was able to carry Claw as he and Slash made their way out of the burning house. Once outside, Nome turned back to see what had caused this. But there was nothing but a burning house; his house. Just like his parent's house.

He felt on his chest. His pendant was still there, safe. But his business; his home. That was not safe. It was burning in a blazing fire, and he was not sure how it had all started.

Questions were swimming in his mind, but he knew that the main priority he had was to get away from the house. He turned around one last time. With Slash by his side, they both left the burning house and into the darkness. When they would return, and if they would return, was still to be determined.

--

Sunlight was the main component that had awoken Nome. He opened his eyes slightly, shaking away the sleep from his eyes. He was in one of Gazzleton's lonely alleys. Slash and Claw were by his side. Nome had expected to see Claw taking the watch for a moment, but forgot that she was hurt. She was by his side, asleep against him. Slash was taking over the watch. It seemed as if he had been doing so the entire night.

Yawning, Nome shook Claw awake. She awoke quickly and shook herself. It more or less looked as if she was trying to shake away the pain of the night.

That night…the night before…he was not sure what had happened. He was not sure why there were people looking for him. He had done nothing wrong; he was sure of it. He tried to remember everything that had happened in the past days, the past months, even the past years. But nothing came to mind.

Though, the breaking and entering was a familiar tactic. It was possibly the same used on his family when he was young…

Could these people possibly be the ones who had taken the lives of his parents when he was young? Why would they come back for him? No; they could not be the very same people. The people who had attacked when he was young were nomads. These were more like assassins. Yet, why assassins? He was no one special. He made a living like everyone else.

He could not stay there thinking of it for long; he had to move on. He motioned for Claw and Slash to follow him, and he led the way out of the alley and into the more crowded areas of town. Questions still buzzing, he made his way to a market place. He planned on getting nothing; just passing through.

"What in god's name was last night all about?" he said it with hate in his voice; a rasp.

With no response, there was no need to go on about it. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized how angry he was at the fact that it had happened. He stopped for a short while to ponder this. That was when he saw the sign.

It was a picture of himself. It was actually one he had back at his home. There was a reward for the capture of him. Nome's heart skipped a beat at this, realizing the magnitude of the situation. There was a large bounty for his head. The only information given of any sort of reason why he was dangerous was briefly explained, and it angered him. the sign said that he had been supplying a rogue who had killed a man of higher class. People were looking for him for supplying a weapon…for basically doing his job…that was why they were looking for him.

He took a glance left. He took a glance right.

"We must leave," he said to his companions.

Without a word, the three were gone again. Away from the center of one of the most crowded areas of town, trying to keep his face hidden, Nome walked. He felt eyes upon him.

He thought about what the sign had said. Then he thought about who he had been doing jobs for. He realized that there was only one person who looked suspicious enough to fit any sort of fact of him supplying anything. That traveler…the traveler must have been that rogue. And he had given him a weapon, and the weapon was used for fighting. Killing.

His sword was by his side, concealed in its case. He was lucky enough to leave with it.

Where was he to go now? He could not just leave Gazzleton. Yet, the more he thought about it, the more the idea began to make sense. HE sighed; he knew what the final verdict would be no matter what. Still, he kept walking.

He had no destination in his mind until he was halfway there. He moved a lot quicker now. He stopped further away from the main city, where he now found a very familiar sight. There it was; his home, burnt to the ground. There was nothing left of it.

Nome moved towards what was left of the house, his companions following behind him. There was nothing to be salvaged. At least, that was what he figured. But there was still hope; there was a section of the house that had not completely been burnt to the ground. Though it was bad, what he was looking for was found. It was the armor of his companions, as well as the custom weapons.

Claw neared her pair as Slash neared his. Nome stared at what they were to do on their own. He watched the two, as they both looked at each other. Then they turned to his direction. They knew what they were expected of Nome.

"We're leaving; we can't stay any longer," he said.

The verdict; place the armor; long journey ahead.

Minutes later, the three disappeared to the shadows of trees. If they were to leave Gazzleton undetected, then they needed to hide first. They needed to find a way to cross land without getting noticed. The wilderness was possibly the only option. Without any healers near by, it might appear impossible. But determination overruled, and they drew in further to the wild.

--

Weeks later, and several close encounters of being caught by what was seemingly known as the government of Fandavale, Nome and his companions finally exited the kingdoms boundaries. This put him at a very dangerous position. He could be caught and killed by just about anyone.

He carried the weapons and food items he had managed to scrimmage from stands when no one was looking. He had not found any information on how Fandavale faired with the rogue, but it was apparent for him that it was not going very well and that they were even more desperate now than ever. Their plots to capture him have reached an extreme dangerous point, and he had almost been caught several times. Slash had been caught once, but with the help of Claw, managed to escape.

Would they chase him when he was not in Fandavale? He was not sure.

Now, he walked on and on. There was no destination, as it would now seem to be for a long time. He walked blindly down a path covered by trees. It honestly felt more dangerous within the trees than when he would be on a road leading somewhere.

