• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Accents

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Have you ever wished you had a certain accent or could portray a certain accent? Pretty much everyone I know can do at least one kind of accent except for me and I just. I wish I had all of the accents.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    According to most people, I have a maine accent since I was born and raised in Maine until the age of fourteen. I love my Maine accent because it's one of my best memories of that place. <3

Anyway, I wish I had a british or Australian accent. They have the best ones I've ever seen, and they are so unique.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    After hearing many times in football documentaries - I'm really liking the Scottish accent

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I really wish I had a British accent. There's just something very pleasant and cool about it. Or an Australian or Scottish accent. I'm really gonna be honest, I don't know if St. Louisans have an accent. Well accept those who came from southern Missouri who usually have a slight Southern accent. Some people here do say "far" instead of "four" so when referring to Highway 44, they sound like they're saying "farty far". XD

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I want to have a British Accent. It sounds so classy.

But people say I have an American Accent despite that I have never been to America before.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    itt: everyone wants a British accent.

I'm not really concrete on accents. Unless they're heavy, I hardly even notice them. I think living in one state for all my life has done that to me. For some reason though, I'm able to perfectly imitate a Russian accent despite never going to Russia or meeting a Russian. I have no idea how I can do this, but it's awesome.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I have a Bulgarian accent (Suprise, suprise!), which is kinda rough. In comparison to all of the other Eastern European accents, that is.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I grew up in western NY, not far from Niagara Falls, and moved to The South when I was about 12 or 13.
    When I first moved, I heard a lot of, "You don't sound like a New Yorker.. you sound Canadian."
    As the years have gone by, people from other states/regions often tell me, "You sound like a mix of Southern and Canadian.."

;~;

If I had to pick one, though.. Russian accents are pretty sexy.

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I was born and lived in the UK for 13 years, so my English accent is really strong lol. I then lived in Italy for 2 years where I picked up a faint Italian accent :3c I now live in Australia and have done for coming up to 4 years. My accent is a mix between a posh British kid, an outback aussie and a weirdo who drags out his o's and i's like the Italians do haha

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I would love to have Dutch accent as that one sounds so good.

Really? What do you think it sounds like? I'm Dutch,.but I can't say I have a Dutch accent. Dutch is like a 'flat' accent, like how most Americans speak. No additionals things to pronounciation and such.

Scottish accent is also cool. I'm a quarter Scottish, but I don't have a Scottish accent ;)

And I see everyone so far loves a British accent. I seriously get annoyed because of that accent. It is just... too nuch. No offense to any British people around here (I'm half British mysel so)

Years
    I've only been told once by someone that I have a Chinese accent, and having lived my entire life in Canada, I thought that my accent would never be noticed \: Anyway, I've always loved British accents probably because the word equivalents compared to American words sound more sophisticated; I've always been mature for my age so that might be a reason. Of all accents, I would want a British accent c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My accent is really jumpy, between Mexican/Spanish and American. I'm bilingual, so if you noticed in a skype call with me in the past, you'll see how my words are always twisted and such. xD

I am a fan of British/Australian accents because I think they're quite sexy.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I'd like to have an American accent, not like a Texas one or anything just a regular, American accent. Also I'd love a french or italian accent. My favourite accent is very specific though, if you watch OITNB then Morello's accent is incredible!

I hate my British accent, and British accents in general, but it's nice that all Americans think they have sexual appeal or something XD

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I'd love to have an American accent as well haha, I don't know why but it sounds so appealing.. I find my British accent to be common and tacky :/

If you're British and you've seen Keith Lemon's Celebrity Juice, when he does the American impersonations haha, SECTORRRRRRRS. Sounds so coool.

DMoCTTA

YouTuber DMoCTTA
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Accents I can pull off, and have before in videos:
    *Australian
    *Icelandic
    *Ebonics
    *Bostonian
    *Islander

Accents I'd love to have:
    *British
    *Irish
    *Japanese

Somebody gotta make an app for this!

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    *Sigh*

I understand what you're all trying to say but there's no such thing as a British accent. Time and time again I see people referring to British accents and it just gets my goat.

Britain (or the UK) comprises of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. So right away those are 4 very different accents. Presumably when you say 'British', you're referring to an 'English' accent. But even then, there are SO many different accents in England alone. You've got Scouse, Yorkshire, West Country, Cockney, Geordie etc. What you'll all be thinking of is what's known as 'The Queen's English' - which is usually the stereotypical go-to accent for someone in a film or TV show if they are from England.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but when you talk about a 'British' accent and a 'Scottish' one (for example) in the same sentence then you're really not making sense.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I know, it annoys me when people think the only British accent is a poshy London one, but I just say British because it's tiring to explain :P I have a Manchester accent, so not the typical American idea of a British accent at all unfortunately :)

Back