Night and day, night and day. They were always coming. Food was low, water was gone. Claw looked dehydrated, and eventually, collapsed. Nome had to carry her with all of her armor now, which acted extremely heavy, and he was still unsure of how far he had to travel before he saw any signs of settlements.

But when all hope seemed lost now, he found walls. The walls were blocking his way from the trees. He had obviously found something. He made it towards a road, and hesitated on moving on it. Finally, he managed to step foot on a location where he could be seen. Slash was by his side, in full armor and ready to strike.

A map hit him in his own mind. How far had he been running away from Fandavale? Which direction had he gone? Once he answered this, he couldn't help but skip a heart beat. Was he now in that one place? The place he had rarely spoke of, but admired all the same?

Had he entered the Sacred Lands?

A few more glances told him, "yes."

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Victor shook his head. He HAD BEEN WAITING FOR AMBROSE TO RETURN, and now that she was present it was time to deliver the good news and the bad news. "Okay, so we have some intelligence as far as Lliore goes," he said in a flat, heavy tone of voice, "But you're forgetting something else. There are three players in this game. We're obviously the first, and the second is Lliore, led by Gora and that bastard Gregarius." He spat on the ground, the mere memory of the Avatar of Lugia nearly bringing the bile to his throat. "The third is Fandavale, and frankly, their involvement in the war almost worries me more then Gora's. See, the thing is that even if by some miracle we managed to stop Gora, that snip who rules Fandavale would order an attack on Lliore anyway. Minerva's been waiting for an excuse ever since Gora slighted her, and this is the perfect oppurtunity. I was a member of her court, I've talked with her, I know. And she's got a military general who might just be the equal of Gregarius, at least, if what I've seen of him is any indication."

And don't forget the Imperial Guard. They're definitely not the kind of people you need to allow through the Sacred Land. Arachne commented, crawling onto Victor's shoulder. The minute they get their hands in the area and realize how rich the resources that we get from the forest are, they're not going to want to leave.

Victor nodded. "Arachne also brings up a good point," he stated, idly allowing one hand to toy with the hilt of his blade, "The Queen's Imperial Guard are some of the most fearsome soldiers this land will ever see, and their master tactician, Shigeru, is one of the more calculating individuals it's been my fortune to meet. That slimebag knows everything there is to know about soldiering and war. I'm sure you all know that part of the reason we're able to dwell in such an isolated area with no help from surrounding towns is because of our fertile ground and the rich, natural resources we take from the forest, and once Shigeru catches on to how profitable this place is as farmland, we'll become an official holding of Fandavale. Minerva will set up direct rule here, and turn us all into her peasants, forced to produce food for the higher-ups. I don't think any of us want that." Victor paused for a moment, letting his statements sink in throughout the small assembly. "The only way we're going to avoid either total destruction or servitude to a despotic ruler," he continued, "Is to defeat both armies, or stop them from advancing. We don't have enough military power to form a complete army, though. Gora and Minerva both have at least ten times the manpower of the Sacred Land, even if every man, woman, and child living here were sent into battle, and their armies are much better trained, besides. But we have one advantage: we've lived here for a while, many of us for years. We know the territory and the habits of native Pokemon like the backs of our hands. We've got Ho-oh's Avatar, the lovely Miss Ambrose," he bowed in her direction, a grin momentarily stealing across his face, "But I don't want to depend on her for everything. Ambrose is our protector and leader, not a military weapon. To use her as such would defeat the entire purpose of keeping this land safe. Thankfully, there are three other beings who live in this land who will be quite willing to help us if they are able, I'm sure. The only question is whether we can find a way to communicate our plans to- wait, what's that?"

Victor pointed to the window, just as a blazing red blur shot past with a speed that left the air trembling in its wake and sent a small heat wave throughout the village. Almost immediately, the rainclouds trembled and parted, and a shaft of sunlight blazed down.

"Do you see what I mean? If we could convince those three to run throughout the town at planned intervals and change the weather like that, it would make the place much harder for an army to pass through, and a lot easier for us to make a stand." Victor finished.

Arachne shook her head. Victor, you're forgetting something... she hissed, gently tapping his shoulder.

"What? Oh, quite right." Victor said, startled. "Erm, yes. I've also heard rumours of a legendary spirit in the forest in the south, near Lliore. Perhaps if we were to appeal to it for help, we might gain assitance from it as well." He sank into a chair. "To be honest, I'm not sure we have a prayer if we don't get help from one of these beings. I've trained with the Imperial Guard before, enough to know that if either of these armies sets foot here, our entire country is gone."

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Julius nodded in agreement as Victor stated that while most focused on Lliore's role in the war, Fandavale was just as guilty of a party. Then, he mentioned the three spirits that are often spotted in the Sacred Grounds. He expressed hope that maybe they could sway them to help their cause. Julius took a deep breath and stood.

"You see, from a conversation I had with Ambrose at an earlier time, I learned that these spirits are rogues. What I mean is that while they're lives are dedicated to Ambrose, they are also dedicated to the spirit of Lugia. So, they'll protect either spirit if either Gregarius or Ambrose is in danger. You also mentioned this spirit that resides in the forests to the south in the Azalean Territories. I have only heard rumors," Julius said, turning to the seated Ambrose, "Madam, do you know of this spirit?"

Ambrose nodded and stood, with Julius taking his seat once again. She cleared her throat and began, "Many of the locals call this spirit the Green Fairy. To us of the Heavens, she is known as Celebi. I hate to say it, but she is incredibly unreliable. Not many know this, but she has the capability to travel through time. She could be at any moment in history at any time, so it would be unwise to come to rely on her. Even if we could make contact with her, she would refuse to help. She has an incredibly dislike for strife and warfare. If she had the power, she'd eliminate violence as a whole. But she doesn't. So Celebi just travels to a time period where there is peace. So, we cannot rely on these rogue spirits. What we can rely on is the closeness of the people who make the Sacred Grounds their home."

Ambrose froze. She nimbly darted to the nearest window, and stared into the distance. Honey, intrigued by her master's movements, sulked to Ambrose's side.

{ Mistress, what is it? } Honey asked.

"He's moving. Gregarius... he's in the Sacred Grounds. He's going to the Tin Tower. Honey, Kiwi. We're going. I don't want anyone else coming. It's too dangerous," she said and with that, she darted to the door and disappeared into the crowded street. Kiwi left its perch and followed closely behind, cursing under his breath. Honey was right behind the Honchkrow, growling with every step.

Julius stood, puzzled by what Ambrose said. "Esteban and Archibald, let's go. You all can come as well. We just have to avoid detection by Ambrose and Gregarius." Julius ran to the door and grabbed his white shirt. As he struggled to get it on, his Slowking walked to his side, a determined look on its face.

{ Must we go Julius? It's... day out... } Esteban said with a hint of angst in its voice.

"I'm sorry Esteban, but we must. This could be a trap. I wouldn't put it past my father or King Gora to pull something like this. So I'm asking you, my friend, to come," Julius said as he tried to button his shirt.

{ Since you asked so nicely Julius. I'll meet you there. } With that, Esteban disappeared into the shadows, and started on his way to the Tin Tower. Julius fixed his collar and looked in the mirror. He nodded and opened the door.

"C'mon Archibald, let's go," Julius said eagerly to his Slowking.

{ Patience Julius. Ambrose can handle herself. Honey and Kiwi are strong Pokemon. But if you insist on disobeying Ho-Oh, let us go. } Archibald said as he walked out of the door. { Please don't run. You know I can't keep up. }

---

As Ambrose ran, she noticed a large group of people gathering around a frightened, frazzled looking man. Standing next to him were a Sneasel and Sandslash. Their auras were a dull brown, a sign of exhaustion in a person. "Hey, leave him be. Take him to Julius' home and let him rest." She said as she ran, the insignia on her neck at full lumination.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Silence's blush instantly deepened again as Julius addressed her and Kol, remarking that they both seemed...strong? The girl didn't know how she could possibly respond to something like this. Strong? No, she was weak and frail and barely able to raise a hand in her own defense. How could anyone think of her as strong? Eclaire was strong, yes, Julius, Victor, and the avatar were all definitely strong but she...she had always been weak, getting on through life on the shoulders of the strong people around her. She had always been worthless...but, she had told herself the day she had met Aspen, the crotchety old healer who had soon become her mentor, she could change all that. Even if she was still as worthless in battle as ever, even if she still couldn't muster the courage to strike a blow, she could help those with the strength to do just that. As long as her frail little hands could heal, she had a purpose. As long as she had a purpose, she had a right to exist.

"I'm with you." she replied, her voice determined even though it was - as usual - barely above a whisper, "I've honestly never thought of myself as strong..." she conceded, "But...I can mend clothing and wounds alike, I know what plants can be used, my friends can sense incoming danger, and I know how to cook a little. As long as you have need of any such skills, I'll help as best I can but-" the request she was about to make was inconceivable, cowardly beyond all reason; why the very act of holding back any kind of aid when the great sun deity had requested it was inexcusable, but her fear of being dishonest was even greater, "I do have one request..." the familiar tremble entered Silence's voice, "Please-please don't ask me to harm anyone...not even an enemy. I'll do anything else you ask for but not that..." she swallowed heavily at the thought, "Never that."

Fortunately, Victor cut in before Silence's frail little declaration could even be taken into consideration, the man - whom Silence still couldn't help labeling as 'distinguished' - proceeding to underline the direness of the situation. One could have said that Silence's expression saddened at some of the news he brought forward, but in all honesty most people probably couldn't tell the difference. She did find the appearance of an Ariados on Victor's shoulder strangely comforting; yet another one of those small things that she had thought were only part of her freakish existence. Still...those news were bad: the sacred land...claimed by Fandvale? For profit?! The very thought shocked Silence. This-this was her home...this was were she had come precisely to be free from this kind of-she shook her head. This wasn't the time to go through old memories. Victor was relaying important information and she needed to pay attention. The girl gave a serious nod as Victor suggested that they shouldn't use Ambrose as a weapon. This was a sacred being, after all; in all honesty she shouldn't have been forced into this fight in the first place. Still, the Sunbird's will was not hers to question.

The tale of spirits, soon chimed into by Ambrose, was the most shocking thing for Silence, though. Wasn't...wasn't Ho-oh the bringer of life? The ruler of the sun? The god who stood above all others? Why should she need to petition for help from the fickle spirits of the wilderness? The girl was vaguely aware of Lugia being mentioned as the Sunbird's counterpart; an inverse as it were, but the old tales had always been very specific on the point that the Sunbird would rule supreme. She had lived by this belief all her life and she wasn't about to let go of it now.

Just then, the avatar's attention was diverted to a window, soon followed by her hasty departure and a statement: Lugia's avatar was headed for the tin tower and Ambrose wished to confront him; alone.

Julius paid little heed to the order, however; the moment Ambrose had left the room, he immediately requested Victor to follow him to the very same destination, off-handedly remarking that they were free to follow as long as they kept out of sight.

"B-but..." Silence stuttered, feebly raising a hand in objection, "...madame avatar said-"

Julius didn't much care for listening to the message again, however, already having departed from the building, and Silence heaved a quiet sigh, anxiously wringing her hands.

{One seems to be...on needles and pinecones, as the humans say it, does one not?} Eclaire remarked.

"Needles and pins, Eclaire." Silence corrected her quietly, checking to see that no-one was at least staring directly at her before she leant closer to the Absol, giving her a pleading look, "What-what should I do?" she inquired quietly.

{Stay here, you nutty woman!} Silk interrupted, barging out from his hiding place in a decidedly agitated manner and beginning to wave his forelegs in front of Silence's face in frustration, {This is the avatar of Lugia we're talking about! A power-hungry, megalomanic, flipping crazy avatar in case you somehow forgot about it! Besides, your precious avatar told you to stay put! Aren't you pious types supposed to do whatever your silly gods tell you to do?! If we go there WE'RE DEAD!!}

{True.} Eclaire remarked in a neutral voice, {But then again...} she gave Silence a meaningful glance, {...one has some experience of such things, does one not?}

The healer blinked in surprise at first, but it didn't take her long to realize what the Absol was getting at, an expression of grim determination on her face, "Once a kalach-cha, always a kalach-cha." she remarked in a hollow voice, "Thank you, nana. I needed that."

With that, Silence rose upright again, pulling the hood down over her head before turning towards the exit.

{Hey!} Silk fumed, {What's with all this 'kalach-cha' nonsense?! Didn't you listen to a word I said?! You're going to die!}

"It's too late for that." the young woman replied in a melancholy whisper, mindfully double-checking that the bandaged side of her face was concealed, "Five years too late. This is what I have to do."

{But what about me?!} the Ariados moaned, {I have a life too, you know!}

"You don't have to come if you don't want to." Silence replied, gently grasping the venomous spider and placing him on the floor before proceeding towards the door again.

{Fine!} Silk fumed, glaring at her, {Fine, go on and die on a stupid martyr's quest! Tempt the wrath of the avatars and burn in hell! Just see if I care!} the Ariados harrumphed loudly, demonstratively turning his back towards the door.

A few moments later, the small, largely forgotten Psyduck wandered onto the scene, staring wordlessly at Silk and the door and clasping its head with both hands, an expression of deep concentration on its face, and then...

"Psy!" the duck pokémon exclaimed, suddenly darting off through the closing door as fast as it could, half-running half-stumbling his way after Silence.

{Fine, you go too, you stupid duck!} Silk fumed indignantly, {You're lunatics, all of you! I'll be a lot better of without that crazy lady hauling me all around the world, getting us chased by crowds, doing nutty errands for nutty people, doing nutty errands for me, feeding me, keeping me warm under her cloak and-} he paused, blinking, {Come back here, you idiots!} he bellowed, charging off towards the door, only to find it slammed in his face.

{You!} the Ariados demanded haughtily, staring at the others in the room, {I demand that someone takes me to the crazy lady before she gets her crazy self killed! Why are you just standing there gaping like ignorant country yokels?! Don't you see that this is an EMERGENCY?!}

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • OOC: W00t, feelin' good since I got in a great workout. Let's see if I can't transfer some o' that energy over ta roleplayin'. (BTW, for those of you unaware, Gregarius is not, I repeat, not an NPC. He is my character, and he shall do as I say. Got it?

IC: A smile played across Victor's face involunatarily as his gaze swept the room. Ambrose was calm as ever, despite the bad news Julius had just delivered. Victor's grin was swept away as Julius pronounced judgement, effectively limiting anything the Sacred Lands had stacked in their favor. "So you're entirely sure that none of the spirits will help?" he asked, concerned, a crease forming on his brow. "Definitely not good. Those spirits are our best and most likely form of assistance. Are you sure that those three that do all the running can't just break their vow to-" Victor was cut off as Ambrose announced that she sensed Gregarius. Victor growled. That two-faced coward! His hand was already removing his blade from its sheath as she announced her intentions to go alone. Victor nodded and allowed the blade to slide back into its container. When the Avatar of Ho-oh spoke, it was a good idea to listen.

It was then that Victor turned his head in time to see Julius enter a hasty conference with his Pokemon. Without waiting for approval and against Ambrose's direct orders, the young nobleman shot out the door, following the avatar. "Julius! You idiot!" Victor called, knowing his protests would do no good. "Ambrose ordered you to stay put! This is her fight anyway! Are you listening! HEY!"

No good. The two were already gone.

Victor panted, his body quivering with rage. However, years as a courtier in the courts of Fandavale had taught him self-control. With a nod to the other inhabitants of the room he whispered "Do you mind excusing me?" through clenched teeth as he opened the door and strode to the other side of the small house. A moment of silence passed just before a feral cry ripped the air, followed by a splintering crash as Victor proceeded to break everything in striking distance that could be disassembled. Returning to the front door, Victor sighed once again as his mouth began to form the words "I feel better now," before realizing that not only was Julius gone, that other girl, what's-her-name that everybody called a witch had followed them as well, no doubt to offer her assistance. Victor turned, as if to stalk back to his recent stamping grounds, before thinking better of it and setting his sights on the path. "All of you who want to may as well come with me!" he shouted, drawing his blade with a ringing sound as the Fandavalian steel caught the sunlight, "Somebody's going to need to make sure that that fool Julius doesn't get himself killed trying to protect Ambrose!"

With that, Victor charged forward, Arachne clinging to his back. Silently, the spider crawled to his ear and whispered to him. Are you sure that Ambrose would have been okay on her own? I mean, she's powerful, but she's not almighty.

Panting heavily, Victor whispered to the insect, "Privately, I think he had a good idea. But if all of us start doing whatever the hell we want in a crisis, the chances of a united front are somewhere between slim and none." Still, though, he reflected on Ambrose's reluctance to use her powers for anything except healing or renewing. While it probably made her a better person, it definitely did nothing for her combat skills. Gregarius, on the other hand... he shuddered. That silver-haired egotist wouldn't hesitate to snap the neck of his own troops if he thought he would profit by it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

"Ignorant fool," the Avatar hissed, his hand forming a claw-like gesture as he pointed it at the quaking Lliorian spy, advancing on him as if he were a snake stalking a fieldmouse, "You stated that you would remove the Avatar from the vicinity. That wench Ambrose is still here! I shall have to deal with her head-on, thanks to you, when this could have been an easy sweep of the Sacred Land's main bastion of defense." His sea-green eyes flickered, as his jeweled doublet swished along the ground, followed by the Lliorian katana he had received upon defecting. His long, silver hair shone in the dim light of Tin Tower's uppermost floor, and his teeth bared in a snarl as he advanced, a column of water raising itself from the floor.

The spy stammered as he pulled his hood and cloak around himself. "No! I swear, I meant to, but she's always with that one man, Julius or whoever! I swear I could have had a clear shot if-"

"No more excuses!" Gregarius thundered, raising his hands threateningly. The water in front of him morphed itself into a thin, snakelike shape, a noose of liquid. The spy quaked again, pressing himself against the wall, as Gregarius stroked his chin. "Ah, yes, hmm..." the traitor smiled, twirling a finger idly, "I think I'll do Gora a favor and dispose of you now. Yes, that would be best, I believe. Give my regards to everyone in the other life. Farewell." the Avatar turned as if to leave, but not before snapping his fingers. Immediately the noose came to life, twisting itself around the unfortunate man's head. He didn't have time to scream before his neck snapped in two and he fell stone-dead to the floor. Chuckling, Gregarius strode to the window. That wench, Ambrose... superior to him, was she? His water would quench her flame, soon enough, and with it, any resistance in the Sacred Land. Yes, he would crush her now, that was best. The smile of a tyrant played across his features. He was supreme, superior, the ultimate being. He would show those daft monks who had prophesied his defeat.

And then he'd kill them.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC: Yeah, my last post stunk. It was a transition post, so don't shoot me. Here we go...

IC:

Ambrose was running at full speed, maneuvering around the numerous people who littered the streets. With every two steps, she grunted. The mark on her neck was glowing brighter than before, fueled by the rage flowing through her body. She heard a few people complaining about how the temperature in the are was getting hotter. Ambrose knew it was her doing as her temperament had a direct effect on the weather. The angrier she grew, the more brightly the sun shone. Meanwhile, Honey was trying her hardest to not knock over anyone, as Ambrose had asked her to be gentle with townspeople. Though it was tough at her size, she did her best. It was her master's wish after all.

Ambrose finally left the city limits and was now traveling down a beaten, dirt road. The Tin and Brass Towers were separated by a thicket of woodlands, so Ambrose would have to make her way through the trees before she reached the place of her birth.

He knows I'm coming. She could feel the arrogance, the satisfaction building inside of Gregarius. He felt that way when he killed, so she knew she was bound to find someone's body upon arriving at the tower. Everyone always considered her the gentle and weaker of the two Avatars. However, this was far from the truth. She considered betrayal the most heinous of crimes and when her own brother betrayed her trust, she snapped. She nearly burnt down the whole city in her rage. Luckily, Victor and Julius managed to calm her. She would try her hardest today. The last thing she wanted to do was burn down one of the towers. Ambrose couldn't imagine doing harm to the place she considered home above all else.

As Ambrose made her way through the forest, she noticed there were fewer Pokemon then usual. A few Aipom scurried along the branches and a Stantler walked through the thickets that were scattered along the path. Normally, these woods were abundant with Pokemon. Ambrose would spend much of her time here, conversing and caring for the Pokemon that made their home here. She knew it was Gregarius' doing. Most Pokemon sensed his corruptness and made it their duty to stay away from him. Finally, she made her way through the forest and emerged upon the clearing that held the towers. The Tin Tower stood tall, glimmering with a silver aura. This wasn't her home, but she cared for it just as much. It had been a long time since they had been constructed, but she managed to visit annually. Lugia always preferred the seas to the towers, but still managed to visit at the same time as her. But now, she was worried that this war would harm her roost. She couldn't let this happen.

Honey and Kiwi finally arrived, with the large bear huffing and puffing in exhaustion. Kiwi landed on Ambrose's shoulder, still cursing under its breath.

{ Never, EVER make me fly that fast again. } Kiwi said. { I'm much too heavy and my wings are strong enough to keep up at that pace. Are you listening to me Madam Avatar? }

"Do you two notice anything peculiar about the door. That one right there," Ambrose asked as she walked towards the tower.

{ Hmmm.. it looks broken Madam. } Honey answered.

"I thought so. I'm usually never at this level of the tower, so I wasn't sure if that was normal. Gregarius is definitely here. That bastard. He doesn't even respect what the ancient people built for him. GREGARIUS, SHOW YOURSELF!" Ambrose screamed, hoping her fellow Avatar would hear her.

{ Is there ANY reason to scream Madam? } Kiwi asked as he covered his left ear with his wing to muffle the girl's screaming...
    ---

Meanwhile, Julius was doing his best to keep up, but fearing he would lose Archibald, he ran at a slower pace. Slowking weren't the fastest or in the best shape in the world of Pokemon, so Archibald was already out of breath and running at an incredibly slow pace.

"Dammit, I wish there was some sort of device I could keep you in so I could travel at a faster pace," Julius said, looking back at his heaving Pokemon.

{ I'm sorry Julius. These legs of mine weren't built for running, so I apologize for hindering you sir.} Archibald said with an indignant humph. Julius rolled his eyes and kept running. Archibald, much like his master, rolled his eyes and tried his hardest to keep up. They too had reached the forest, and were making their way down the path.

"Do you hear that Archibald?" Julius asked.

{ It's the Avatar. She's calling for the Avatar of Lugia. } Esteban said, emerging from the shadows. Julius stumbled backward, tripping over Archibald. He tumbled awkwardly and fell into a thick, thorny bush. He cursed loudly and looked at his Haunter.

"Dammit Esteban. You startled me. Ouch!" Julius said, pulling himself from the branches, of which one had snagged onto his sleeve. Archibald walked to him and helped to pull him to his feet. "Thanks Archibald. We better hurry though. We have to make sure she's okay."

{ It's best we stay here in the woods Julius. Don't let your feelings get in the way. We will only hinder her if we get directly involved. We should only interfere if her life is in imminent danger. Then again, going against her only rival is means enough to classify the situation as dangerous. But.. she didn't ask for our help. So it's best we stay here for now.} Archibald said, looking at his master with a worried expression.

"But..." Julius paused. "You're right. But if that bastard is about to kill her, we jump in."

{ Foolish humans. One cannot kill a God. Even another God... } Esteban said in a low tone.

"What was that Esteban?" Julius asked, looking at the Ghost/Poison-Type.

{ Nothing Julius... } Esteban said, sinking into the shadows.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • The hairs on the back of Gregarius's neck prickled. She was here! This was it! His face split into a demented grin, not for the first time. So, the Avatar of the Sunbird was ready to challenge him, was she? He'd see about that. The supply of water he had brought with him reformed itself, transforming into a shape reminiscent of a serpent, which wound itself around his shoulders as he stepped to a window at the Tin Tower's entrance and peered down at his female counterpart. Truly, yes, this girl was the Yinto his proverbial Yang, and as such they were fated to be polar opposites in everything. He grinned again. That included, of course, their status as living beings. There would be no foreplay, a lightning-quick strike would prove his superiority over that witch. He leaped from the window, the jeweled cape he wore spreading out behind him as his greaves rubbed together and his sword left its sheath. Landing directly in front of Ambrose, he confronted her, as well as her two companions, the Ursaring and the Honchcrow. Staring at them, he couldn't help sniffing in distaste. "Well," he sneered, "Is this the best assistance the Guardian Three can think to give you? Well, no wonder I shall be triumphant with such scraps of trash as those. Oh Salamandre and Ares? Show yourselves!"

The Pokemon burst from the roof of the tower, screaming. The first resembled nothing short of a gigantic, blue tortoise, water streaming from a pair of gleaming silver cannons on its shoulders as it propelled itself into place. The other was an uncommonly large Pokemon, with silver-armored skin that contrasted sharply with its rocky underbelly. "The Three saw fit to send me a pair of creatures well acquainted with battle," the corrupted Avatar glowered, "While providing you a pair of dung-heaps with no excuse to live. Hmph. Even they seem to wish me to win, secretly!" The snake of water leaped from his shoulders, transforming into an orb which he held between his hands. "Now Die!" he shouted, as the water transformed itself into a missile of ice which launched itself at Ambrose...

Victor pulled up behind Julius just as Gregarius made his leap. "Idiot! What were you doing, running into danger like that? Ambrose specifically ordered you to stay put!" he hissed, just before his eyes made contact with the battle scene, and Gregarius fired. "Oh... Krakveldt" he whispered, the forgotten tongue rolling off his lips, then "Ambie, look out!"

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • OOC: Editing it because it was terrible and I did it wicked late last night. I can do much better. Just because Ambrose and Gregarius are battling, that is by no means a reason to not post. *cough*Random_Fan & Aegis*cough*

IC:

Honey's ears perked up. She looked to Ambrose and growled. { He's at the top of the tower Ambrose. I smell... metal and... the ocean... Why would I smell the ocean here...? } Then Gregarius burst from the window, his cape glittering in the midday sun. His sword escaped his sheath and a snake that appeared to be made of water was wrapped around his neck. Ambrose sneered at the villain. How could someone born from the same omniscient source be so corrupted. Weren't they incorruptible? How could something like this happen to the Ruler of the Seas.

He then proceeded to insult Honey and Kiwi, who tensed up with rage. "You two are to do NOTHING," Ambrose said, grabbing the bear's arm. From the top of the tower, a Blastoise and an Aggron(?) smashed through the roof of the tower and descended to the ground. They were fierce and appeared to be blood thirsty. Gregarius said that the Three Spirits must have preferred him, giving him the stronger Pokemon. Ambrose was about to respond when Gregarius made his move. The serpent leapt from Gregarius' shoulders to a position between his two hand and shaped itself into a sphere. It took a crystalline, projectile form. With the words 'Now Die!' it shot towards Ambrose, who quickly took defensive maneuvers. She clenched her hand, which began to emanate a red, glowing aura. It then proceeded to engulf the Avatar in a fiery shield. The ice smashed into the fire, falling to the ground in a million pieces. She still held her hand forward while displaying a facade of concentration on her face. Deep down she was nervous. While she had the same power as the Moonbird, he was by far more adept at using it. Ambrose detested battles and the like. As the spirit of reincarnation, she met the many warriors who had died in battle, while sending them back to the earth to just die once again. If she managed to defeat Gregarius now, maybe she could prevent many more from dying.

"Gregarius, for several months now, we have been apart. Never for so long in our lives have we not spoken to each other. Instead, we have felt each other's emotions. I'm sure when you left, you felt the uncontrollable rage that consumed my body. I'm sure you took satisfaction in the fact that I had grown angry, disgusted, and in turn, almost killed everyone around me. But now, I know better. I knew why you left. There's a reason -- This was a test set before me by our creator. It wished to see if I could triumph over a grand test. And it chose my Yang to be the one to test me. I'll prove to Arceus that in the end, I will prevail. I am the Sunbird, Ho-Oh, the God of Rejuvenation. I may not be as fierce as you Gregarius, but I am just as strong. You may think your water gives you some sort of advantage over me, but you forget we control more then just fire and ice!" Suddenly, thousands of crackling thunderbolts surged from the sky, seeming to strike the Sunbird. In fact, they were directing to her opened palm, where they concentrated into a small orb. Ambrose clenched her hand into a fist, causing some electricity to escape her control. She brought her hand back, much like an archer pulling the string of his bow backward, and then released the electricity into a large stream, directed at the Moonbird's Avatar.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • OOC: Yes, Salamandre is an Aggron. [/OOC]

Gregarius grinned leeringly as he felt Ambrose's emotions begin to run wild. Yes, this way was better. It wouldn't have been any fun to simply impale her in the first few moments of the battle, after all. Better that she have a sporting chance before destroying him. He listened, feigning interest, as Ambrose proceeded to lay out why she hated him, how much of a dirty snake he was, how he was going to die, blah-blah-blah. It didn't matter, he could feel the fear in her, masked by her anger thought it was, and that enough was practically assurance of victory. It was then the the Avatar of Ho-oh performed a trick he hadn't expected, calling the lightning from the air. Yes, of course, he remembered, they did have the ability to call on that element too, but for some reason Gregarius had never truly been interested in lightning control. It was too unpredictable for his tastes. Water, on the other hand, was easily bent to his whims and put to use for specific purposes. Water was obviously superior to flames, which at best could rage out of control of the master, and at worst amounted to nothing when power was concerned. Even a tiny trickle of water, on the other hand... he snapped his fingers, pulling the shattered ice crystal together once again and restoring it to its liquied state before returning it to his hands. "Well, if we want to call other elements into play..." he cackled. Just as Ambrose launched the lightning sphere, Gregarius launched his hand forward and shouted "STOP!"

It was as if his voice had been amplified a thousand times. The lightning curved back, rebounding from an invisible shield and impacting harmlessly into the ground. Gregarius smiled grimly. "The two spirits have dual natures, after all Ambrose. Yours is more suited to life, renewal, growth, emotion, love," he wrinkled his nose, "And spontanaeity. Mine is the mind, intelligence, control, power, and above all, death." A malicious grin split his face. "Did you hear that last one? Death is true power. Life is meaningless, you gain it whether you deserve it or not. The power to end life, on the other hand, to snuff it out instantly, is truly miraculous. While I, unfortunately, can't stop one's heart from beating simply by pointing at them and telling them to, I can control those elements most adept at it. And so, Ambrose, I give you death as our parting present. Please, accept it graciously." The cruel glint returned to his eyes as he held out his fist and clenched. The water that had returned to him earlier had been allowed to slowly leak into a circular shape around Ambrose, and at its master's command, it shot into the air, forming a ring that would compress itself against the neck of Ambrose, choking her.

Gregarius smiled. The water was checkmate. Still, it wouldn't do to have the Pokemon the Three Spirits had sent get in the way. Pointing his unused hand at Ambrose, he barked his commands. "Salamandre! Rock Tomb on the Crow! Ares! Blast that other excuse for a Pokemon from existence! Hydro Pump!"

The two creatures flanking Gregarius obeyed him with relish. First, the silver-grey reptile roared and brought its claws to the ground, causing four pointing rocks to jut into the air around Ambrose's Honchcrow, which lingered for a moment before breaking into large fragments which would almost certainly crush the bird if they impacted. Mere moments afterward, the blue tortoise obeyed as well, aiming its silver cannons at Honey to fire a blast of high-pressure water capable of toppling small trees.

Victor watched, his concern growing. If he stepped in now, he would be violating Ambrose's orders against his own ideals, and if he did not, Ambrose might be injured. The tactician silently cursed Gregarius with every ancient form of abuse his brain could muster, exalting the Sea Guardian's Avatar to a place of revilement that Char had only just managed to fill.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Ambrose gasped. Damn this human body of mine! She gripped at the water, struggling at first. It was like an noose had formed around her neck. Ambrose's vision grew blurry, her oxygen supply cut off completely. She couldn't see, but she heard both Honey and Kiwi cry out in pain, probably assaulted by Gregarius' powerful Pokemon. She felt herself losing control, everything was falling apart already. Then, she felt an odd presence. Then, three roars sounded and the brisk sound of running footsteps followed. The Three Spirits...? She felt Suicune's calming aura, Raikou's unstable mind, and Entei's sturdy stance. Gasping with the little breath she had, she asked, "Don't... interfere..."

Yes m'lady. As you demand. Suicune responded.

What is going on my masters? Why are you fighting? Those Pokemon weren't meant to fight one another, but rather protect you both. Entei asked. Is this some sort of game?

"No, it's NOT!" Ambrose screamed, pulling on the water noose. Electricity surged from her hands, pulsating through the aquatic ring of death. "AHHHH!" The noose shattered, falling into a million particles. Ambrose panted, and saw Entei wipe a few droplets from his face. "I need... the three... of you... to take Honey and Kiwi back... to the village... and have Silence... take care of them..." She looked away from the dogs, who quickly scurried towards the fallen Pokemon, who laid unconscious nearby. Then, she put her focus back on Gregarius. Ambrose noticed the water slithering back to its master, keeping its serpentine nature. "You may control death Brother. You may not listen to what I say. You may feel arrogant because I'm afraid of you. Your Pokemon may be stronger. But I can assure you this. In the end, one of us will die. Then we will return to our original forms, returning to the heavens. You are a coward. You left for wealth and power. You let these humans.. you let them taint you. Remove your Pokemon. I wish no harm done to them by our battle..."

Julius watched as the Three Dogs gathered the bodies of the Honchkrow and the Ursaring. This was the first time he had gotten a good look at them, but it was at the most inopportune time. Ambrose was at a great disadvantage. She was too kind for battle. Her power was great, but compared to Gregarius, she was weak. He sighed. He wished to enter the fray, but the Moonbird would strike him down in one attack. He looked at Archibald, who watched the battle with great concern. "What's wrong Archibald?"

{ They shouldn't be fighting. This will upset the balance of the continent. Who knows what could happen... } Archibald said with a frown on his face.

{ Though they appear human to us Julius, they are in fact Gods. Their actions effect our world. You know how hot it gets when Ambrose gets angry. Imagine their conflicting emotions. We may have a catastrophe on our hands. } Esteban said, making sure to avoid the rays of sunlight that managed to pierce the canopies of the tree above.

"Victor, what are we to do?" Julius asked, looking to his companion.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back